The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

73 Michael Ryder 06-07

jl-1

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest KOIVU#11
He has 10 shots in his last 5 games... not exactly great.

be patient they'll all have their slumps. I'm sure Ryder will come out of it. No need to get worried he'll be fine I'm sure.

He has 10 shots in his last 5 games... not exactly great.

Tough to shoot from the bench! We're taking so many penalties that Ryder's icetime is affected... :deal:

Tough to shoot from the bench! We're taking so many penalties that Ryder's icetime is affected... :deal:

I agree 100% JL, as I've said in the Samsonov and Kovalev thread, these guys need to play, and we need them to play, Ryder falls under that group, we need to stay out of the box so we can get our best players on the ice...

Where is Ryder??

First 7 games: 3 goals, 4 assists, 7 points

Last 5 games: 1 goal, 0 assists, 1 point

He needs to wake up because the second line has awoken and Higgins and Koivu are still there usual selves.  

He's been our worse forward in the top 3 lines in the past 5 games...

Please, the worst forward in the past five games?? Define worst forward - not showing up on the scoresheet? Ryder is still on the ice, playing decently. Higgins and Koivu are getting the penalty kill time and opportunites there, while Ryder gets cold on the bench. Was it six games ago that Sammy was demoted to the 4th line?

How can Ryder keep producing with the inconsistent ice time? Give him as much time as Kovalev gets, game in game out, and you will see a different player. Ryder's problem is not that he is the worst forward, it is that he is the most underestimated scorer on the team, and he has to produce despite the odds against him. If you want him on the scoresheet, criticize the number of penalties the team takes.

Maybe Ryder is going in the pending Souray trade?

Trade Ryder and Souray to Phoenix for Shane Doan and Keith Ballard

Worst trade, EVER.

Ryder is a cornerstone to the Habs. when he hits a slump, it would be refreshing to NOT see bandwagon fans start yelling for a trade.

And yet, it is funny when he scores a goal, suddenly he is 'the man' or 'the best'.

ryder will get a goal tonight,and if you trade him and souray,kiss playoffs and cup aspirations good-bye

Based on what? Ryder and Souray might not stay here, it might be in our best interest to trade him out, either for another big defenceman or a good forward.

Guest gottaHABit
Based on what? Ryder and Souray might not stay here, it might be in our best interest to trade him out, either for another big defenceman or a good forward.

Oh I dunno.... maybe the fact that Ryder has been only consistent sniper for the last 2 years, in spite of being injured for one of them. Ryder IS a good forward, and it make a lot more sense to get him more ice time than to give him away in some ridiculous trade.

Guest habs_fan1160

Ryder's had some good chances in the last couple of games but the bounces don't seem to be going his way.

He'll break out offensivly soon.

I suspect he'll get a goal against the Oilers tonight.

Guest habinto

Nothing personal and of course this is only my point of you and I respect you and all that but thank God your not the GM.

Higgins is out for six weeks. That is horrible news for the Habs, but I think Ryder will pick it up now on the first line. I predict that this will become a very productive time for him, stats wise, with the team.

Guest habinto

I think Ryder is a one dimensional 30 something goal scorer so the Habs need him. That's it. I don't love him and if we could trade him to upgrade the team so be it.I don't think he is the corner stone of this team. BUT we need goals to win.

Go Ryder Go

I havent been a big fan of Ryders but he has put up the points when we need it. My only problem with him in the game against the Oilers was that he held onto the puck for tooo long - he needs to look around him and pass the puck when another player is open!!!!

Ah, did you see the Lats goal? Who was it that did all the work on that and set it up? Seems to me it was Ryder. There are times when he holds onto the puck too long and mightn't make a pass - however, Kovalev and Samonov and others are equally as guilty - stickhandling until the puck is lost and failing to capitalize on a shooting chance.

Ryder played very well last night, as did the team as a whole. He had a defensive play that was outstanding and played well on the boards. Everyone on the team, EVERYONE, does something every game that we can sit back and criticize - Streit made that God awful defensive play yet was brilliant on the pass on the Rivet goal. Rivet had some defensive lapses yet that shot to the top corner of the net was amazing. Lats had some great hits and got his first goal but what was that shootout shot about? And, the list goes on....these are decisions made in a split second, with someone bearing down on you, and are easy to second guess.

This is a team. Everyone brings something to it. I believe Ryder plays to the best of his ability most nights, as do the others on the team. If Ryder disadvantaged the Habs, he would not be playing. If he holds onto the puck for too long, in the opinion of the coaches, he can be taught not to because if there is one thing for sure, given Ryder's struggles to make the NHL despite all the obstacles placed in his way, he is an avid student wanting to improve to be the best he can be.

Ryder cant be handling the puck in the offensive zone thats not is duty, he needs to get in the open areas and look for the pass (in the slot on the half boards and so on)

higgins is out, they need someone to do it

Guest habinto
Ryder cant be handling the puck in the offensive zone thats not is duty, he needs to get in the open areas and look for the pass (in the slot on the half boards and so on)

I agree!

Guest Seventy-Three

Ryder played very well last night, as did the team as a whole.  He had a defensive play that was outstanding and played well on the boards.  Everyone on the team, EVERYONE, does something every game that we can sit back and criticize - Streit made that God awful defensive play yet was brilliant on the pass on the Rivet goal.  Rivet had some defensive lapses yet that shot to the top corner of the net was amazing.  Lats had some great hits and got his first goal but what was that shootout shot about?  And, the list goes on....these are decisions made in a split second, with someone bearing down on you, and are easy to second guess.

This is a team.  Everyone brings something to it.  I believe Ryder plays to the best of his ability most nights, as do the others on the team.  If Ryder disadvantaged the Habs, he would not be playing.  If he holds onto the puck for too long, in the opinion of the coaches, he can be taught not to because if there is one thing for sure, given Ryder's struggles to make the NHL despite all the obstacles placed in his way, he is an avid student wanting to improve to be the best he can be.

I agree. A really strong game by Ryder last night vs the Oilers.

I thought he looked really comfortable holding onto the puck longer and seemed to be the only player trying to think outside the box. I especially liked the fact that most times he hung on to the puck simply to force the play over the blueline and into the corner, so he could pass it back to the defence and setup a play. I'd guess that 7 or 8 shots by the defense last night came from a play setup by Ryder.

Smart playmaking, for sure. I can see Ryder picking up the slack on the scoresheet for Higgins. That's if Latendresse doesn't beat him too it!

Archived