The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

14 Tomas Plekanec 06-07

jl-1

I don't care how many posts Pleks hits. If he continues to slay in the faceoff circle, the line's productivity will improve. More faceoffs won = more puck possession for your line = great news for shifty puck-control forwards like Kovalev and Samsonov. Ultimately, it's pretty simple. You win a faceoff, and you have a chance to either generate a scoring chance or quickly clear the puck from your zone. You lose a faceoff, and you could get scored on or spend the rest of your shift trying to regain possession of the puck.

I really like this kid, i dont know what ppl are talking about moving him

People only wanna move Pleks so Higgy can get on the 2nd line to center to continue letting Gui play 1st line...Its only so the "golden boy" wont move down to the 4th...Pleks is a solid player with some O punch BUT more importantly plays very good D on a line with 2 players who well arent known for their D play

I really like this guy, but has such a hard time finding the back of the net.

He is struggling scoring, but his play overall is good. He's solid defensively (the only one on that line) and you can tell every game that he's getting more and more familiar with Samsonov and Kovalev. The feed he gave Sammy was amazing... unfortunately, Samsonov is also struggling putting the puck in the net this year! He's showing great signs out there, I'm not ready to give up on him just quite yet... unless we get our hand on a bonafied center via a trade, that is. :mrgreen:

Guest Thibodosa
I know Pleky will break out of his funk soon, perhaps even against the Caps tonight. He's just too good to be mired in such a cold streak.

ive noticed him playing really good tonight.. hes been in the middle of everything... hopefully he can get a goal. and if he keeps it up with pettinger he might have to fight

Pleks looked good with Johnson and Perez tonight.

so why does he wait till he's put on a different line to decide to play well. he doesnt make passes like he did tonight when he's on the second line.

second line or third though, i dont think he could break a pane of glass with that shot of his.

so why does he wait till he's put on a different line to decide to play well. he doesnt make passes like he did tonight when he's on the second line.  

second line or third though, i dont think he could break a pane of glass with that shot of his.

Hmmm... maybe it just doesnt click with Kovalev and Samonov... after all, whenever he's with other wingers, he plays well... :shock:

as far as passing goes, if you noticed, he doesnt pass anymore when playing on the 2nd, maybe he's just tired of waiting for passes that never come and decided to keep the puck for himself whenever he has it... :shock:

I feel horrible for this kid, truely, he can't play with the Russians, Bonk couldn't either, its the combination of Kovy and Samsonov that is the problem, and Pleks is paying the price, he was so effective on the 3rd and 4th line, but you stuff him on the second, and suddenly no one is there for passes, he's not in the right position for their passes, and quite franlly its because the Russians are perimeter players, where has on line 3, Johnson drives the net and so does Perez.

Guest stevesaku
I feel horrible for this kid, truely, he can't play with the Russians, Bonk couldn't either, its the combination of Kovy and Samsonov that is the problem, and Pleks is paying the price, he was so effective on the 3rd and 4th line, but you stuff him on the second, and suddenly no one is there for passes, he's not in the right position for their passes, and quite franlly its because the Russians are perimeter players, where has on line 3, Johnson drives the net and so does Perez.

i agree...plekanec is a very good player.its a question of combining the right players together to bring the best out of everyone

Guest habfansham
i agree...plekanec is a very good player.its a question of combining the right players together to bring the best out of everyone

True, same could be said of Perez.

Hmmm... maybe it just doesnt click with Kovalev and Samonov... after all, whenever he's with other wingers, he plays well...  :shock:  

as far as passing goes, if you noticed, he doesnt pass anymore when playing on the 2nd, maybe he's just tired of waiting for passes that never come and decided to keep the puck for himself whenever he has it... :shock:

passes that never come??? i guess the passes the recieved and couldnt handle 2 games ago against the pathetic panthers dont count. the guy cant finish thats why he was back on the third last night.

passes that never come??? i guess the passes the recieved and couldnt handle 2 games ago against the pathetic panthers dont count. the guy cant finish thats why he was back on the third last night.

Yeah I know, and believe me, the 2nd line was WAY better without him... :D

Guest Captain Koivu#11

Maybe Perez and Johnson are easier players to read and find chemistry with. Or maybe they are just a better fit for him.

Maybe Perez and Johnson are easier players to read and find chemistry with. Or maybe they are just a better fit for him.

I agree they are a better fit. Perez has steadily growing skills and speed and johnson plays a simplified style which works well.

Guest habgab

I don't see why Pleks gets blamed for the second line woes - I think he plays well most games and brings his best effort. Great game for him tonight - nice to see.

I don't see why Pleks gets blamed for the second line woes - I think he plays well most games and brings his best effort.  Great game for him tonight - nice to see.

The question never was an effort thing, it was more of a, is he a second line center at the NHL level at this point of his career...

As great as he was tonight, that question has yet to be answered IMO....

But don't get me wrong, I like Tomas.

The question never was an effort thing, it was more of a, is he a second line center at the NHL level at this point of his career...

As great as he was tonight, that question has yet to be answered IMO....

But don't get me wrong, I like Tomas.

Hard to say, as long as he keeps playing with Samsonov and Kovalev we probably won't see much from him...

But who knows what he could do offensively with other linemates ? :cool:

Guest habs_fan1160

Great game, I thought for sure he was going to turn the trick. Imagine, Plekanec being the first one on the Habs to get a hat trick this season :D

Unlikely player to do it.

Archived