The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Sheldon Souray

jl-1

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Souray also took a holding penalty at 19:18 which allowed the Sharks to tie the game on the PP at 19:49...

it was on Thornton so it may have been a good penalty, haven't seen any highlights yet...

He also got lost in coverage on the first Sharks goal.

Overall, he played well though.

Guest CanadianMike
I thought he played well too.

Now I'll be tired at work, I should never stay up to watch the late games !!!!

HAHA me too.

The penalty call was a bad one (and not because it was Shelly that was sent to the box). He played great like I mentioned in the Oilers topic. Keep it up Shelly YOU ROCK!! He was always on the ice :P so it seemed.

Guest habs_fan1160

He had a good start with the Oilers last night. He's definately their new superstar player, or so they're making it look early in the season.

The penalty was a bone-head one, resulting in the tying goal. Good thing the Oilers pulled off the win in the OT or he wouldn't have been very well liked lol.

He had a good start with the Oilers last night. He's definately their new superstar player, or so they're making it look early in the season.

The penalty was a bone-head one, resulting in the tying goal. Good thing the Oilers pulled off the win in the OT or he wouldn't have been very well liked lol.

Yeah but he wasn't good enough to play for us. Of course, The Oilers aren't nearly as dominant as the Canadiens. :rolleyes:

Bob Bob Bob has a plan...

Guest CanadianMike

Can't wait to watch the Oilers game tonight. Shelly had another great game (his 2nd with the Oilers) He was 2nd star!

GO SOURAY!! GO OILERS 3 in a row please!!

Guest KOIVU#11
I wonder if Souray will be able to handle a season like that... That's alot of pressure and i'm not sure he can play like Chara/Pronger and last long enough to not suffer from burn out or injury...

I'm sure he can physically handle it, however his magnitude of mistakes is just going to go up thats all.

Guest ChriS_HigGinS#1

Souray scored his first goal as an Oiler tonight.

No details on what kind of goal, just saw it in the boxscores.

Congrats Sheldon and I hope you enjoy many more. :D

Guest hatethoseleafs
Souray scored his first goal as an Oiler tonight.

No details on what kind of goal, just saw it in the boxscores.

Congrats Sheldon and I hope you enjoy many more. :D

Looks like it was a late 1st period goal and surprisingly not on the powerplay.

so the Habs PP isn't top-ranked anymore:

Rank PP Opp PPG PP% SHGA

10. Montreal 24 5 20.8 0

I would have felt not signing Sheldon was a mistake, except I kept looking down, and down, and down until I reached this line:

30. Edmonton 25 1 4.0 1

and that is worse than last season -- well of course it is, how could anything be worse than the current numbers...

yep, Sheldon makes all the difference on the power play

Guest habs_fan1160

I wouldn't say that Souray made ALL the difference, but he certainly helped. He had a great season with us last year. We can't take that away from him.

The Oilers team has been playing horribly, they look scattered, unprepared and just young out there. Of course, there isn't too much Souray can do on his own. He needs the rest of them playing too.

so the Habs PP isn't top-ranked anymore:

On the " right " team he would make a difference .

You don't think with him on the point for the Montreal PP, and that BIG slapshot , maybe there would be one or two more goals ...like in the OT game against Toronto

Anyone, he's out with a separated shoulder , so all Souray Bashers can gloat now

TSN.ca Staff

10/17/2007 3:20:35 PM

Edmonton Oilers' defenceman Sheldon Souray is out indefinitely after suffering a separated shoulder.

Souray, who has a history of shoulder issues, aggravated an existing injury during a fight with Byron Ritchie of the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday night.

Souray, who signed a five-year contract with the Oilers in the offseason, has scored one goal and added one assist for two points in six games. He is -3 with nine minutes in penalties this season.

Last season, the Elk Point, Alberta native scored 26 goals and added 38 assists for 64 points as a member of the Montreal Canadiens' blueline

Guest habs_fan1160

I hope he's back by Oct. 25, however, that might be unlikely.

I've been looking forward to see him play in Edmonton - I called it though. I said he'd get hurt before the game I'm going to and I won't be able to see him lol. Now if Mikko gets hurt it's going to be one bust of a trip.

Archived