The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

42 Alexander Perezhogin

jl-1

Guest devils_fury2
This discussion has been beaten to death... :rolleyes:

I'm sorry if u meant me when u said that.....I'm just saying though, a guy like Scotty Bowman was a defensive first coach, yet he let his line of Kozlov, Larionov and Federov do their thing when ever an oppertunity came acrossed, and the Yzerman, Shanahan, McCarty (and who ever else was on right wing) line...same with them three....... I'm just saying that if Carbonneau was smarter he would have used that line of Perezhogin, Kovalev and Samsonov all season (instead of just once in a while) and let them play their style of game the whole season, and we would have ended up with three less unhappy players, and the three of them together would have probably produced alot more

I'm sorry if u meant me when u said that.....I'm just saying though, a guy like Scotty Bowman was a defensive first coach, yet he let his line of Kozlov, Larionov and Federov do their thing when ever an oppertunity came acrossed, and the Yzerman, Shanahan, McCarty (and who ever else was on right wing) line...same with them three....... I'm just saying that if Carbonneau was smarter he would have used that line of Perezhogin, Kovalev and Samsonov all season (instead of just once in a while) and let them play their style of game the whole season, and we would have ended up with three less unhappy players, and the three of them together would have probably produced alot more

I wasn't pointing fingers at anyone in particular, I just feel it's redundant to start blaming this and that 6 months later when it's been debated to death already. Proof is in this very thread and in Carbonneau's...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest habfansham
IMO he didn't really get a chance to strut his stuff in Carbo's defensive system. and his time on the first line was rather limited I believe. He did what was expected in a defensive role as far as I'm concerned.

I agree with brian. Seems like Carbo wanted a scapegoat for the fact that the Habs' season was going down the toilet and Perez was one of them. Perez did what was expected of him but the way Carbo dealt with him was definately strange.

Guest habfansham
I'm amazed we're still talking about this guy. He's really our prospect in name only now, in no realistic way.

I guess because some of us feel that the Habs are making a big mistake by giving up on this guy.

I guess because some of us feel that the Habs are making a big mistake by giving up on this guy.

Too late. I didn't want my dog to die but I can't change the past. Time to move on, I agree with Graeme on that one.

Ummm...As I seem to recall it was the salary and NOT the player that MTL gave up on. He got a much more substancial offer from his Russian club (much more than he's worth IMO) to play back home and he took it. And I don't blame him. If I got offered twice what I was making to come back home and work I'd take it to.

The truth may very well be that Perezhogin simply was not a good fit for MTL at this point in time. For us to be making this big of a deal over a guy who's produced 30+ points over the span of 2 seasons seems ridiculous.

I also find it rather interesting that those of you who are claiming that Perezhogin was Carbo's scapegoat last season for Carbo's lack of success; are in turn using Carbo as Perezhogins scapegoat for HIS lack of success as a player at the NHL level. Rather ironic IMO ;)

Guest habfansham
Ummm...As I seem to recall it was the salary and NOT the player that MTL gave up on. He got a much more substancial offer from his Russian club (much more than he's worth IMO) to play back home and he took it. And I don't blame him. If I got offered twice what I was making to come back home and work I'd take it to.

The truth may very well be that Perezhogin simply was not a good fit for MTL at this point in time. For us to be making this big of a deal over a guy who's produced 30+ points over the span of 2 seasons seems ridiculous.

I also find it rather interesting that those of you who are claiming that Perezhogin was Carbo's scapegoat last season for Carbo's lack of success; are in turn using Carbo as Perezhogins scapegoat for HIS lack of success as a player at the NHL level. Rather ironic IMO ;)

How can you talk about Perez's success if Carbo banished him to the press box most of the season? I guess some people will never learn. Rather ironic IMO ;)

Guest habfansham
Too late. I didn't want my dog to die but I can't change the past. Time to move on, I agree with Graeme on that one.

Perez is still "in the system" as far as the boards is concerned so I don't see anything wrong in discussing it.

Perez is still "in the system" as far as the boards is concerned so I don't see anything wrong in discussing it.

Nothing wrong in discussing it but the finger pointing should be done and over with. It's old stories which have been discussed in length last season. New, refreshing stories are more than welcome.

Nothing wrong with it, I'm just surprised to see this topic still being discussed when really Perezhogin is gone and never coming back (although technically still in the system)

How can you talk about Perez's success if Carbo banished him to the press box most of the season? I guess some people will never learn. Rather ironic IMO ;)

Most of the season? I seem to recall him playing 61 games last season. In fact if you look at his career stats he has 128 games of NHL experience...How much more of a shot does he need? 34-points in 128 games does not a career Hab make...A bit of a bust for a 1st rounder if you ask me.

Most of the season? I seem to recall him playing 61 games last season. In fact if you look at his career stats he has 128 games of NHL experience...How much more of a shot does he need? 34-points in 128 games does not a career Hab make...A bit of a bust for a 1st rounder if you ask me.

Everytime he was put on one of the two scoring lines he either got a point or played a huge part in the teams offence. The rest of the time, which was most of the games he played, was the 3rd line where defence comes first and he led the team in the plus/minus category for most of the season.

If he had always played on one of the scoring line where he belonged, then his point total would be a lot higher than what it was.

I just feel that it should have been Perezhogin that should have had that first line shot when Higgins was injured rather then Latendresse.

i couldn't agree more.

he was leading the team in plus/minus for most of the season...and he was still benched...

i miss him too.

Guest Habs_101

Perezhogin - Plekanec - Kostitsyn.............. ANYONE?!?!

Higgy - Koivu - Kovalev

Perezhogin - Plekanec -Kostitsyn

Latendresse - Smolinski - Ryder

Lapierre - Chipchura - Kostopolous

As alot of you pointed out, Perezhogin has been very comfortable in offensive situations, wish i could have seen this!!!

PRETTY offensive lines, looks dangerous... what might have been.... oh well, oh well....

Guest habfansham

*Yawn*

I miss Perezhogin....

Me too.

Everytime he was put on one of the two scoring lines he either got a point or played a huge part in the teams offence. The rest of the time, which was most of the games he played, was the 3rd line where defence comes first and he led the team in the plus/minus category for most of the season.

If he had always played on one of the scoring line where he belonged, then his point total would be a lot higher than what it was.

Obviously some will never understand that.

NEWSBREAK..... It is very, very unlikely that Perezhogin will ever be playing another game for the Montreal Canadiens...

:D

First long losing streak this season and Carbo may not coach another game for the Montreal Canadiens..., LOL.

*Yawn*

The fact that you're pretending to yawn rather than respond with a well articulated counter-argument only shows me that you in truth have no counter argument...It only validates my points and proves me right if by nothing else, by default. So thank you for validating my statement ;)

Honestly, if that's all you were going to post, then why did you even bother?

Archived