The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

14 Tomas Plekanec 06-07

jl-1

Guest futurestar3
It doesn't matter, not one team in the nhl wants to be like the blues after the lockout without one player to rely on...Jokinen is an experienced vet who can put up points consistently every night....no way the trade will be accepted, you need to offer 2008 first pick, second pick, third pick, 2009 1st pick and conditional pick and a guy like chipchura to even let them consider that they're trading their franchise player, the best player to play for florida since the russian rocket, Pavel Bure.

there not even a franchise anymore and they've done it before and we're giving them a crap deal but theyr'e desperate for prospects and picks

Guest original_6
there not even a franchise anymore and they've done it before and we're giving them a crap deal but theyr'e desperate for prospects and picks

What isn't a franchise anymore? The Florida Panthers? You just shot yourself in the foot with that post.....We're giving them a CRAP DEAL thats the main reason why any team, even one of the weakest wouldn't deal away their best player. Their whole team is made of prospects and picks....to the exceptions of Jokinen and Bowmeester. This might come as a shock to you if you don't know who is GM and behind the bench for the Florida Panthers. It is none other than Jacques Martin. He knows what he is doing unlike your fantasy thoughts....get real, that deal will NEVER HAPPEN.

Guest 10000th round draft pick

This season, watch out for Pleks! I think he's going to be right up there with Koivu as our best overall forward.

Guest mohit07

I've always said that Pleks was underrated since early last year, b4 he "brokeout". This guy will surely secure his spot as a 2nd line center this season. He does all the little things right and thats what makes him such an effective player. Give him some more powerplay time this year and he will notch up a season full of points.

Guest futurestar3
I've always said that Pleks was underrated since early last year, b4 he "brokeout". This guy will surely secure his spot as a 2nd line center this season. He does all the little things right and thats what makes him such an effective player. Give him some more powerplay time this year and he will notch up a season full of points.

we might have to play him as a wing though because smolinski will probably play the second line and koivu is way better so i think our pp will be like this

higgz-koivu-pleks

markov-hamrlik

lats-smolinski-ryder

carle-komisarek

Guest habsboss

i think that plekanec will score 20-25 goals and will put up 63 points thus solidifying his spot on this team and making a statement that he's almost ready to be the number one center ! i think him and higgins will monsterous years and lattendresse won't be far be hind!! can't wait until the season starts! let's get it stated already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20 - 25 seems more like it, he is more of a high slot playmaker, he doesn't go in deep because he is very responsible defensively, he pinches in here and there but mostly, Pleks is a feeder, and will likely pile on the assists depending on who his linemates are.

Guest futurestar3

i think whoever said hes a playmaker and will rack up the assists is right so ithink he should play with ryder so that pleks can feed ryder who is our best scorer so our linup will be likle this

higgins-koivu-lats

kostitsyn-pleks-ryder

lappierre-smolinski-kostopolous

begin-grabovski-kovalev

20 - 25 seems more like it, he is more of a high slot playmaker, he doesn't go in deep because he is very responsible defensively, he pinches in here and there but mostly, Pleks is a feeder, and will likely pile on the assists depending on who his linemates are.

Agreed. Higgins is the finisher on that line, while Kostitsyn would be more of a tweener with the ability to dish or shoot as the situation dictates. Plekanec is doing just fine with his game. I'd like to see him break the 50-point plateau this year.

Guest concreteveins
i think whoever said hes a playmaker and will rack up the assists is right so ithink he should play with ryder so that pleks can feed ryder who is our best scorer so our linup will be likle this

higgins-koivu-lats

kostitsyn-pleks-ryder

begin-grabovski-kovalev

pleks should play left wing with smolinski at center and ryder on right. smolinski is a better face off man and both smolinski and ryder are finishers which pleks can support. kovalev should be put with koivu and higgins because he a feeder and his stick-handling ability will allow for good cycling down low with higgins and better passing in the slot and better looks from the point. Both top lines will be quick and offensively effective and both bottom lines (esp. the third line) will pound the heck out of the opposition. With koivu scoring a personal high in goals next year i think he will reach the 90 point mark this year with even more goals, kovalev would help this and maybe with these line mates help himself.

Higgins-koivu-kovalev

pleks-smolinski-ryder

lats-begin-lapierre

lahti-grabovski-kostopolous

Guest Kronix
we might have to play him as a wing though because smolinski will probably play the second line and koivu is way better so i think our pp will be like this

higgz-koivu-pleks

markov-hamrlik

lats-smolinski-ryder

carle-komisarek

well kovalev will be on pp so thats wrong IMO

Guest Kronix

higgins-koivu-lats

kostitsyn-pleks-ryder

begin-grabovski-kovalev

kovalev on the 4th line lol

Guest Anetéchrist

higgz-koivu-pleks

markov-hamrlik

lats-smolinski-ryder

carle-komisarek

If Smolinski plays on the 2nd line, expect him to center Latendresse and Kovalev. With their similar speed and very dissimilar playing types, they could complete each other well. But I do believe Smolinski will center the third line until injuries occur. The second line should be the young blood line : Higgins - Plekanec - Kostitsyn

Oh, and Carle is a teenage (nearly :D) offensive defenseman with non-existent defensive mindset. He won't make the team this year, nor will he next year if he doesn't learn fast to not be another number 44.

As for the Powerplay, I do not see Carbonneau using 4 defensemen this year. Markov, Hamrlik, Streit are locks and maybe Komisarek, but given his rather limited offensive capabilities, I hope Carbo will consider using Kovalev on the point.

Guest futurestar3
If Smolinski plays on the 2nd line, expect him to center Latendresse and Kovalev. With their similar speed and very dissimilar playing types, they could complete each other well. But I do believe Smolinski will center the third line until injuries occur. The second line should be the young blood line : Higgins - Plekanec - Kostitsyn

Oh, and Carle is a teenage (nearly :D) offensive defenseman with non-existent defensive mindset. He won't make the team this year, nor will he next year if he doesn't learn fast to not be another number 44.

As for the Powerplay, I do not see Carbonneau using 4 defensemen this year. Markov, Hamrlik, Streit are locks and maybe Komisarek, but given his rather limited offensive capabilities, I hope Carbo will consider using Kovalev on the point.

i didnt meen to put komisarek on the pp i just kinda repeated the defensive lines but i dont think kovalev will be used cuz he is much better suited for the high slot boards on the right

Guest concreteveins

PP should go like this

higgins-koivu-ryder

markov-bouillion

kostitsyn-pleks-kovalev

hamrlik-streit

defense on the pp is very sketchy this year markov and streit are the only two offensive defensemen and need to be on each pp line i think. the first line works great on the pp. second line i think would get it going too because of control and speed.

Guest futurestar3
PP should go like this

higgins-koivu-ryder

markov-bouillion

kostitsyn-pleks-kovalev

hamrlik-streit

defense on the pp is very sketchy this year markov and streit are the only two offensive defensemen and need to be on each pp line i think. the first line works great on the pp. second line i think would get it going too because of control and speed.

i think smolinski should be oin and we should have one great passing line so it should be like this

smolinski-koivu-higgins

markov-hamrlik

ryder-plekanec-lats

streit-obryne

i really would haveliked to have the first pp with our three pirst centres but then our second line would suck so

Archived