The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mike Ribeiro

jl-1

Apperently Dallas is looking to trade him, guess his act is getting old there too...

If Gainey does want a man in the middle, he could always call his old buddy Doug Armstrong in Dallas. The indications are he's trying to move C Mike Ribeiro, who the Habs dealt to the Stars for Niinimaa in September

http://www.edmontonsun.com/Sports/Hockey/2...606244-sun.html

Guest kevinfansdeshabs
Apperently Dallas is looking to trade him, guess his act is getting old there too...

If Gainey does want a man in the middle, he could always call his old buddy Doug Armstrong in Dallas. The indications are he's trying to move C Mike Ribeiro, who the Habs dealt to the Stars for Niinimaa in September

bla bla bla

ribeiro is in the top 5 of the better players in this teams

Every fans in dallas loves him

A message of a fan in dallas

He is doing a terrific job and everyone loves him. I think part of the problem in getting him on the ice is he doesn't take face offs very well so Tipp has to keep him off until the face off is done. He will keep getting more time though and they are playing him with everyone from time to time not just keeping him on one line all the time. He is gett PP time and does very well, if we had someone to finish all the set ups he makes we would be winning every night. If they can break out of this scoring slump his star will shine even brighter. I love him and am super glad he is here.

bla bla bla

ribeiro is in the top 5 of the better players in this teams

Every fans in dallas loves him

A message of a fan in dallas

Well they don't run the team, and they aren't in the room, I'm not surprised Armstrong is apperently looking to deal him based on the things I've heard.

Guest kevinfansdeshabs
Well they don't run the team, and they aren't in the room, I'm not surprised Armstrong is apperently looking to deal him based on the things I've heard.

what things you heard, because i will be very surprise if Doug trade one of his better player this year

Guest kevinfansdeshabs

coment by a fans of dallas

I wonder how these rumors get started. Why would the Stars want to dump Ribby right now? He has been better than advertised.  

If (BIG IF) the Stars did, it would be because he is a locker room cancer, as reported when traded here. Outward appearances just don't support that theory, as he seems to be joking and talking with his teammates on the bench between shifts, etc. and really enjoying himself. I went to their open practice in Euless, and the same seemed to be true. Maybe the inside is different, but its all happy by most appearances.

thx kevin

ribs will remain and will continue to aim for that 80+ points this season

RI-BEI-RO!!!

-Matt

p.s. 2koll4thisforum: you cheer for liverpool, your no chop mate:lol:

Very interesting... this guy is building himself quite the reputation I see... :wtv:

Guest kevinfansdeshabs
Very interesting... this guy is building himself quite the reputation I see... :wtv:

give me a reson why he will be trade when he is second in the points of dallas and one of the better player.

oh and you says the reputation, read the post before your.

give me a reson why he will be trade when he is second in the points of dallas and one of the better player.

I don't know... your asking the messenger. Ask the one(s) writing the articles... :dont:

As for what a few fans think, it doesn't mean anything as we could have quoted several fans here who just loved Theodore... what did it mean? Nothing. :wink:

Maybe the Dallas Stars don't like his attitude

We don't know, a reporter posted a " rumor " , take it for what it is .

2nd in pts means , nothing , better players have been traded before

Thornton, Gretzky, Kovaelv, Leclair etc all got traded . Ribiero isn't even in the same league as any of them

Guest kevinfansdeshabs
Maybe the Dallas Stars don't like his attitude  

We don't know, a reporter posted a " rumor " , take it for what it is .

2nd in pts means , nothing , better players have been traded before  

Thornton, Gretzky, Kovaelv, Leclair etc  all got traded . Ribiero isn't even in the same league as any of them

it's not the samething, ribeiro in this team, it's gold. He is the player in the power play for his team. He is far better skater and defensive player than last year. Tippet use him whit every player. To barnaby, jokinen, erickson, morrow.

He is the better player of the team rigth now

1.) His attitude

I dont' know if this is a problem or not, ask whoever wrote that article. But if it is a problem, while his points are good, he is by no means a "must keep" player, and if he's a distraction, I can understand wanting to get rid of him.

He put up similar points in Montreal, and we traded him.

Guest 60islove
I don't know... your asking the messenger. Ask the one(s) writing the articles... :dont:  

As for what a few fans think, it doesn't mean anything as we could have quoted several fans here who just loved Theodore... what did it mean? Nothing. :wink:

i'm confused..he's building himself a reputation? how so? dallas media (with miniscule exception) seems to thinking mikey r is a perfect fit with the team and that thus far his time in dallas has been nothing short of great. what is this reputation you speak of?

if it's that ribeiro is a player who is fun and dynamic in the locker room (cause thats what the texans think) then i guess he's building a good reputation?

i am starting to think some people (not anyone in particular here guys) are harboring secret hate for certain players and like to believe the worst of them AND want only for them to fail..it's kind of strange.

ribs and brisebois are two examples

i'm confused..he's building himself a reputation? how so? dallas media (with miniscule exception) seems to thinking mikey r is a perfect fit with the team and that thus far his time in dallas has been nothing short of great. what is this reputation you speak of?

if it's that ribeiro is a player who is fun and dynamic in the locker room (cause thats what the texans think) then i guess he's building a good reputation?

i am starting to think some people (not anyone in particular here guys) are harboring secret hate for certain players and like to believe the worst of them AND want only for them to fail..it's kind of strange.

Since I'm being quoted, I guess I better answer the question... :D

The reputation he's building is not a good one, as we've seen here in Montreal and now from what we read from some trade rumours out of Dallas. I didn't write that, it's in the article posted above. :wink:

So if one plus one is two, I'm just adding it up, that's all. Maybe I'm wrong... and maybe not. Time will tell I guess.

As for the hate thing, I truly hope the finger isn't pointed at me as if anyone on this board is keeping a neutral stance on every player, you've quote that person. :mrgreen:

Well to add to what JL said, why would we trade the guy if he had a great attitude? He may not have been the perfect fit on the second line, but with our shallowness at center, it was not the right time to trade him purely judging by him on the ice. He was slow, and lacked defense, but he's still a 60 point guy with tons of skill, and we gave him up for essentially nothing. There has to be mroe than just what he does on the ice to that.

ribs will remain and will continue to aim for that 80+ points this season

Well he's on pace for around 57-58 points right now, so to get 80+ he will really have to get hot...

I don't dislike Ribs, and I didn't post the rumor to start a fight, I've been reading rumors Dallas is looking to deal him, and since he is playing well, I assumed it was an attitude related deal, which he does have a reputation around here for.

What's true and what isn't i dont know, and to be honest it doesn't really bother me much... Just found it interesting.

Well he's on pace for around 57-58 points right now, so to get 80+ he will really have to get hot...

I don't dislike Ribs, and I didn't post the rumor to start a fight, I've been reading rumors Dallas is looking to deal him, and since he is playing well, I assumed it was an attitude related deal, which he does have a reputation around here for.

What's true and what isn't i dont know, and to be honest it doesn't really bother me much... Just found it interesting.

it might also be a three way deal no one knows about.

prolonged if you will

i mean dallas did drop a bag of pucks for him, if they are looking to ship him out(doubt it) they definatly wouldnt bring in a bag of pucks now would they lol

i say this rumour is just that, a rumour, the only truth i can see to it is if modano wants out and ribs is the sweetener to a deal...though again...HIGHLY doubt it

-Matt

it might also be a three way deal no one knows about.

prolonged if you will

i mean dallas did drop a bag of pucks for him, if they are looking to ship him out(doubt it) they definatly wouldnt bring in a bag of pucks now would they lol

i say this rumour is just that, a rumour, the only truth i can see to it is if modano wants out and ribs is the sweetener to a deal...though again...HIGHLY doubt it

-Matt

With the exception that this "bag of pucks" has helped us keep a winning records when 3 of our defensemen were unable to play... :oops:

speaking of Patrice

Saturday Dec 2

Scratches

# Pos Name # Pos Name

11 C CODY MCCORMICK

34 D KURT SAUER

71 D PATRICE BRISEBOIS - healthy scratch too;)

I have heard the 'rough and tumble' leaders on that team (Morrow, Barnaby, Modano) are not particularly thrilled with ribs in the dressing room. Again, this is pure rumor but it does sound plausible. Dallas has got a lot of players known as "tough" on their roster...I could see Rib's old prima-donna attitude wearing thin. Im NOT saying that he is acting like that or not - perhaps the change has done him good - but it certainly wouldnt suprise me if these rumors are true.

With the exception that this "bag of pucks" has helped us keep a winning records when 3 of our defensemen were unable to play... :oops:

But we payed him 2.4 million for that. With his salary and the fact that he's a UFA at the end of the season, his value probably wasn't much much more than a bag of pucks.

I have heard the 'rough and tumble' leaders on that team (Morrow, Barnaby, Modano) are not particularly thrilled with ribs in the dressing room.  Again, this is pure rumor but it does sound plausible.  Dallas has got a lot of players known as "tough" on their roster...I could see Rib's old prima-donna attitude wearing thin. Im NOT saying that he is acting like that or not - perhaps the change has done him good - but it certainly wouldnt suprise me if these  rumors are true.

kk i see what you mean

well hoping for the best and that this is all false

-Matt

Archived