The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Sheldon Souray

jl-1

He said it in a much less diplomatic and more destructive way. If you read the entire post (which I'm sure you did if you knew it was there), you'd notice that he DID go on the offensive towards certain people, which is what we don't need. It's the kind of attitude that prolongs the ongoing bickering and nonsense we see in this thread; going on the offensive is not the way to make a point or solve a problem! It only works to further the problem!

Hopefully that clears it up for you. His post was removed with no offense to you or to him, but simply because of it's destructive nature. If it doesn't, feel free to private message me; I actually suggest doing this for other future complaints as well, instead of trying to show up myself or any other moderator on this forum.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He simply asked that maybe a mod can close this thread because of childish behaviour,he never bashed any poster here about it.

This thread does not need to be closed, as Souray is as much of a topic as Selanne or any other player around the league. What does need to happen from a Moderator's point is for people to cool down and stop trolling.

Guest Miltie01

The thing that sticks in my head about Sheldon has absolutely nothing to do with hockey.

I saw or read a storey about him, can't remember which, and they had some statements from people involved in charity work in Montreal.

Two seperate people from different organisations said Sheldon would quite often show up out of the blue and say "How can I help"

When asked who called the Habs to see if he would come he would say no one !!! He would say he saw something in the paper about the organization or event and thought he could help a good cause !!!!

That is the type of guy he is......and I am very proud and honoured that that type of person played on my team !!!

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid=33843...mp;service=page

Souray, who signed a five-year US$27-million deal, missed the first few days of camp with a sore back only to make his presence felt last week by scoring on a blue-line blast on his first shift against the Vancouver Canucks.

"Shelly's just a really simple player with a real heavy, heavy shot," said Greene. "He's strong defensively, he's got a good stick, moves the puck well and makes those simple plays that I think a good, strong defenceman does."

Souray is coming off a career year in Montreal with 26 goals (19 of them on the power play) and 38 assists. He was also minus-28 and is working on his defensive game and has been paired with stay-at-home rearguard Greene.

But assistant coach Charlie Huddy, who handles the defence, said some numbers can lie.

"I know everybody looks at the knock with Souray and Pitkanen and their high plus-minuses, but that all stems from a number of different things as an organization or team play maybe, but it's a fresh start for those guys."

Guest SHELDON SOURAY 44
JOE,aka SS 44 said the exact same thing over and over about the negative garbage posters here had to say about sheldon,and his post gets removed?

He simply asked that maybe a mod can close this thread because of childish behaviour,he never bashed any poster here about it.

Can a mod explain this to me,because i honestly think that he isn't the problem here,many others are!

No need to stick up for me dave or try to change things for me,i don't take back anything in what i said the entire time about the ongoing hatred towards sheldon and i guess what i've said is too harsh around here.

Its time i walk away from this place before it gets personal.

To those of you who i enjoyed the countless pm's and msn conversations,i thank you all for the great times.

CANADIANMIKE,you have been the biggest friend i made here,i thank you for that,Anytime you want to chat,you know how to get ahold of me,Keep looking in your mail box from time to time,you can expect some signed SOURAY oiler stuff!

2007/2008 nhl season marks 36 years as a DIE HARD HAB FAN.

Guest CanadianMike

SS44 where are you going? I need you here man! Souray fans have to stick together. I know the negative talk about Shelly can get us down sometimes, especially you because you know him the most . Shelly is a wonderful person besides being the great player, we have to let the world know B) ....don't go! :(

Guess who scored the game winner for the Oilers last night? yeah I know only preseason, but GO SOURAY GO!! :P

Guest Un_Lavalois

I like Souray until he bashes the organisation (everybody who leaves does , except Theo)

That hit he delivered looked good and his shot is STILL sharp, I expect 15-20 goals from him

I like Souray until he bashes the organisation (everybody who leaves does , except Theo)

That hit he delivered looked good and his shot is STILL sharp, I expect 15-20 goals from him

He didn't bash anyone. He explained his decision.

Guest ALBERTAhabsfan
No need to stick up for me dave or try to change things for me,i don't take back anything in what i said the entire time about the ongoing hatred towards sheldon and i guess what i've said is too harsh around here.

Its time i walk away from this place before it gets personal.

To those of you who i enjoyed the countless pm's and msn conversations,i thank you all for the great times.

CANADIANMIKE,you have been the biggest friend i made here,i thank you for that,Anytime you want to chat,you know how to get ahold of me,Keep looking in your mail box from time to time,you can expect some signed SOURAY oiler stuff!

2007/2008 nhl season marks 36 years as a DIE HARD HAB FAN.

I'm a little shocked over this,please don't leave on account of "some" people here,like canadianmike said,we need you here.

The thing that sticks in my head about Sheldon has absolutely nothing to do with hockey.

I saw or read a storey about him, can't remember which, and they had some statements from people involved in charity work in Montreal.

Two seperate people from different organisations said Sheldon would quite often show up out of the blue and say "How can I help"

When asked who called the Habs to see if he would come he would say no one !!! He would say he saw something in the paper about the organization or event and thought he could help a good cause !!!!

That is the type of guy he is......and I am very proud and honoured that that type of person played on my team !!!

That's a good story. Souray definitely seemed like a good person. I wouldn't really factor that into how badly I'd want him on my team, but nice to know.

That's what I'm expecting. I don't think he'll repeat last season, but he should still be good for 15-20 goals

Guest 1970 Habs

There are many that of us that get worked up at times (myself included). I do not know the details surrounding the actions of SHELDON SOURAY 44. However, I do think it is terrible how a Forum member since 2005 was dealt with in a public way on the Forum. As a fairly new Forum member I sadly found it embarassing, demeaning and belittling.

Guest ALBERTAhabsfan
There are many that of us that get worked up at times (myself included). I do not know the details surrounding the actions of SHELDON SOURAY 44. However, I do think it is terrible how a Forum member since 2005 was dealt with in a public way on the Forum. As a fairly new Forum member I sadly found it embarassing, demeaning and belittling.

Well,i'll say this,

He [sS 44] is very close to sheldon,alot of you trashed him for it because you thought he was full of lies,he gets alot of stuff signed by sheldon to help out other people,he's done stuff for me and countless others here at this board who have appreciated the offerings and nobody has ever asked him to do it.

I agree with what you said 1970,sometimes it hits a person personally,i hope this wasn't the case as he was a true

hab fan!

But as for SHELDON,we should all thank him for what he did for this team and put the negatives behind us-is that too much to ask?

I know that there are some friends and relatives of several current and former players on this forum and it is that much harder for them to deal with the personal comments made on that player than it would be on a player they don't know or are not related to.

Having said that, players come and players go, and members come and members go. We simply need to learn not to take anything too personal even when it hurts a bit more. We as moderators are trying our best to keep things clean and within the rules. There is no doubt that once a player leaves our team, he falls under a totally different set of rules than when he was "protected" by the Habs' player bashing rules, but that's part of the game.

So now that the clarifications are made, can we get back on topic?

I'll start...

Go Shelly! Can't wait to watch you play in Vancouver in February! :)

Go Shelly! Can't wait to watch you play in Vancouver in February! :)

*jealous*

I would love to see Shelly play with the Oilers in Vancouver.

Never been to Vancouver, but I hear it's absolutely beautiful. :)

I also don't get the Souray bashing. He was a great addition to the team and will be missed.

It's too bad some fans don't see that and try to find ways and excuses to prove that we're better off without him.

Guest spankydriscoll

OH NOES !

We lost Souray ! Our power play is going to be abysmal !

WHATEVER SHALL WE DOOOO !?!?!?!?!

oh wait, all of our 3 goals tonight came on the power play. loved the guy but he wasn't the be-all and end-all of the power play, folks !

OH NOES !

We lost Souray ! Our power play is going to be abysmal !

WHATEVER SHALL WE DOOOO !?!?!?!?!

oh wait, all of our 3 goals tonight came on the power play. loved the guy but he wasn't the be-all and end-all of the power play, folks !

Never too high, never too low. It's one game folks, let's not jump to conclusions... yet. Just like it isn't fair to brag when our PP has a good night, it won't be fair to put them down after an 0 for 7 effort. ;)

Shelly played his first game tonight for the Oilers, who won the game 3-2 in a shootout. He played an astounding 26:52 minutes and finished the night with one assist and four shots on goal. To put that into perspective, our icetime leader against the Canes was Mike Komisarek who logged 21:36 minutes! :blink:

Shelly played his first game tonight for the Oilers, who won the game 3-2 in a shootout. He played an astounding 26:52 minutes and finished the night with one assist and four shots on goal. To put that into perspective, our icetime leader against the Canes was Mike Komisarek who logged 21:36 minutes! :blink:

Souray also took a holding penalty at 19:18 which allowed the Sharks to tie the game on the PP at 19:49...

it was on Thornton so it may have been a good penalty, haven't seen any highlights yet...

Archived