The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

14 Tomas Plekanec 06-07

jl-1

Guest Cenner Hice

Phew! Wouldn't know what to do with my black turtlenecks if he hadn't signed (not that I doubted it).

p.s. does anyone know why he wears them? Is it 'cause it's cold out there?

Phew! Wouldn't know what to do with my black turtlenecks if he hadn't signed (not that I doubted it).

p.s. does anyone know why he wears them? Is it 'cause it's cold out there?

protection against bloodsucker fans and medias maybe? :lol:

Guest habsFREAK27

Hurray for our Official and real turtleneck guy!

Really happy to know he had that 2 year deal. If only it could've been easy like this with Ryder...

Guest habsfan7344

yeah ryder should get sighned soon anyways i hope he does he is a really good players and is ganna have a lot of goals next year u have a feeling we wil do very well this season!!!! now that we have plecks and komi and higgins(and i hope RYDER) we are really bound to do good and maybe the nobody players will turn out to be awsome!!!

(ganna miss u souray!! good luck on your new team!!! u still rule!! and ganna cheer for edmonton!!LOL!!!)

Guest biggiieboy
One of my favorites. Glad to hear he's locked up and before arbitration.

i was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy when i heard he signed with us

Guest original_6
dat would be a great line

I dunno bout Kovalev....he gives up too easy....has a bunch of talent but doesn't work hard, in his case i would like to cut him. Hard work is better than talent, and it is respected. Plekanec is a good example of hard work. He doesn't have the talent that kovalev possesses but his work ethic makes me respect him. We have the highest paid 4th line, and unless kovalev steps up, he'll never play 1st line.

Guest kenshabs
I dunno bout Kovalev....he gives up too easy....has a bunch of talent but doesn't work hard, in his case i would like to cut him. Hard work is better than talent, and it is respected. Plekanec is a good example of hard work. He doesn't have the talent that kovalev possesses but his work ethic makes me respect him. We have the highest paid 4th line, and unless kovalev steps up, he'll never play 1st line.

I agree about Kovalev (actually have stronger thoughts but must be good Passion + sarcasim = suspension). As for Pleks, he was never one of my favorite players but he keeps producing with more ice time and responsibility. Every time I think I don't like him he does something good and changes my mind. Good signing and I hope he keeps proving me wrong!

I agree about Kovalev (actually have stronger thoughts but must be good Passion + sarcasim = suspension). As for Pleks, he was never one of my favorite players but he keeps producing with more ice time and responsibility. Every time I think I don't like him he does something good and changes my mind. Good signing and I hope he keeps proving me wrong!

can i ask what it is that you dont like about pleky? something he does/doesn't or is it simply a matter of personal like/dislike? I'm just curious :)

Guest kenshabs
can i ask what it is that you dont like about pleky? something he does/doesn't or is it simply a matter of personal like/dislike? I'm just curious :)

I think it is mostly a size thing, plus a lot of stick penalties at bad times. More so, it was that I really like some of the other young players and would love to see them get a chance as well. That being said, my feelings have changed and I am more impressed the more i watch.

Guest smoke

Hopefully he can bulk up for next year, We could use more grit on the team, only thing i noticed when watching the playoffs, Everytime someone had the puck out there, they were nailed..

I dont think our team could have kept up with this for the length of the playoffs,

Size + Grit + Talent at the same time..

I think it is mostly a size thing, plus a lot of stick penalties at bad times. More so, it was that I really like some of the other young players and would love to see them get a chance as well. That being said, my feelings have changed and I am more impressed the more i watch.

makes sense, thanks for replying :)

Guest 1970 Habs

Plekanec was one if not the best player the second half of the season.

I think he has a lot of heart and would rather have that than size.

Pleks doesn't need to bulk up or change his game. He's fine the way he is. He just has to bring consistency to his game and be a contributor over an 82-game season. The guy finished the season with 47 points, most of which came in the second half. If he becomes more consistent, he will be an excellent second-line centre instead of the good second-line centre he is now.

Guest leafsreallysuck
Well he doesnt need for the reg season, but in the playoff's after getting hit off the puck 100x times, you need to be stronger

Which playoffs are you referring to? He's only had 6 playoff games in his first season.

Guest smoke

Na just me watching the playoffs this year, Every single time someone had the puck they were hit, Its a whole different game down there. You need to prepare yourself for it..

As if our team played like all the playoff teams did last year, we would have a great chgance

Guest leafsreallysuck
Na just me watching the playoffs this year, Every single time someone had the puck they were hit, Its a whole different game down there. You need to prepare yourself for it..

As if our team played like all the playoff teams did last year, we would have a great chgance

You're making assumptions and until we see him in the playoffs we don't know. You're aware he's 5'11" and around 200 lbs, that's not that small.

Archived