The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

51 Francis Bouillon 06-07

jl-1

Well other people are sick of seeing Kovalev only in every 3rd game and beeing invisible for most of the time or doing one deke after another that's leads to nothing....

Streit is fine, but you certainly can't compare what Kovalev brings to this team, and what Streit does, Streit started the season as our number 8 defenseman, and has probably moved up to number 7... Kovalev may take games off, but he led the team in scoring last season... now I'm not saying Kovalev is the most important player on the team, I don't think many will argue that Saku is, but Kovalev provides something we haven't had in Montreal for years, and that's secondary scoring, last year if you figure his numbers over a full season he'd have been close to 80 points, there's nothing wrong with that.

So you must understand, Streit is doing his job, he's filling in while we have injuries, and he's doing a fine job... with THAT being said, I can't figure out why you'd even bring Kovalev up in this discussion... I, too, can't wait to get Bouillon back, he brings so much to this team, much more then Streit and Niinimaa are bringing.

Guest Handlanger
Streit is fine, but you certainly can't compare what Kovalev brings to this team, and what Streit does, Streit started the season as our number 8 defenseman, and has probably moved up to number 7... Kovalev may take games off, but he led the team in scoring last season... now I'm not saying Kovalev is the most important player on the team, I don't think many will argue that Saku is, but Kovalev provides something we haven't had in Montreal for years, and that's secondary scoring, last year if you figure his numbers over a full season he'd have been close to 80 points, there's nothing wrong with that.

So you must understand, Streit is doing his job, he's filling in while we have injuries, and he's doing a fine job... with THAT being said, I can't figure out why you'd even bring Kovalev up in this discussion... I, too, can't wait to get Bouillon back, he brings so much to this team, much more then Streit and Niinimaa are bringing.

I was not even trying to compare them, I just adore people who work hard more than people who are genius', but only rarely really show their potential.

Moreover, as I said in the Streit thread, he will have a "sit and play" season this year. It's totally clear to me that he will not have a consistant spot in the lineup this year. I do not have illusions on that.

But I am sure that next year he will have his place in the top 5, even if it's just because we cannot keep all 4 UFA D's...

Back to Bouillon: Any news how Cube is doing?!?

I was not even trying to compare them, I just adore people who work hard more than people who are genius', but only rarely really show their potential.  

I agree, it's nice to see guys who bring it every night, and I respect that, I do respect Streit, and I want to see him succeed, from what I've seen of him, he seems like a great guy... With that being said, it's about what's best for the team, Garth Murray brings it every night, should Kovalev sit and Murray play on the 2nd line?

Guest Handlanger
I agree, it's nice to see guys who bring it every night, and I respect that, I do respect Streit, and I want to see him succeed, from what I've seen of him, he seems like a great guy... With that being said, it's about what's best for the team, Garth Murray brings it every night, should Kovalev sit and Murray play on the 2nd line?

No he shouldn't, but the only reason he shouldn't is cause I don't think Murray brings it. I agree with you that he has heart, I agree that he's working hard, and that impresses me a lot. But his work is never producing anything, while Streit's is (4 point and +1 in 10 games - not that bad if you ask me).

Anyway Roy, let's keep that in the other threads, this one is Cube's. How he is doing??? Sometimes I hear he's skating, then he's gonna bit out the hold year?!? What is it now? Does anybody have news?

Guest HabSteve

Good news concerning bouillon

RDS says he might join the team during this 4 games road trip to take part to the team practices. (man I hope my english is ok that sentence sounds bad in my head). Bouillon got a cortisone shot this week wich helped him skate without any pain, if he doesnt feel pain again he might take practice with the team pretty soon (the fact that bouillon was still feeling some pain was the thing that had people think that he may have to get surgery again so that's great news). Side note: Dandenault may be back for the game against the panthers and Maxim Lapierre may get called up soon.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/216990.html

I like Boullion but is he going to drastically improve the team ?

Well, we're missing speed back there and him and Dandenault bring that, but most importantly, we're not getting much from our 5-6 guys right now, infact they've both been somewhat of a liability, so you're asking will he drastically improve the team? Yes he will.

....... so you're asking will he drastically improve the team? Yes he will.

The Team has trouble scoring goals ( same as last year ) and staying out of the penalty box , not sure how Boullion's going to stop that .

The Team always starts off slow in 1st period -

This is a Team sport and I don't think one player, and especially a 5th or 6 th D men is going improve things that much

The Team has trouble scoring goals ( same as last year ) and staying out of the penalty box , not sure how Boullion's going to stop that .

The Team always starts off slow in 1st period -

This is a Team sport and I don't think one player, and especially a 5th or 6 th D men is going improve things that much

Guy, the team is scoring over 3 goals a game, they aren't in desperate need of scoring...

And ACTUALLY, having Bouillon and Dandenault back will help us in terms of, having speed on the back end which helps avoid penalties, so yes, having Bouillon back WILL help.

No offence , but it's pretty sad if we 're waiting for Bouillion and Dandenault to come back and help this team. That doesn't say much for the depth of the D Montreal currently has .

Sorry to use the Leafs as an example but they are missing Kubina, arguably 3rd on their depth chart behind Mcabe and Kaberle

They are playing Wade Belak, Ian White and Brendan Bell on D and as of today are doing quite fine

White and Bell played in the minors last year

EVERONE on Montreal's current D played in the NHL - are the 6 and 7 th D men that inept ?

It goes deeper IMO. This Team , same as last year, is lacking something.

Motivation for getting up for games ?

System of Play ?

Something , I don't know what , but they lack energy

No offence , but it's pretty sad if we 're waiting for Bouillion and Dandenault to come back and help this team. That doesn't say much for the depth of the D Montreal currently has .

Sorry to use the Leafs as an example but they are missing Kubina, arguably 3rd on their depth chart behind Mcabe and Kaberle  

They are playing Wade Belak, Ian White and Brendan Bell on D and as of today are doing quite fine

White and Bell played in the minors last year

EVERONE on Montreal's current D played in the NHL - are the 6 and 7 th D men  that inept ?

It goes deeper IMO. This Team , same as last year, is lacking  something.  

Motivation for getting up for games ?

System of Play ?

Something , I don't know what , but they lack energy

lol, Regis, you bring up the Leafs, and I understand that you're clearly partial to them, but we've also been without 2 of our top 6 dmen and we're 8-4-3... You're post make it sound like we're 3-9-3...

Did I say they were inept? I said we're a better team with Bouillon in then out, and right now we still have a very good record, I don't understand why you're so worked up... We're in the top half of the league for goals pergame, and in the top 10 for goal allowed pergame...

We played horrible last night and yes, that sucks, but that doesn't change the fact the season has been good... So you can say what you want, the Toronto media has probably got to you, but this team HAS played well..

lol, Regis, you bring up the Leafs, and I understand that you're clearly partial to them, but we've also been without 2 of our top 6 dmen and we're 8-4-3... You're post make it sound like we're 3-9-3...

Did I say they were inept? I said we're a better team with Bouillon in then out, and right now we still have a very good record, I don't understand why you're so worked up... We're in the top half of the league for goals pergame, and in the top 10 for goal allowed pergame...

We played horrible last night and yes, that sucks, but that doesn't change the fact the season has been good... So you can say what you want, the Toronto media has probably got to you, but this team HAS played well..

INFACT our winning % is just slightly behind the Leafs, so please don't act like they're 12-0-0 and we're 0-12-0

I'm not partial to the Leafs I unfortunatley get to see them on TV every week . Just more impressed with how they play the game then the way Montreal does.

I'm  not partial to the Leafs I unfortunatley get to see them on TV every week . Just more impressed with how they play the game then the way Montreal does.

There's no doubt the Leafs are on a hot streak right now, but it's a season of ups and downs, in 2 weeks maybe we'll look like a contender and they'll be playing horrible, I mean looking at their roster, with all due respect, they're playing WAY over their head right now.

Remember how up and down they looked before this hot streak?

The best thing about Bouillon pending return will be the pending removal of niinimma from the lineup.

Totally agree. As for the ones saying that Bouillon won't help improve this team taht much, i completley disagreee. I personally think he is one of our most underrated players (Komi as well). He brings us much needed speed on the backend and is a quality puck moving dman, which will drastically help from what Niinima has been doing. I know he is smaller but I believe he was one of our leaders in hits last year.

Archived