The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

32 Mark Streit 06-07

jl-1

He is looking great. I think he has a roster spot at least until Bubbles returns. Janne will probably be the one to sit (not that he's been horrible, just odd man out). When Bouillion returns, I h "regular" 6, Janne, Streit, plus Cote who is probably ready. We could keep 2, even 3, extra on our roster, but it doesn't do much good to just sit them in the press box. So there will have to be some sort of trade, unless we have injuries.

He is looking great. I think he has a roster spot at least until Bubbles returns. Janne will probably be the one to sit (not that he's been horrible, just odd man out). When Bouillion returns, I h "regular" 6, Janne, Streit, plus Cote who is probably ready. We could keep 2, even 3, extra on our roster, but it doesn't do much good to just sit them in the press box. So there will have to be some sort of trade, unless we have injuries.

Right now Cote is on the Hamilton roster so he will most likely stay there unless really needed.

I know he had a good game numbers wise, which is what it's all about, but he looked off with the puck, and overall not his best game IMO, infact the numbers make it look a lot better then it was.

The whole team was off with or without the puck tonight. I'm not about to judge anyone after that game. I'll say the Samsonov line got it going offensively and Aebi looked sharp at times, and we got a point. Thats about all you can say good about the game.

Right now Cote is on the Hamilton roster so he will most likely stay there unless really needed.

Ya, but I think we'll see him called up as the 7th dman at some point this season.

Guest Handlanger
changes are obviously coming once boullion is back, there is no choice in the matter. Streit simply cant be taken off the line up now, he proved his point, he is adapted to the nhl, and ready to take on full time position and minutes, his pre-season was no fluke.

Great avater Link! ;-)

changes are obviously coming once boullion is back, there is no choice in the matter. Streit simply cant be taken off the line up now, he proved his point, he is adapted to the nhl, and ready to take on full time position and minutes, his pre-season was no fluke.

ya if everyones halthy something has to happen. Because Markov, Souray, Dandy, Bouillion, Rivet, Komi, and now Streit all have to play regularly (thats 7 if you can't count). Cote deserves to be the 7th dman. So that means one of our main dmen have to go, and I wouldn't mind seeing Janne go (he could be 7th dman I suppose, but I'd rather see Cote take that job). The interesting thing though is that probably Souray is the one who would be most likely to go (not in our long term plans), but yet he will be hard to lose any sooner than we have to due to his shot.

Guest shanahan1024

WIth the way hes playing when Boullions back, hes going to be the #7 D-Man. And with the way Rivets playing, Streit should play every third game, subbing with Rivet and Dandenault.

WIth the way hes playing when Boullions back, hes going to be the #7 D-Man. And with the way Rivets playing, Streit should play every third game, subbing with Rivet and Dandenault.

That does not make sense to me. Streit deserves to play most games, hummm... in fact, IMO he sould play every single game.

Dandy is a very important part of our D. While Rivet is very limited, he shouldn't be sitting. I also don't htink Streit should sit. Let Gainey sort this out.

Yeah this guy is honestly surprising me.

I didn't think he was an NHL caliber defenseman I'll be honest about it. He's starting to gain my confidence more and more every night. He's really good at moving the puck and you don't see him turning it over too much.

Give Streit more time on the power play at Rivet's expense. Honestly, I like Rivs, but he's not an asset with the man advantage. Streit is mobile, moves the puck well, can find the open man, and can do those nifty little slap passes that pull a PKer out of position so the board man can get a clear shooting lane.

Give Streit more time on the power play at Rivet's expense. Honestly, I like Rivs, but he's not an asset with the man advantage. Streit is mobile, moves the puck well, can find the open man, and can do those nifty little slap passes that pull a PKer out of position so the board man can get a clear shooting lane.
I agree... Rivets has a tendancy not to look for the shooting lane and is not the best passer either.

Guest Thibodosa
Why he doesn't play more is beyond me.  Especially when Niinimaa is getting more ice time.  I don't get it.

hes plays a regular shift and on the PP... im not shure about PK.. what more can he play

Archived