The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mike Ribeiro

jl-1

Guest Miltie01

The guy is just taking a shot or he really just doesn't get that it was his off ice crap and his attitude that got him a ticket to Dallas.

Guest FunkyOne
dallas is out first round. no team with lindros and ribeiro will ever win the stanley cup

Wow! Personally I'd rather reach the playoffs than not. ;)

Guest habsfan#08
dallas is out first round. no team with lindros and ribeiro will ever win the stanley cup

but a team with Modano, Morrow, Zubov, Sydor, Nagy and Turco might.

Guest Habsters

Dont miss him and even if he was still here it would not have made a difference his biggest problem here was a lack of intensity. Then again maybe he would still fit in! ;)

I did truly like the guy at times, and I was one of those who did feel that he was an unworthy scapegoat at times. But, Plekanec is his replacement, and their numbers are not very far off --- in Plekanec's first year starting as a second-line centerman. That's just comparing Plekanec's stats this year with Ribeiro's stats last year. Even compared to Ribeiro's numbers this year, Plekanec's numbers are close.

And, Mike Ribeiro never killed penalties. ;)

Ribs departure has given players who WANT to do well like Plecks and Lapierre a chance.

If Ribs were still around Plecks would be underused and underachieving on the fourth line and Lapierre would still be in Hamilton. Heck, even Niinimaa wants to give it his all when he is on the ice. His comment of "I was treaty unfairly" sounds alot like the immature individual we all detested... It's never his fault, always someone else's.

We don't need him, we don't want him and I wish him the best of luck for the rest of his season in Dallas.

Guest mateus
I did truly like the guy at times, and I was one of those who did feel that he was an unworthy scapegoat at times. But, Plekanec is his replacement, and their numbers are not very far off --- in Plekanec's first year starting as a second-line centerman. That's just comparing Plekanec's stats this year with Ribeiro's stats last year. Even compared to Ribeiro's numbers this year, Plekanec's numbers are close.

And, Mike Ribeiro never killed penalties. ;)

definatly no disrespect to pleks, like i said before:

there points are likely o be the same...but ribs is a natural playmaker...and pleks can kill penalties...

-Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Plekanec.....Ribeiro

74..... GP...... 72

18..... Goals... 14

27..... Assists. 34

45..... Points.. 48

+8..... +/-..... +1

15:57.. TOI/G. 14:27

48.9... FO%... 46.7

31..... GvA..... 50

61..... TkA..... 33

Guest mateus
Plekanec.....Ribeiro

74..... GP...... 72

18..... Goals... 14

27..... Assists. 34

45..... Points.. 48

+8..... +/-..... +1

15:57.. TOI/G. 14:27

48.9... FO%... 46.7

31..... GvA..... 50

61..... TkA..... 33

precisely my point thx JL

-Matt

Guest d80jcrant

Plekanec over Ribs any day, The trade to get Ninemma was awesome...We get depth on D and make room for young guys that want to play

Plekanec over Ribs any day, The trade to get Ninemma was awesome...We get depth on D and make room for young guys that want to play

are you serious???

niinima has been a healthy scratch for half the season...he has 0 goals 2 assists and is a -10.....he has had a few good games, but besides that he is playing awful (not to mention he is the higest paid hab defenseman at 2.5 million)

but i'm still happy that ribs is long gone...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The true value of the trade, like many said, is the icetime it got Plekanec and Lapierrie, if Ribeiro was still here Plekanec is 4th line center Lapierre is in Hamilton.

Anyways, Plekanec is a better player then Ribeiro.

Guest CanadianMike
the playoffs ar coming and ribs might just re-write his own record books(not thiose of the NHL loll not yet;) )

good read really

http://www.dallasstars.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=8849

and have you seen his goals and passing for dallas lol there commentators have said it best: the wizardry of ribeiro:mrgreen:  

-Matt

you mean Ribs will actually show up come playoff time?

Guest CanadianMike
Maybe we will get to see him squirm on the ice again ;)

HAHA but it won't make us blush this time...not in a Habs uniform :)

you do know I am just teasing ......I am just jealous that everything turned out for Ribs while Zed's (and Theo's) year went downhill *cries* :)

Anyways, Plekanec is a better player then Ribeiro.

Ya, similar offensive skill, but Plekanek brings better defense and a far better attitude. It took him a little while to find his groove, but I think he should be a solid #2 center for years to come.

Archived