The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

42 Alexander Perezhogin

jl-1

Sammy is faster if we go by stickhandling/speed ratio.. but on simply speed I think Perez is the fastest.

That's what I think too. However if Perez keeps on coming with better puck control combined with his actual speed as he's trying right now, he could be another Maxim Afinogenov. And that day will come soon...

Anyway, what a shot! That's gotta take a good lot of concentration to take a small accurate backhand shot like that and yet fool the goalie; it was almost as Hedberg didn't move.

That's what I think too. However if Perez keeps on coming with better puck control combined with his actual speed as he's trying right now, he could be another Maxim Afinogenov. And that day will come soon...

Anyway, what a shot! That's gotta take a good lot of concentration to take a small accurate backhand shot like that and yet fool the goalie; it was almost as Hedberg didn't move.

I don't know about him being like Afinogenov, but damn he's improving !! Only two goals this year, but both were pure skills, his first is probably the nicest scored by a hab player this year, when I see him play like he's playing since the first regular game I can't stop thinking about thoses so called experts saying he wasnt playing good enough in training camp to deserve a roster spot... :dont:

While everyone talk about Johnson and Bonk great play (and they do play great), everyone else noticed the 3rd line little slump (sorta) when Perezhogin went to the 2nd line ? :D

Right now, Perezhogin reminds me of Ales Hemsky, but if he keeps up his development, he could turn into Maxim Afinogenov. :D

I love this kid's hustle. I don't know what he did or who trained him in the offseason, but he's flying around the ice now and very strong on the puck. His only blemish is that he tends to take hooking penalties, which are unnecessary for him because he's definitely got the speed to keep up with anyone without putting stick on body.

He usually gets them at the end of shift, where he has already spent all his energy flying around the zone.

Perez is and always has been a good player, last year he was on quite a role with Koivu and Kovalev, then he was sent to the dungeon and given very minimal icetime the rest of the year.

And to think they amost sent him back to Hamilton after the pre-season, he has been clutch for us.

He usually gets them at the end of shift, where he has already spent all his energy flying around the zone.

Perez is and always has been a good player, last year he was on quite a role with Koivu and Kovalev, then he was sent to the dungeon and given very minimal icetime the rest of the year.

And to think they amost sent him back to Hamilton after the pre-season, he has been clutch for us.

Perez has found his niche... he impresses me more and more in his role on the third line. It's amazing what playing with two smart hard working players can do for a youngster... :five: for Perez and his mates.

Guest Hamel-Habsfan
Do you think Kovalev could do the same playing with Bonk and Johnson?

that would be interesting but i find that perez brings more speed to the third line...and that is why he causes such a disaster for the other teams defense.

that would be interesting but i find that perez brings more speed to the third line...and that is why he causes such a disaster for the other teams defense.

I agree, I don't think Kovalev would be a good fit on that line, I think he'd be OK, but I think Perezhogin is perfect - even Samsonov, because of his speed would be better suited then Kovalev.

I agree, I don't think Kovalev would be a good fit on that line, I think he'd be OK, but I think Perezhogin is perfect - even Samsonov, because of his speed would be better suited then Kovalev.
Are you saying Kovalev isn't a better all around player than Perezhogin? OK vs. perfect? Even Samsonov would be better?

Just a little shout-out to Alex here. He's sitting tied for fifth in the NHL in plus minus! Way to go! :five:

He's like a whole different player from last year, what a difference a year can make in confidence and strength. I noticed it nearly from game 1 this year, he looks like a man out there, strong and calm and effective.

This guy is really a gem starting to shine...

I was just looking at the stats on  

http://www.nhl.com/nhlstats/app

and he is + 11 :shock:  

I understand many of you don't put much into + - ; but I like to look at it in comparison to the other players on the team .

He, Bonk, Johnson, and Komisareck are doing well in the + - category

Excellent thing to do my man... excellent! Hmmm... how's Kovy doing btw. Nevermind... back to Perez... I think he's having loads of fun playing with Bonk and Johnson because he has the opportunity to free wheel and use his speed without worrying about whether his line mates are going to disappear... :golf:

Hmmm... how's Kovy doing btw. Nevermind... back to Perez...

lol.......Keep on topic :D

This thread is about Perezhogin.

I'm trying to actually contribute something positive to the board for a change

And Markov's doing quite well for himself. If it weren't for those 2 friggin Leafs he 'd be right up there with the big boys

lol.......Keep on topic  :D  

This thread is about Perezhogin.  

I'm trying to actually contribute something positive to the board for a change  

And Markov's doing quite well for himself. If it weren't for those 2 friggin Leafs he 'd be right up there with the big boys

You just said this board is about who?

Souray and Markov in the top what... six I think... pretty darn important that Perez is helping them out... right?

Guest habs_fan1160

You know what was funny? His goal the other night against Atlanta where he came out of no where stole the puck and scored it was kind of like he was saying "The heck with you guys, I'll do it myself" lol.

Archived