The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

32 Mark Streit 06-07

jl-1

Guest Handlanger

Mhhhm, from the player point of view, yeah I like to see Bouillon and Dandy back in action.... I'm a bit scared if it will cause political problems....

I mean Streit is doing what the coach wants him to do, he's a good boy. But imagine Bouillon and Dandy back, and Guy decides to sit a Souray, or Niiniimaa or Rivet - will they accept it? Or will it cause a problem in the locker room?

Guest habinto
Mhhhm, from the player point of view, yeah I like to see Bouillon and Dandy back in action.... I'm a bit scared if it will cause political problems....  

I mean Streit is doing what the coach wants him to do, he's a good boy. But imagine Bouillon and Dandy back, and Guy decides to sit a Souray, or Niiniimaa or Rivet - will they accept it? Or will it cause a problem in the locker room?

Streit still has a lot of games to prove himself, which is a good thing. If Streit plays like he can I believe he can move up in the defense ranking. I like Franky soup and Dandy but I want the best team on the ice and I don't care at who's expense.

Guest Handlanger
Streit still has a lot of games to prove himself, which is a good thing.  If Streit plays like he can I believe he can move up in the defense ranking.  I like Franky soup and Dandy but I want the best team on the ice and I don't care at who's expense.

Another very solid game by Streit! Good, if he starts producing now like he did in the Swiss league it's all fine...

Guest Handlanger
bouillion,dandy..you make it sound like they're all-stars,never were,never will be.i'd rather see streit develop..way more upside,i want the best lineup regardless of nationality

Okaaaaay, I'm starting to like the crazy flakes you had for breakfast ;-) :D

Guest Handlanger
what constitutes a great team in your opinion?..how about getting some great players. do we have any? a roster full of average to above average players dont make you great

On one hand, you're right... on the other hand, I think a lot contains on the chemistry of a team. What I'm trying to say is: An average team with a great chemistry can easily beat out a team of superstars....

Guest Handlanger
maybe,but they cant beat 4 teams on way to cup.we need a couple of stars to move to next level.we spent alot of $$ on sami and dandy,which imo could have been better spent elsewhere

Well, maybe, but time will time. I'm quite happy with Dandy, he was kind of shaky in the first few games for us, but he became very very solid. Dandy paired with a stay at home is terrific. On Sammy.... well we'll see... right now, I'm not that happy with him, but I haven't lost hope yet.

Streit looked ok out there tonight against the Leafs.

What a heck of a play on the first Samsonov goal too. Showed GREAT poise in not just trying to wire the rebound back at the net (which probably would have been blocked). Controlled the puck, snapped it to Samsonov, and the rest is history.

Aside from that, I didn't notice him much, but I like what I saw in the shootout as well.

It was his pass, intentional or not , on the Souray goal, which kinda impressed me.
Beauty of a pass on Sammys goal...And he should have won it for the boys in the shootout...He made the move he wanted and slipped the puck throw Aubins legs but it just sailed wide...UGH...Good game tho and he def. saved Janne's butt a few times!
Best d-man out there tonight against the Leafs IMHO.

bw6

Beauty of a pass on Sammys goal...And he should have won it for the boys in the shootout...He made the move he wanted and slipped the puck throw Aubins legs but it just sailed wide...UGH...Good game tho and he def. saved Janne's butt a few times!

It's tough, I know how that backhand feels, it kind of bumps off the front and doesn't direct where you want it, probably the curvature of the blade.

Thumbs up to whoever gave him the chance, it's an excellent strategy, and others won't have the book on him, he had the idea going 5-hole on Aubin.

Streit at this point, is unremovable from our line up, even if Boullion comes back, we cant send him to the press box after all these great games he has been playing, somethign must be and will be done, Streit is ready for Primetime, he looks better than Rivet and Janne

Guest 60islove
Streit at this point, is unremovable from our line up, even if Boullion comes back, we cant send him to the press box after all these great games he has been playing, somethign must be and will be done, Streit is ready for Primetime, he looks better than Rivet and Janne

IMO Janne sits not Streit, he's good and no one can deny this.

Archived