The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

32 Mark Streit 06-07

jl-1

The more these other guys step up (although Niinimaa did get a couple penalties), the more I'm certain Rivet is the odd man out. Souray is a must because of his shot, while Markov, Komisarek, Dandenault, Niinimaa and Boullion are all either consistantly solid or great in the case of Markov and Komisarek. With Streit in the mix we have quality depth and Rivet will be moved either for a prospect, or a pick, before the deadline I am certain of it.

I think so

he brings good leadership i guess, but not for 2.4 mill sorry, and ill be damned if he asks for a raise

Ive said it since they made the Ribs/Janne trade and Ill say it again. The only reason Janne was playin over Streit was bc fans would be going crazy if they sat Janne while trading away a 2nd line player who is doing well in Dallas. Streit played very well tonight while Janne showed why he should be the one sitting in the press box with his dumb penalties and awful turnover. Good to see Streit playing the way he did. And dont forget he hasnt played in 2 weeks and could have looked really rusty out there!

Only reason? ur kidding yes?

Niinimaa has played for 10 years and has had some great offensive years along the way and there not gonna bench a 2.5 mill man when they will play him to get there moneys worth

streit at 600k doesnt hurt to put on the bench AND its Streits second year in the NHL, not 7th or 8th

You think Bob Gainey and Guy Carboneau give a crap about what the fans are saying about playing niinimaa over streit? hell as far as montreals concerned, before dandenaults injury, 75% of montreal wanted Streit out of montreal, i dont know where you got your information. but i would THINK living in Boston instead of Montreal played a factor, but its just a guess.

The 75% your talking about dont know anything about hockey. Last season everyone was bashing him for no reason, the guy was our 7th D and he hardly had any ice time so its kinda normal for him to look bad when your only playing 7mins per game and you want to impress your boss so then you start thinking to much and you make mental mistakes.

Look at Komi's ice time compared to last season... The more you play the better you look.

Only reason? ur kidding yes?

Niinimaa has played for 10 years and has had some great offensive years along the way and there not gonna bench a 2.5 mill man when they will play him to get there moneys worth

streit at 600k doesnt hurt to put on the bench AND its Streits second year in the NHL, not 7th or 8th

You think Bob Gainey and Guy Carboneau give a crap about what the fans are saying about playing niinimaa over streit? hell as far as montreals concerned, before dandenaults injury, 75% of montreal wanted Streit out of montreal, i dont know where you got your information. but i would THINK living in Boston instead of Montreal played a factor, but its just a guess.

Give me a break. 9 out of 10 people would take Streit over Janne as the #6 Dman. And if experience had anything to do with it then why is Gui on the team or why did Sundstrum not play over Higgins last season etc. I was making the point that if they bench Janne it looks like a terrible organization move bc they moved a guy who is producing right now for a guy who is eating popcorn in the pressbox. The fact is Janne has looked bad out there with his mistakes and dumb penalties. But like I said with our 2nd line not doing much, and Ribs playing well, they need to try and get something out of Janne bc if they dont then they will have to come out and admit they made a terrible decison. But Im from Boston so what do I know

Just realize this; if Bob and Guy believed Ribeiro would not bring in something better than what they currently had in place, in ANY position, they would have let him go during Free Agency, instead of battling to sign him to a contract.

Streit did play well, no doubt, and I'm glad to see he stepped up when one of our top guys was down; good to see we have such depth in our defense, and such hard workers to boot.

However, if Streit was the better guy, or the guy who fit better in the system, he would be in there in place of Niniimaa. Bob Gainey proved to us with the signing of Traverse that his vision of success generally comes before fan happiness :D

Trust in what Bob does, he goes against fan opinion time and time again, only to prove them wrong (Hossa for Murray anyone? the drafting of Carey Price?)

Bob is a smart man, and his judgement is probably better than ours, or we'd be up in the GM box instead of him, right? :D

Guest Tony Montana

This shoudl be the point streit plays Janne plays and dandenault stays out. Like u all were saying they are not going to bench Janne 2.5m and they did trade him for Ribeiro. Streit if he continues playing well i believe he should take Dandenault spot on D.

Dandenault will never lose his spot on our defensive corpse, he has been in my opinion our best defencmen this year, Komisarek has beena close second, there i no way Dandy loses his spot to anyone for any reason, he has clawed his way into our top d-men class and thats the way it will stay.

I hope Streit takes this opportunity and runs with it, i've believed in this guy from day one, Handlanger knows this, last season i was one of the only people in here helping him defend Streit.

Wow... awesome to hear that he played great!!! Especially in our own end, which was like his weakness last year!!! Go Marky go!!! Damn I'm so exited for him.  

Hey Habs24, my man! :-) How are you doing? I've always been here, just didn't have very much time to post cause I was very busy at work. But now I'm certainly back! :-)

im good man im good, nice to have ya back

yea streit didnt give the puck away,he didnt play like a little boy...he played well lastnight

Guest Captain Koivu#11
im only listening to CJAD (need to order RDS), so its hard to tell, but sounds like he's having a good game.

Yeah, im watching the game on RDS and Streit is playing pretty well. He took 1 or 2 bad penalties, but who doesn't do that from time to time. Anyway, im liking what im seing from our 7th defenseman thus far.

Guest dopplig
Congrats on your first point, Marky!

Yesss congrats from over the atlantic as well. His FIRST point this season :D

Since i could not hear/see the game vs. the Blackhawks, it is good to see

the comments about our swiss. Unfortunately a loss for the team...

He is quickly climbing the list of my fav. Habs...go Streit...seems very confident again.

This guy must stay in the lineup. :mrgreen:

Yeah, im watching the game on RDS and Streit is playing pretty well. He took 1 or 2 bad penalties, but who doesn't do that from time to time. Anyway, im liking what im seing from our 7th defenseman thus far.

Guest Handlanger
Dandenault will never lose his spot on our defensive corpse, he has been in my opinion our best defencmen this year, Komisarek has beena  close second, there i no way Dandy loses his spot to anyone for any reason, he has clawed his way into our top d-men class and thats the way it will stay.

I hope Streit takes this opportunity and runs with it, i've believed in this guy from day one, Handlanger knows this, last season i was one of the only people in here helping him defend Streit.

That is correct. :-) (to say it with Dave Chappelle's words). :D

Seriously, that's true. You always had high hopes in him Link_67. Seems like you have a pretty good smell for upcoming players, you should be working in the Habs organization. ;-)

I agree with you, Dandy will never ever be the odd man out, he's just too solid and to important for our game!! He was awesome so far.

Yesterdays' game.... what can I say: Damn you Havlat.... unbelievable...

Yesss congrats from over the atlantic as well. His FIRST point this season :D  

Since i could not hear/see the game vs. the Blackhawks, it is good to see  

the comments about our swiss. Unfortunately a loss for the team...

He is quickly climbing the list of my fav. Habs...go Streit...seems very confident again.  

This guy must stay in the lineup. :mrgreen:  

Looks like we'll be seing a lot more of streit. Great news.

By the way, dopplig, how do you get RDS??

Guest dopplig

I don't have rds in order to watch the games, but getting news always

on www.rds.com

I have Cablecom at home in switzerland and they offer a channel called

NASN (North American Sports Network). They have full coverage of the NHL

and show this season about 170 games Live (hopefully lot's of HABS - Games lol)

Archived