The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

14 Tomas Plekanec 06-07

jl-1

Guest Miltie01
Why afraid ? In our current team this is the best position for him to play his best hockey.

To make a great 4th line sounds great to me :D

He might be the best 4th line center in the game.

Guest voicemajor2000

is it just me, or do we have some great depth with talented and quick forwards. I am LOVING it compared to the lean days a few years ago. It's nice to have good responsible players who have got the skills, and Pleks is one of those guys. First line or fourth line, he'll get his chances, and his ice time. Go Habs Go!

Great game by Tomas tonight! He still needs to gain more confidence and learn how to bury those chances but boy, did he fight for the puck - Sammy's 2nd goal was all Pleks. Those two were everywhere.

Outworking and outhustling the ***** captain Chara to steal the puck and make a great pass to Sammy while going down...Amazing...Im from Boston and the ***** announcers were all over Chara for that and deserving so...But many players may have given up and just let Chara take the puck around the net instead of buzzing and pressing him like Pleks did and steal the puck...Great play and it changed the game!!!

Guest hersky77

I went to the game. He played with intesity all night, nut he has no finnsih. Someone like kovalev or koivu have to teach him how to finnsih his scoring oppurtunites.

I went to the game. He played with intesity all night, nut he has no finnsih. Someone like kovalev or koivu have to teach him how to finnsih his scoring oppurtunites.

Unfortunatley with Kovy's luck right now, he'd teach him how to deke the pants off a guy and then hit the crossbar to finish.

I think part of it might be his youth. He's a hard worker and desperate to prove himself, so perhaps he overplays the puck a little in his excitement. On the other hand, if he keeps setting his linemates up with sweet feeds like he did with Sammy last night, who cares about his finishing ability? We already have finishers. :D

Outworking and outhustling the ***** captain Chara to steal the puck and make a great pass to Sammy while going down...Amazing...Im from Boston and the ***** announcers were all over Chara for that and deserving so...But many players may have given up and just let Chara take the puck around the net instead of buzzing and pressing him like Pleks did and steal the puck...Great play and it changed the game!!!

Yup, huge play indeed.

Guest jfk0202

DId anyone see that Ovechkin-like move he pulled. That was sick. Would have be nice to pot it but either way ayntime you can undress a defender, it either puts them off their game or makes them mad enought to usualy take a penalty...great game by him overall. As soon as he starts potting these chances..LOOK OUT!!!

DId anyone see that Ovechkin-like move he pulled.  That was sick.  Would have be nice to pot it but either way ayntime you can undress a defender, it either puts them off their game or makes them mad enought to usualy take a penalty...great game by him overall.  As soon as he starts potting these chances..LOOK OUT!!!

Yeah that was really sweet, I saw it too. Had the Bell Center buzzing for a good minute. Just a really impressive move to get around the D.

Guest jfk0202
Yeah that was really sweet, I saw it too. Had the Bell Center buzzing for a good minute. Just a really impressive move to get around the D.

Ya I so taught him that...hehe

Guest vegasrick

GREAT game by Pleks last night vs. the B's. This guy is getting better all the time. He's fast, likes to steal the puck, not afraid to go into the boards, and has some moves we probably still haven't seen yet! Our kind of player!

Frankly, I don't understand why he hasn't done much better centering that 2nd line.

Guest mrcarsonj
He looked like he had new life out there. Maybe he changed up his brand of turtlenecks - went silky or more breathable or something...

Hilarious! I thought the same thing

Frankly, I don't understand why he hasn't done much better centering that 2nd line.

He's shy & lacks confidence. Centering big names like Kovalev & Samsonov brings huge pressure for a guy that young / humble. But I believe in Tomas, his hockey talent & work ethic is undisputable. Few more goals from his line and he's gonna be fine. See his reaction after Samsonov's 2nd goal..

Guest Captain Koivu#11

Pleks played pretty well tonight, and he hit the post too. Maybe it will go in next game. Did anyone notice during the game, after 2 periods, Pleks was 8 for 10 on face-offs. Thats 80%. Pretty impressive.

Guest vegasrick
Pleks played pretty well tonight, and he hit the post too. Maybe it will go in next game. Did anyone notice during the game, after 2 periods, Pleks was 8 for 10 on face-offs. Thats 80%. Pretty impressive.

He finished 12-for-17, which is 71%. Still very impressive. I'll take that, especially lately, when we have not really been dominating the faceoff circles like we did earlier in the season.

Guest Captain Koivu#11
He finished 12-for-17, which is 71%.  Still very impressive.  I'll take that, especially lately, when we have not really been dominating the faceoff circles like we did earlier in the season.

wow 12-17! Very impressive indeed.

Archived