The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

27 Alex Kovalev 06-07

jl-1

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He [Kovy]was looking out for himself and himself only.  

...after the game Kovalev was giving an interview and said he didn't care if he was suspended for what he did......

Hab Fans are pretty smart. If Kovy was just looking out for himself- this would not have become the most popular video in the Habs Nation- He made a STATEMENT for his team- watch the video again, and see. :D It will be replayed forever by Montreal fans- Hab fans wouldn't so revere a selfish act. He did what no Hab in history had done before- and he made Hab fans proud- and it's too bad you have to view it as selfish. He did it for you! Ingrate! :D (Just kidding)

And no he didn't say he didn't care if he were suspended, he said that there was no reason for him to be suspended- all he did was carry the puck, and defend himself from the on coming Tucker hit (Brilliant!)

if Kovalev was really using the force he would have simply moved tucker out of the way with a wave of the hand. :D

He did!!!! :D

My point to you is one huge hit on a Darcy Tucker (No matter how much I loved that hit) does not a captain of hockey's most celebrated franchise make.

For the last time, my fellow Habs fan, I don't think Kovy should be the Captain of the Habs- I've said that over and over.

I never saw Richard play, but I know he was a legend and he was great. If you think he made a move that defined Ledership like Kovy's Tucker Hit, than fine. Having not seen Richard play, I can't dispute you.

Cheers :D

For the last time, my fellow Habs fan, I don't think Kovy should be the Captain of the Habs- I've said that over and over.  

I never saw Richard play, but I know he was a legend and he was great. If you think he made a move that defined Ledership like Kovy's Tucker Hit, than fine. Having not seen Richard play, I can't dispute you.  

Cheers :D

Sorry Dice I obviously misunderstood your point. I understood that you were making a case for Kovalev's leadership qualities as a potential captain for this club. Anyway, enjoy the game tonight. Cheers.

Guest Godfather

There no doubt Kovalev has leadership....isn't he the team captain for "team Russia"..that alone shows that he has the leadership to captain a team on a world reknown scale...as for him captaining the habs...i agree to disgree because the fact is that other people have put in more years with montreal and have already showed there work ethic and loyalty...and stepping over them to give someone the "C" thats been with us for like 2 years doesnt show fairness amongst the rest of the players...

Sorry Dice I obviously misunderstood your point.  I understood that you were making a case for Kovalev's leadership qualities as a potential captain for this club.  Anyway, enjoy the game tonight.  Cheers.

Mojo, I post in good sport, and as a diversion. I assume everyone else does the same.

You owe me no apologies, my friend.

Just like Kindred- we weren't really in disagreement- he was just trying to match wits with me- poor, misquided fellow. That's like trying to take the puck away from from Kovy. :D (just kidding)

Now, as for the one punch knock-out by Richard, I could use him now. i was just ordered out to dinner for 7:00 PM. No choice in the matter. Here, a man waits 4 months, just to pop some corn, get an iced beverage, and sit down to watch his favorite player and team- and bam, now I'm ordered out of my own home, just to get indigestion.

Sometimes life stinks. I'll set the VCR - that never works- and be with you guys in spirit. Anyway, 1-1 after the first- 2-2 second, Habs win 3-2.

Later, Dice

about the same time dice brought up baseballs in a hockey thread. :D

Kindred, I knew the curve ball would strike you out. Sorry, I should have known you could only handle one sport at a time. :D :D

Just saw the replay of the game. Actually, I don't know what the general consensus was- but overall, I thought the Habs looked good considering that the Sabres are supposedly one of the fastest teams in the NHL and a Cup contender.

Guest Miltie01

Did someone on the last page mention Kovy in the same sentence as The Rocket and Howe in a comparison of leadership ? I like Kovy and all but come on lets not be silly. Kovy at times shows leadership, but not on the same level as those two.

Kovi was tired of Rebeiro. They did not compliment eachothers playing styles at all. Kovi's a happier and more effective player with Samsonov in place. Be prepared for an onslaught of Goals this season!

GO HABS GO!!!

Someone please tell him the regular season started last night in Buffalo

He had the most minutes lastnight of all forwards and was a - 3

I know it was " the 1st game " and it was " only one game " but still - 3 :confused:

I know it was " the 1st game " and it was " only one game " but still - 3 :confused:

Trust me dude i know. It was frustrating to see but i still got faith that they will get the ball rolling on that second line. Im stayin positive here. It was only the first game thank god!

Guest HabsFanInPitt27

Give me a break. I thought he played fine even if I couldn't watch the game. It was only the first game of the season. Being a Kovy fan for 6 years I know it will get better. So I'm not worried and none of you should be either.

He got robbed on the breakaway against Miller, when he got the puck I though "goal" but it was an even better save.

He could've scored the game winner to but Komisarek got in the way, what was he thinking!?

Guest cup crazy88
I hate to say it, but Kovalev was almost non-existent last night. Samsonov was better, but I did not see a lot of Plekanec either.

so if a guy doesn't get 2-3 pts in a game he is not existen then right?

Did someone on the last page mention Kovy in the same sentence as The Rocket and Howe in a comparison of leadership ? I like Kovy and all but come on lets not be silly. Kovy at times shows leadership, but not on the same level as those two.

Milt- I'm surprised! Great veteran poster as you knows enough to read an entire sequence of posts, and not "the last page" - before making conclusions. :wink:

I watched the video tape of the game, and as for the 2d line- I thnk the ingredients are definitely there to produce- so I agree with RDS:

"Sergei Samsonov, Divided into volumes Plekanec and Alexei Kovalev, who seem to show natural affinities since they were joined together at the any end of the preparatory calendar, made profitable their speed to create many chances to mark."

As for the line (-7) and Kovy (-3), that's not that big a deal, unless ir ends up being a pattern. The Habs were 14 secs from winning- someone (not Kovy) lost his man, and the Habs lost. Bad break.

Of some concern, Kovy missed 2 golden opportunities to score. And if he gets in is head he's running in "bad luck", that's no good. As most of you know, he's very superstitious- and if he thinks he's playing in bad luck, he only ends up causing more of it.

But, let's hope he gets a couple of good bounces tonight, and all that will turn around. :D

NOW, for the BAD.

1. Fran healy said Kovy was shaking his head when Komi got in the way of the pass in OT- If so, that's BUSH LEAGUE. That's NOT leadership. You don't show up a team mate, period.

If Healy was right, then not even I ( a true Kovy partisan) can defend that garbage! :sad:

Guest d80jcrant
I hate to say it, but Kovalev was almost non-existent last night. Samsonov was better, but I did not see a lot of Plekanec either.

Not to worry it is only 1 game. We still have 81 to go. They will come around. All good players find ways to bounce back...Kovalev likes to play against TO. We will be fine.

Guest habsfan#08
He got robbed on the breakaway against Miller, when he got the puck I though "goal" but it was an even better save.

He could've scored the game winner to but Komisarek got in the way, what was he thinking!?

I don' think he was quite robbed as he did fan on the backhand.....unless i missed a part of the game.

Guest HabsFanInPitt27

Dice don't tell me you're turning your back on him. :D:D

At least you guys get to see him. After this season I'll never get to see him again. :D:D

Guest Habsfan_11

Kovy had some quality chances yesterday, and they were created by himself usually. The guy creates his own chances, much like Sammy. The Sammy-Pleks-Kovy line needs to work on anticipating each others' moves before they make in impact in any game.

Archived