The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Aaron Downey

jl-1

a friend was watching the score ticker and has said that there was a heading indicating that downey is going to retire.  Can anyone confirm or deny this please.

He's definately not retiring. The Montreal Canadien's site wrote an article about how eager he is to start playing again... Here's the link:

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/redirect...newsItemID=5278

Thats not fair. After the game, Regehr was the first person to call and see if Downey was ok, and a bunch of Flames players did the same.

That I didn't know :D Glad they did that.

Guest Thibodosa
That I didn't know :D Glad they did that.

yeh that is a nice thing for them to do.. in the post game interview it didnt look like regher really cared what happened

Guest 60islove

he's fine.

he said it himself countless times.

and if you want reassurance, just ask him after a morning skate. he's driving, he's started skating again. VIVE DOWNEY :D

i hope he stays in MTL

he's a good guy, and he adds flavor to the locker room.

super sweet chem.

Guest devils_fury2
Anyone know when aaron is set to Return?

I noticed he played tonight...played about 5 minuites or so...hopefully they increase his playing time a bit as time goes on

Guest Captain Koivu#11

Yeah I notice Downey was on the ice for a bit in the third. I was pretty relieved that he's ok and now starting to play, but I think it will be a while for him to get back to his old self again.

Theres an article in the canadiens magazine on Edge the wrestler. It's a pretty interesting read. Did anybody know that he and Downey played hockey together as kids.

Guest CanadianMike
Theres an article in the canadiens magazine on Edge the wrestler. It's a pretty interesting read. Did anybody know that he and Downey played hockey together as kids.

yes he told me when I met him during training camp...I think I posted it in the wrestling topic way back when.

Anyways...I really like your Johnson sig. :D

Back to Downey...glad he is OK and in the lineup.

Guest 60islove

yeah its pretty cool about edge.

Guest ChriS_HigGinS#1

I would like to see Downey fight more. He was such an amazing fighter before the lockout and I kind of miss that. His fighting and physical play are the reasons he's in the NHL and I would like to see him knock someone on their behind.

Guest stevesaku

downey is a great guy.after the game vs new jersey i went to the parking lot waiting for the players to come out.most of the players came out in there fancy cars but downey came out himself to meet and greet the fans who were waiting.when he came to sign my jersey i asked him why he wasnt in a car he responded ''i gotta do something i really didnt play much''. then he walked off somewhere all dressed up.im curious to know where he went

Guest CanadianMike
Hes gotta start fighting or get Maxim Lapierre up on line 4 to atleast give Pleks someone creative offensively with him.

who do you want him to fight?....himself? Unless someone is ready to fight this beast, Downey has no choice but to just wait (reason to fight).

Guest habs_fan1160

I love this guy, Downey is great. He reminds me a lot of Langdon, and he was one of my favourite.

Although Downey doesn't produce high numbers he's out there punishing guys who are punishing our little guys like Koivu.

Lot's of strength in this guy, glad to see his noggin is better.

Guest Captain Koivu#11
I would like to see Downey fight more. He was such an amazing fighter before the lockout and I kind of miss that. His fighting and physical play are the reasons he's in the NHL and I would like to see him knock someone on their behind.

He's BAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!

Archived