The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

42 Alexander Perezhogin

jl-1

Guest Iceman1509

All I said is that Russians don't seem to like Montreal. You have to admit it is a bit odd considering Kovalevs comments regarding Montreal (the team not the city) not liking Russians. First Samsonov, then Kovalev, now Perezogin leaves. It is a little coincidental. Thats the only reason I say anything. Its an observation nothing else.

Guest 29Dryden29
To which I can say with just as much validity: Here we go ... let's start the Kovalev blame parade.

We have absolutely zero evidence that Kovalev had any negative influence on Perezhogin.

Kovalev and his ego are a negative influence on everyone...

Guest crazyhorse_9000

Some reporter who began all this ***** about "Russian players disliked in Montreal" must feel pretty great about themselves causing all of these issues for the organization, the sport, the province, the country, and the entire world in the case of racism.

If I recall correctly, Perezhogin is still an RFA> What's to keep him from coming back to the team anyway? We don't know if there is a release clause in his contract. And when it runs out, the team still his NHL rights, don't they?

If I recall correctly, Perezhogin is still an RFA> What's to keep him from coming back to the team anyway? We don't know if there is a release clause in his contract. And when it runs out, the team still his NHL rights, don't they?

This is an interesting point. Can anyone clear this up?

The Canadiens still own his rights until he's scheduled to become a UFA, when he turns 27 or 28 (have to look at the CBA). There's nothing keeping Perezhogin from coming back but I doubt he would. But the Canadiens could trade his rights to another team though and that, before he becomes a UFA.

Guest ComeBackStanley

just read the article in the Journal de Montreal ;). They said that it technically does not stop him from playing here but obviously we're not going to offer him that kind of money... i hope he does good in Russia... I do not think its only a money thing though, apparently he had ben thinking of returning there for a while according to the article. Good luck to Perezhogin in whatever he does, NHL or not

Guest Bobineau

People look way too hard and blame way too many people for his departure. You have to realize that his 1.7 mil. in Russia probably won't be taxed which means the equivalent in Montreal would be 3.4 mil a year.

It's all about...MONEY!!! :) ...and maybe Russian supermodels ;)

Guest devils_fury2

Well I'm kind of disappointed by the fact he left to join Russia, because to me he could have definately developed into a decent two way player, kinda like the type of player Marcel Hossa has become since joining the Rangers. Its kind of frusterating, but I just hope that Perezhogin left Montreal on good terms and I'm really hoping he plays well in Russia because with any luck he could be back in a Hab uniform after his contract in Russia is up and hopefully he can light the lamp just the way that Alexander Semin has been able to do this season since he came back to with NHL (From Russia) to the team that he started his NHL career with (The Washington Capitals)

Guest HalifaxHab

Here's a player that was beginning to develop. He had a long road ahead, maybe 3 years from now or never he would develop into what everyone thought he would be. He took waaaayyyyyy too many dumb penalties (not that he's the only one).

I can't say I'm happy to see him leave because of his speed and the few times he's shown what he can do if he feels like playing (must be a russian thing to phone it in). But I'm not that upset to see him go.

His 675K per season can be better spent either giving small raises to our RFA's or calling up a solid young prospect (fill in the blank with whoever you want).

At the end of the day it isn't worth trying to match the money Russia offered. He was too much of an investment that just seemed to be spinning the wheels.

Guest hersky77

Im not really disapointed about this because, Pero is a player that shows up when he wants to. He also took stupid penalties at wrong points in game and he is also not worth the money he is making in russia. I say Good riddance to you Alexandher Perozhogin.

Guest Mrs. Mike Johnson

Im so upset right now, seriously this is the worst news ever! He's such an amazing player I don't think he really got a chance!

LOL.....do you think the fact that he got benched after penalties and was made to sit in the pressbox had anything to do with it ..............especially when you consider Mr Lats ( Golden Boy ) was given a free ride all year

and then he saw Sammy get he pressbox treatment and Kovalev got benched .......

I guess we can expect to see a good crop of UFA's just lining up to come sign with Montreal and play for this dysfunctional team ...NOT !

As sad as it is, I'm more inclined to agree with this analysis. ;)

Lies, all lies...Latendresse took a turn on the press box also and was demoted to the 4th line many times but unlike Perezhogin, he hasn't continously taken bad penalties.

Latendresse sat, what, one game? And the +/- differential between the two players is a whopping 31. As for being demoted to the fourth, I can't recall that. He just wasn't used late in games because he wasn't defensively reliable in the eyes of the coach.

As for Perezhogin 'constantly' taking penalties, it's been blown way out of proportion. Koivu, Ryder and Kovalev all have more PIM than Perezhogin. Those three don't play as physical as Perezhogin was forced to, nor are they sent in behind the net to dig as much.

If there is one thing that I didn't agree with this season was the promotion of Latendresse to the first line when Higgins got injured as Perezhogin was by far outplaying him by that point in the season. Although Perezhogin, Bonk and Johnson were on fire by both shutting down the opposition and they were scoring goals as well if everyone recalls... ;)

All I will say, is good luck Perezhogin. I won't specifically place blame (I won't blame Carbonneau, I won't blame Kovalev, I won't blame Gainey, I won't blame Meehan -- although the last wouldn't bother me as much ;) -- ). It's his choice to go, and a choice he makes which he likely believes will benefit himself in more ways than one, which is fine by me.

However, the one criticism I have in this situation, is that I find it very, VERY difficult -- if impossible -- to believe anyone that thinks Perezhogin received a legitimate shot. Regardless of where we place blame, he was evidently underused, he penalized by the team for things others were not, he was never given a legitimate shot to play at the highest level, and so on. I certainly see how Perezhogin could be upset about this; his life, his passion, and his goal is to play hockey -- and he's making a decision to allow that to happen.

My two cents, take it with a grain of salt if you must.

Guest Lafleurs Guy

I hate losing this kid,

He worked hard and did everything that was asked of him. He was never going to be a star but he had some potential and he had tons of speed.

Put me down in the "blame Carbo" camp for this one.

If there is one thing that I didn't agree with this season was the promotion of Latendresse to the first line when Higgins got injured as Perezhogin was by far outplaying him by that point in the season. Although Perezhogin, Bonk and Johnson were on fire by both shutting down the opposition and they were scoring goals as well if everyone recalls... ;)

I second that. Lats got tossed the ball instead of Perezhogin, who got a symbolic promotion to the first line for the last game of the season.

A little too late.

Archived