The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mike Ribeiro

jl-1

This sounds familiar

http://www.habsinsideout.com/2007/04/forme..._in_out_as_can/

By Jay in PA on April 24, 2007 12:00 PM

I loved Ribiero's creativity. He'd occasionally do things that left me shaking my head in wonder at how he both saw the opening and executed the play. However, I hated that he only flashed his talent occasionally and was a defensive nightmare. He was easy to knock off the puck and didn't really seem to have the passion for winning that you want to see. Was the talent there? Sure. The heart just wasn't, though. Not by a mile.

Guest CanadianMike
This sounds familiar

I loved Ribiero's creativity. He'd occasionally do things that left me shaking my head in wonder at how he both saw the opening and executed the play. However, I hated that he only flashed his talent occasionally and was a defensive nightmare. He was easy to knock off the puck and didn't really seem to have the passion for winning that you want to see. Was the talent there? Sure. The heart just wasn't, though. Not by a mile.

...somethings never change.

Guest Miltie01
This sounds familiar

We have another one of those if Dallas wants him !!!!

That is beyond stupid, Montreal didn't even qualify for the playoffs, Dallas had to face Vancover and Luongo for 7 games.

Luongo= A goalie up to this post season who had never played a single post season game. Your telling me the Stars can take avantage of that?

The quote Regis posted it a true testament of Ribeiro, some nights he was great other times he was MIA.

Guest kevinfansdeshabs
This sounds familiar

It's just one people. go on the forum of de dallas stars and find me 5 people who hate ribeiro

Guest ram84
Could be Samsanov

hmm true, didnt think about him right away. I think the part that says "flashed his talent occasionally" made me think of the cristism kovy receives.

Guest lfrommtl

ribeiro ticked me off last year during the playoffs during game 4 where he missed like 4 good scoring chances it bugged me because i dished out 150$ for a ticket! needless to say i have disliked him since

funny story

during the preseason this year my friend got tickets in the 2nd row of the habs end towards the end of the warmup he put 5 pucks together and shot them all in the net. my buddy and i got up and yelled "THOSE ARE THE LAST GOALS YOU'LL SCORE WITH THE HABS," he must've heard us because he gave us a dirty look and skated off the ice that weekend and still goalless, he was traded.

Guest Un_Lavalois

Ribeiro is such a playoff performer :bow: All those chances ... to finally get owned by BULIS and his own mouth.. If he just shut up and played, I wouldnt be all that excited about his early playoff exit, but now RIBS :golf:

People who defend Ribeiro like they were him don't even know why we hate him... he IS a good hockey player, but he opened his mouth and it's just funny to see the great playmaker unable to be productive and go further then a first round exit.. playing games just make it more painful, so I like:lol:

Guest CanadianMike
It's just one people. go on the forum of de dallas stars and find me 5 people who hate ribeiro

give them a chance to get to know him!

Guest Un_Lavalois

Apparently, deep down inside, Ribeiro will always wish to play at least one more time for the Habs

source: CKAC lol and it's true, I heard a clip of him saying that

Guest Habsfan_11
Apparently, deep down inside, Ribeiro will always wish to play at least one more time for the Habs

source: CKAC lol and it's true, I heard a clip of him saying that

Well maybe if he continues to put up some nice numbers in Dallas, he'll be one of the few good players who wants to come to Montreal when he becomes a UFA...

Guest P.Royfan
funny man aint he ;)

hey ummm heres a question

where are ryder and kovalev in the point standings?

ummm

wait for it...wait for it...

oh! thats right! behidn ribeiro!

so...GO RIBS GO!!!

:)

-Matt

Nobody said they were gonna have 80 point seasons either.

Guest KOIVU#11

He might of led his team in points this year but we all know what this guy is like in the playoffs and I think he would have been just as frusterating to watch in Montreal as he usually is.

Guest crazyhorse_9000

Bash him all you like but the truth is that Ribs would have served us much better than Ninnimma.. And you cant tell me his "replacement" Samsonov was any better..

Although he was horrid in the playoffs last year at least with him on the team we may have made the playoffs.

Guest mateus
Bash him all you like but the truth is that Ribs would have served us much better than Ninnimma.. And you cant tell me his "replacement" Samsonov was any better..

Although he was horrid in the playoffs last year at least with him on the team we may have made the playoffs.

ho so true, and he wasnt one to complain to the press about "lack of ice time" nor did he complain when we put him on the 4th line.

name that russian superstar everyone!

-Matt

Ribeiro plays defense! ;):)

His "replacement" wasn't Plekanec ?

Archived