The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

73 Michael Ryder 06-07

jl-1

Guest lecavalierrocks

Michael Ryder is full of Talent and I still dont understand why people wanted to trade him sooooo badly in the past. Am I missing something? I think he's well worth his salary...he could even get more IMO.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Michael Ryder is full of Talent and I still dont understand why people wanted to trade him sooooo badly in the past. Am I missing something? I think he's well worth his salary...he could even get more IMO.

oh thats just the sucess haters that were talking all summer, didnt want to see goals scored

Guest gottaHABit
Cant even compare him to Kovalev either, who is strictly gone into playmaking mode aswell on his line, Sammy is his trigger man, Ryder is Koivu's triggerman.

We can come here and defend him all we want, fact is he is doing anything but pull the trigger, his goals all came in a quick flurry at the start of the season, he hasnt scored in 5 games, and only scored 2 times in his past 11 games.

I love this kid, and i think his skating and defensive game have improved, but i cant deny that he is in a goal scoring slump right now, and i cant see how anyone else can either.

Can't compare Ryder to Kovalev because Kovalev has gone into playmaking mode to feed his trigger man.... Sammy? Yeah whatever. Kovalev is supposed to be our premier forward, he averages 2 minutes more per game than Ryder, yet he has the the same number of goals and just 1 more assist. The comparison is more than justified, and if we can scrutinize Ryders output we can definitely scrutinize Kovalevs. If want more goals from Ryder we need to get him more ice time and let him shoot the damn puck.

On a separate note, just because I'm critical of Kovalev doesn't mean I'm not a fan. The guy is loaded with talent, and I think the coaching staff just missed a golden opportunity to increase his output. It should've been Kovalev replacing Higgins on the first line, not Latendresse.

For those complaining of Ryder saying that he's a defensive liability... he's been playing on the PK the last couple of games and has done quite well if you ask me. :wtv:

For those complaining of Ryder saying that he's a defensive liability... he's been playing on the PK the last couple of games and has done quite well if you ask me. :wtv:

lol...yea, but now they will complain he's not scoring , which he isn't :confused:

but then neither is anyone else :D

he's been playing on the PK the last couple of games and has done quite well if you ask me. :wtv:

yeah too bad nobody did :D

j/k JL I thought he looked good on the PK tonight, did a good job of clearing the puck. I would still prefer to see Higgins out there but for now Ryder is doing a good job helping out on the PK

yeah too bad nobody did :D

j/k JL  I thought he looked good on the PK tonight, did a good job of clearing the puck. I would still prefer to see Higgins out there but for now Ryder is doing a good job helping out on the PK

Higgins is injured though so Ryder gets his wish. More icetime to get more of a rythim.

ryder has been terrible the past 3/4 games, cant take a pass turns the puck over....he has just been really bad

I happen to think that he's played quite well. He just can't seem to finish, but he's getting his scoring chances and as long as he's getting those, I wouldn't say that he's playing bad. Heck, Carbo even put him on the PK with Koivu the last couple of games! :D

I happen to think that he's played quite well. He just can't seem to finish, but he's getting his scoring chances and as long as he's getting those, I wouldn't say that he's playing bad. Heck, Carbo even put him on the PK with Koivu the last couple of games! :D

I agree

Scorers only get worried when they can't get the scoring chances, if he keeps getting scoring chances then he will eventually score!!

If he stops getting these chances then everybody needs to start worrying.

And you heard it here second. Ryder is due, he is working hard, and the goals will come. If the team stays out of the box, he will have a multi-point night tonight. If the team takes its usual stupid penalties, he will watch the game from the bench and get colder and colder.

So, let's home that the team plays responsibly tonight, and Ryder can put on a goal scorer's show.

Guest ChriS_HigGinS#1

I am very disappointed with Ryders production and I'm curious to see what Carbo will do when Higgins is back, maybe moving him down to 2nd line and letting Lats play with koivu and Higgy?

Higgins Koivu Latendresse

Samsonov Kovalev Ryder

Guest habsfan#08
I am very disappointed with Ryders production and I'm curious to see what Carbo will do when Higgins is back, maybe moving him down to 2nd line and letting Lats play with koivu and Higgy?

Higgins Koivu Latendresse

Samsonov Kovalev Ryder

If Kostisyns playing the way he is than how can you move him to the fourth line or back to the AHL?

Guest Thibodosa

to bad he couldnt get that 1 about a minute into the game.. might have changed alot for him.. hes getting chances still and rushing the puck pretty good.. so if he keeps that up it should turn around for him

I'm not one bit concerned right now about the so-called lack of production. Why? Because he's getting chances and as long as he's getting chances, a goal scorer will eventually find the back of the net. Now because Latendresse scored a couple of goals we're thinking of demoting Ryder? It's not going to happen. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ryder lighting it up in Florida. :sarc:

Guest banker002
I'm not one bit concerned right now about the so-called lack of production. Why? Because he's getting chances and as long as he's getting chances, a goal scorer will eventually find the back of the net. Now because Latendresse scored a couple of goals we're thinking of demoting Ryder? It's not going to happen. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ryder lighting it up in Florida. :sarc:

i agreee.....carbo can't be mad with him..he actually played him on the penalty kill last night ...over 3 minutes....i think he is skating quite well...just needs a bounce around the net

He just needs one or two to get his confidence back. You could tell reading his facial expression after he missed that one from the Latendresse pass. His hands are just a little rigid right now. He just needs to get one passed a goalie. Scorers tend to get them in bunches.

Archived