The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

42 Alexander Perezhogin

jl-1

Guest cheerio279

ya know, last season when Zednik was out with an injury for the start of the season, Perez came up big filling his shoes. He was huge playing with Saku and Kovy, everyone was so excited but for some reason he couldnt maintain that level of play. This was probably because it was only his rookie year, but we saw the things he can do...and it's pretty impressive stuff. With a year's experience under his belt, let's hope he can consistently give us big goals....like the one last nite :shock: and Kovy playing centre...hahaha, that's great :D

Is Perez the answer to the second lines problems? It certainly worked last night against the Leafs when he was added to the line in the third period. RDS says Kovi played center and would like to continue the experiment. I guess we'll just have to watch and see the next game and see if that line has the same success. If so we could have two good threatening lines and be more of a menace to other teams. I guess Lats will be back on the fourth line. More than likely Pleks will be on the third now.

Guest HabsFanSince84

The man has Talent, he has speed, he does make mistakes at times... but then again who doesnt? Watching that Goal he scored live at the game vs Toronto was a true beauty. It wasnt all game Perez was on the 2nd line, but mostly on the 3rd, and when he was there, the 2nd line was playing with dominance.

Hopefully the chemistry between Sammy, Kovy and Perzy will continue

Guest silversnake

that goal was crazy. i felt bad for the guy because since beginning of season he's been very present on the ice but he kept getting unlucky and hitting post etc, so i'm glad that his first goal was something special , because man, what a move.

I was surprised to see that Perezhogin has a +5 so far this season! Gainey was very patient with him last season, but it looks like he will be worth it! This kid is learning fast and his getting more comfortable in each games.

Here is an excerpt from the MN update on Sunday morning. I wanted to re-post it here, because it pretty much sums up my feelings about this guy:

MN - The Count Down - Update October 29, 2006

"The first two periods, and the good part of the third was embarrassing. One skater out there was working. 1 out of 18…Perezhogin. Good on Perezhogin! Worked like a dog for 8 games, didn’t score but hit the post several times. Got demoted and didn’t even say a word. He just came out and kept playing his BEST hockey, which is more than what can be said for several of our “professional” hockey players. His hard work paid off, got promoted to the second line and the second line clicked. The second line had offensive chances in all its shifts and score on two of them to get us a point. Guess who did all the work in the corners and took the hits and set up the plays…the “most talented player on the team” Kovalev…nope. Samsonov who believes a players ice time and treatment in the locker room is related to his salary? Nope wasn’t him either. Yup its that guy…the one who kept his head down and worked and worked and worked…Perezhogin. Good for Sammy for scoring and what a shot by Souray, but I believe 95% of the Kudos belongs to Perezhogin who got that whole line going.

PS Finally Guy found the formula for the second line) I expect a winning streak in the next 4-5 games now that we’ll be dominant on 5-on-5 play as well."

Guest P.Royfan
Here is an excerpt from the MN update on Sunday morning. I wanted to re-post it here, because it pretty much sums up my feelings about this guy:

MN - The Count Down - Update October 29, 2006

"The first two periods, and the good part of the third was embarrassing. One skater out there was working. 1 out of 18…Perezhogin. Good on Perezhogin! Worked like a dog for 8 games, didn’t score but hit the post several times. Got demoted and didn’t even say a word. He just came out and kept playing his BEST hockey, which is more than what can be said for several of our “professional” hockey players. His hard work paid off, got promoted to the second line and the second line clicked. The second line had offensive chances in all its shifts and score on two of them to get us a point. Guess who did all the work in the corners and took the hits and set up the plays…the “most talented player on the team” Kovalev…nope. Samsonov who believes a players ice time and treatment in the locker room is related to his salary? Nope wasn’t him either. Yup its that guy…the one who kept his head down and worked and worked and worked…Perezhogin. Good for Sammy for scoring and what a shot by Souray, but I believe 95% of the Kudos belongs to Perezhogin who got that whole line going.

PS Finally Guy found the formula for the second line) I expect a winning streak in the next 4-5 games now that we’ll be dominant on 5-on-5 play as well."

Guy might have found a winning formula for the second line but until he finds a formula for the defence there is no way the Habs are winning 4-5 in a row.

Guest Thibodosa

if carbo leaves the lines like this for enugh time for the lines to click,,, like he tried with the old second line,, i hope perezhogin takes advantage casue hes getting the chance he wanted... i hope that it just wasnt a 1 time thing with those guys playing well

I was just looking at the player stats for the team and Perezhogin leads the team with a +5.  Not to shabby.

Seems every time he was on with Kovalev and Samsonov they were up the ice making scoring chances, while the other 3 lines would let the leafs take shots at us, I sure hope this is a sign of what's to come.

Seems every time he was on with Kovalev and Samsonov they were up the ice making scoring chances, while the other 3 lines would let the leafs take shots at us, I sure hope this is a sign of what's to come.

I hope all the lines produce an not just the second line lol, but I agree that I hope the Russian line will have another good game and build upon what they did in the last game. They were all +3 which is pretty good.

The incident is long gone. In retaliation to a slash, he swung his stick, striking an opposing player (on his knees) in the face. He paid his suspension, and the incident is behind him, but not forgotten.

P.S. The forum isn't a seach engine

i know its not a search engine but i couldnt find it on the net and i was trying to figure out if it was perez or not

Guest hogtownhabsfan

It was Perezhogin who dug the puck out of the corner to Samsonov before the sweet pass to Kovalev on the goal. He had a good game, and his play tonight should not be forgotten.

Guest Captain Koivu#11
It was Perezhogin who dug the puck out of the corner to Samsonov before the sweet pass to Kovalev on the goal. He had a good game, and his play tonight should not be forgotten.

I didn't forget it was Perezhogin's battling in the corner for the puck that created the Kovalev goal. The whole line played good tonight.

Guest zachary-jean
Perez really seems to enjoy playing with Kovalev and Samsonov. Although he was playing well before on the third line, he's got chemistry with his fellow Russian speakers. I'd like to see Perezhogin hit the 20-goal plateau this year.

I'd like to see 20 too. If he keeps playing on line 2 it looks possible.

Guest Musketball
Perez really seems to enjoy playing with Kovalev and Samsonov. Although he was playing well before on the third line, he's got chemistry with his fellow Russian speakers. I'd like to see Perezhogin hit the 20-goal plateau this year.

At the start of last year Perez was with kovy and they were great. Then there sadly was the "Great Line Shuffling" that took place and that was that.

Archived