The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

57 Garth Murray 06-07

jl-1

Guest scottyantaya

murray, the pride of saskatchewan. he is a grinder, he works his butt off every shift. his job is to hit, grind and sometimes fight. this is why the guy takes penalties, it should not surprise you. does it surprise you when downey fights?

you whined when we had no muscle on the team, now you are whining when we finally do.

Guest thunder1711

I thought he played really well against Buffalo and he got his most ice time this year. He was really skating well and I think this is a good sign he's turning it around. *Crosses Fingers*

Guest habs_fan1160

I don't think Murray was ever outstanding by any means, I can't see him becoming one of the top guys on our team, and I don't expect it from him. Maybe that's why I usually don't get mad when he plays a bad game, I've just kindof gotten used to it.

Guest natey2k4
I don't think Murray was ever outstanding by any means, I can't see him becoming one of the top guys on our team, and I don't expect it from him. Maybe that's why I usually don't get mad when he plays a bad game, I've just kindof gotten used to it.

To be fair, he played solid last night. Not outstanding, but nothing bad either.

Guest raydourque
Played good yesterday

but i remember him being a bigger Begin last year, and he really stepped up in the playoffs last year while Begin was gone, id like that guy back

good game VS Buffalo tho

Begin is barely playing like Begin these days. I hope both begin and Murray start getting their chances and also hitting the scoresheet as well.

Guest Miltie01

Garth played well but I believe the 4th line is going to be a rotating thing. Maybe that is good because all of them will have to perform as there is someone waiting to take their spot !!!!

I wathced most of last game, and looked like the old Murray.  Thats a good sign, and I really think Begin needs to play at wing.  Then place Lapierre or someone between them and I think the fourth line could be a good defensive/enegery line.
I'd love to see Lapierre given a shot between Begin and Murray or whoever... but when Higgins is back I think you'll see Pleks in that spot.

Guest habinto
Murray will bust out soon!

I noticed that he played well last game. He will never be a star but I liked what he did last year - He can definitely be an asset to the team. Looks like Murray may need to play to be succesful. Every team needs a good 4th liner line him.

Guest Handlanger
funny to see him fight - and not go down.

He had a good game last night, good to see.

He's not even trade bait.... can't believe he was such a high draft once...

Guest habs_fan1160

Yeah in most cases he has been a pretty big dissapointment, however, he's still a part of the team and is wearing the CH with pride.

He shows some effort out there and defintiley took Downey's spot last night with his little brawl.

Last night I didn't find myself too dissapointed with him. He does have potential though, I just wish he'd utalize it.

You must realize though that we received him in return for Marcel Hossa. Definitely didn't sell the farm to get him here, so even though he isn't lighting it up or anything, he doesn't really have to, as the shoes he had to fill were pretty small. :D

Yeah, I'm sure we all expect a little more out of him, and it would be great to see. But, he's only being paid .575 million, and that's about as cheap as they come nowadays anyways.

Guest natey2k4
You must realize though that we received him in return for Marcel Hossa. Definitely didn't sell the farm to get him here, so even though he isn't lighting it up or anything, he doesn't really have to, as the shoes he had to fill were pretty small. :D

Yeah, I'm sure we all expect a little more out of him, and it would be great to see. But, he's only being paid .575 million, and that's about as cheap as they come nowadays anyways.

Hossa has turned into quite a good defensive forward. He's transitioning this year and has looked impressive. He's not the best defensive forward out there, but he's getting better and better each game.

Guest habs_fan1160
Hossa has turned into quite a good defensive forward. He's transitioning this year and has looked impressive. He's not the best defensive forward out there, but he's getting better and better each game.

Agreed, he's a player I wish we would have kept. He's consistant and solid for most of the season.

And he has been improving game by game. I would have rather had Hossa on the team over Murray - but what's done is done.

Guest raydourque

I wouldn't have kepy Hossa, getting Garth was awesome! He puts in 110 percent per game, which ,with his talent might not be much but I'd rather have a bunch of good canadian kids on my team putting in that kind of effort anyday.

Archived