The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

14 Tomas Plekanec 06-07

jl-1

At the time of the press conference, he had not filed anything, Gainey said that pleky had a couple of days left to do so.

My gut feeling is that Gainey doesn't think it will happen, I dont know, maybe his tone when he talked about it ?

I think Pleks is in the same boat as Higgins was last year. Higgins was asked why he didn't go to arbitration and he said something to the effect that he didn't have many choices where he was still fresh to the league.

Pleks will probably be signed for about 1-1.2 million

Guest Steiner02
At the time of the press conference, he had not filed anything, Gainey said that pleky had a couple of days left to do so.

The deadline to file for arbitration is July 5th.

So we'll be hearing news of arbitration or otherwise soon enough.

Guest overlords
What they are saying is "Plekanec pourrait aussi l'imiter" which means could, not will. They're speculating as we are ;)

And we all know how RDS likes to stir **** up. Just like when they twisted gainey's words from the very same PC we are talking about.

Guest Mr.Plekanec35

i think that we really need to sign Plekanec hes a great young star and hes just gonna keep playing better. it was a big mistake to have let souray get away but then again bob gainey can't force him to stay. again plekanec deserves a big raise and it will be done within the next three days this kid deserves a big raise. he plays hard day in day out unlike kovalev who i think is hurting the team with his unconsistant play.

plekanec 3 years 1.3 million (my guess) yours?

Guest habinto
i think that we really need to sign Plekanec hes a great young star and hes just gonna keep playing better. it was a big mistake to have let souray get away but then again bob gainey can't force him to stay. again plekanec deserves a big raise and it will be done within the next three days this kid deserves a big raise. he plays hard day in day out unlike kovalev who i think is hurting the team with his unconsistant play.

plekanec 3 years 1.3 million (my guess) yours?

same as higgins

Guest Banishing Blade
same as higgins

I agree with this sentiment, though Pleks may ask for about two million. I still think $1.7 is fair.

Guest Banishing Blade
Ryder has already filed for arbitration?

Yup, according to both TSN and RDS.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/news_story/?ID=212...e=nhl-canadiens

The Canadiens now need to find out how much forwards Michael Ryder and Tomas Plekanec will cost them. Ryder, coming off a second straight 30-goal season, filed for arbitration Tuesday. Plekanec may also seek arbitration.

Guest overlords
my guess pleks signs :

2 years 3.85 milllion

1.925 million per

I think that's a bit high for someone with one decent season under his belt. Why give him anymore than a promising player like higgins or especially komi? I figure he'll get 1.5-17

Guest Habs_101
I think that's a bit high for someone with one decent season under his belt. Why give him anymore than a promising player like higgins or especially komi? I figure he'll get 1.5-17

I never said i thought it was fair, just what I think he will get...plus Higgins can have all the potential he wants, stats show Pleky was better last year and thats what matter IF he goes to arbitration, thats why i see 3.85 over 2 years more realistic, and not really a big gamble either.

Guest keithman

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212843&hubname=

Canadiens sign Plekanec to two-year deal

Tomas Plekanec

Tomas Plekanec

TSN.ca Staff

7/5/2007 3:52:05 PM

The Montreal Canadiens continued to lock up players for their 2007-08 roster on Thursday, re-signing centre Tomas Plekanec to a two-year contract.

No financial terms have been released.

Plekanec, 24, was drafted in 2001 by the Canadiens and scored 20 goals and 47 points in 81 games last season.

The Czech forward became a restricted free agent on July 1.

In 150 career games with Montreal, Plekanec has scored 29 goals and 76 point

-----------------------

this is good news. I really like Pleks.

Archived