The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

32 Mark Streit 06-07

jl-1

I don't have rds in order to watch the games, but getting news always

on www.rds.com  

I have Cablecom at home in switzerland and they offer a channel called

NASN (North American Sports Network). They have full coverage of the NHL

and show this season about 170 games Live (hopefully lot's of HABS - Games lol)

Oh ok, I also live in switzerland and I'm trying to get Nasn but it's not easy..I live in a dump.

Guest Handlanger
Züri ??  :-)

No by dump he can only mean Davos! :-) Actuelly, Kohl19 is from Fribourg...

Zurich is the greatest, that's where our Mark Streit grew up as a hockey player! :D

Guest Musketball
Dandenault will never lose his spot on our defensive corpse, he has been in my opinion our best defencmen this year, Komisarek has beena  close second, there i no way Dandy loses his spot to anyone for any reason, he has clawed his way into our top d-men class and thats the way it will stay.

I never payed attention to Dandy until this year. That boy can skate! From what I've seen so far this year, he's definitely classed right near the top of the D. He gets his share of bonehead penalties but all in all he's a good guy to have on the ice.

Streit was also largely ignored by me last year, but yesterday's game was a pretty good one for him. He also has decent speed on the ice.

I think we seriously need to split up Souray and Rivet, their grit would do well with the speed of dandy and streit. At least the speedy D can save the older guys bacon when their skates get welded to the ice.

Guest ExNHLpro
No by dump he can only mean Davos! :-) Actuelly, Kohl19 is from Fribourg...

Zurich is the greatest, that's where our Mark Streit grew up as a hockey player! :D

Well, actually he played for Bern when he was in the junior leagues. That's where he learnt to play. ;-)

Guest dopplig
Well, actually he played for Bern when he was in the junior leagues. That's where he learnt to play. ;-)

That's correct; he's originally from Berne - area and learnt to play in Berne.

BUT, they treated him bad in Berne (they didn't give him lot's of credit that time in Berne) and thus, he went away. Maybe, this has given him even more ambition to fight and get better and better.

But the break-through defenitely came during the time he was in Zurich, playing

with ZSC (Lions). Believe me, i know the Berne story personally

The question is: how do we find room for Streit when Dandy & Bouillon are back? I'd certainly like to see him on the roster.

We won't see him unless another defencemen is injured. Once Bouillon and Dandenault are back, I'm pretty sure that the Habs won't need him anymore anyways, unless another player isn't playing well on the 3rd or 4th line defencively.

Great to see Mark doing so well, and depending how he will do untill the injured return, he might just earns it to stay. Keep up the good work Streit!!!

I do agree that he's been doing well, but what about the main defencemen when they come back (Bouillon, Dandenault)... We'll need to put them some where. If he earns to stay, where should Carboneau put him? On which line?

I do agree that he's been doing well, but what about the main defencemen when they come back (Bouillon, Dandenault)... We'll need to put them some where. If he earns to stay, where should Carboneau put him? On which line?

What is already mentioned above, maybe 3th or 4th, when he keeps this up, and only when one of the main D man is less performing. I wasnt thinking he would replace Bouillon or Dandenault. Its to be seen when the main core is complete again, but imo the best should be out there, so when this is Streit, I think he should get a fair chance to become a part of our main D core.

We don't know how long Dandenault is out for, and Bouillon might only be back after Xmas. I guess he will play a couple of games in the AHL to find his play before getting back in the lineup here in Montreal... so, logically Streit will stay 6-7th D for at least another 3 months. Lots can happen (a trade maybe?) since then.

If everyone is healthy, we have 9 dmen who have proven that they can play in the NHL. So unless our injury bug on defense keeps up, I think some sort of trade will have to come when Franky returns.

Guest Handlanger

Even without Streit, we still have too many D's.... there must be an upcoming trade... especially when you consider the 4 UFA's in D we're going to have next year...

Guest Handlanger
With an excess of defensemen probable after all the injured return, could you see Mark Streit playing the wing on the third or fourth line?

bw6

Ah... no! He is not a winger and never will be, even he's fast and has technique.... I could see Dandy there, he's used to it..

Ah... no! He is not a winger and never will be, even he's fast and has technique.... I could see Dandy there, he's used to it..
Not so fast there Handlanger... he is quite speedy, does posess offensive skills, has decent size, is a good passer, is good in the corners, can be physical, has a good shot, can score and is a smart player... sounds like a good forward prospect if you ask me. I'd give him a try rather than lose him if the space was made available.

bw6

Guest Handlanger
Not so fast there Handlanger... he is quite speedy, does posess offensive skills, has decent size, is a good passer, is good in the corners, can be physical, has a good shot, can score and is a smart player... sounds like a good forward prospect if you ask me. I'd give him a try rather than lose him if the space was made available.

bw6

Of course, but still... Dandy has learnt how to move in the offense, Streit hasn't yet. I don't doubt he won't be able, I just think it would take a while for him to adjust to offense...

Of course, but still... Dandy has learnt how to move in the offense, Streit hasn't yet. I don't doubt he won't be able, I just think it would take a while for him to adjust to offense...
With his heart and desire and knowledge of the game I believe he could adjust very quickly... In my books we can't lose this guy.

bw6

Archived