The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

32 Mark Streit 06-07

jl-1

Guest Handlanger
Dude-you need to update your sig.  Ribeiro's toast. :D  Cheers

Ups, you're right. And moreover I'm happy with "the new Ryder" so far. Yes, mark my words, me the former "basher" of him is happy so far. ;-) He changed a lot and I like what I saw, so I definately have to change my sig...

If streit plays some NHL calibre hockey, which i believe he will, and then some, there will be an inevitable defence movement when Boullion gets back.

It's odd how we went from thin on D to a D logjam in just a week or so :D

Guest Thibodosa

but i would reather have a logjam in D then us searching for D when injuries arrise.. i agree somthing with have to be done when everybody is healthy. but untill then the move help we have to better

BITE your tongue LOL

I hope he plays well...and scores too. He deserves it.

Yes he does deserve it but i was just pointing it out

we are getting a little ahead of ourselves by saying we have a log jam after a defenseman just went down last game

Guest CanadianMike

I hear ya.

I like all our Dmen & wish they ALL could play. Now it's Streit's turn and his professionalism speaks LOUD for me. Waited his turn now I hope he does well.

Guest CanadianMike
in my opinon streit in any other team would be in the minors , he is with the habs because the habs lack depth on defence . Who else can we call up with nhl experience ,,,,TRAVERSE"  that is worse.

we will see starting tonight...and NOOOOOOOOOOOOO please no Traverse lol

Guest Handlanger
in my opinon streit in any other team would be in the minors , he is with the habs because the habs lack depth on defence . Who else can we call up with nhl experience ,,,,TRAVERSE"  that is worse.

He he, in many other teams he would be an asset...

Even Hainsey made it and he's not even close to Streit.

Guest hogtownhabsfan

The more these other guys step up (although Niinimaa did get a couple penalties), the more I'm certain Rivet is the odd man out. Souray is a must because of his shot, while Markov, Komisarek, Dandenault, Niinimaa and Boullion are all either consistantly solid or great in the case of Markov and Komisarek. With Streit in the mix we have quality depth and Rivet will be moved either for a prospect, or a pick, before the deadline I am certain of it.

Guest Handlanger
Streit was the man out there tonight, boy this guy has a bullet, excellent clearing of the zone, heads up plays all night, ran the PP extremely well, hardly lost a single battle, easily the best Dman on the ice IMO..at least on our end of the ice :D

Wow... awesome to hear that he played great!!! Especially in our own end, which was like his weakness last year!!! Go Marky go!!! Damn I'm so exited for him.

Hey Habs24, my man! :-) How are you doing? I've always been here, just didn't have very much time to post cause I was very busy at work. But now I'm certainly back! :-)

Ive said it since they made the Ribs/Janne trade and Ill say it again. The only reason Janne was playin over Streit was bc fans would be going crazy if they sat Janne while trading away a 2nd line player who is doing well in Dallas. Streit played very well tonight while Janne showed why he should be the one sitting in the press box with his dumb penalties and awful turnover. Good to see Streit playing the way he did. And dont forget he hasnt played in 2 weeks and could have looked really rusty out there!

Guest Habsters

Solid game by Streit last night, good pairing between him and Niminna. It's going to be interresting to see what Carbo does once Bouillon and Dandy are back.

Archived