The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

73 Michael Ryder 06-07

jl-1

Guest MTL_HABS_24
Geez-I guess this forum isn't the only place where Ryder gets the screws put to him :blink:

I noticed however that they're playing Sergei Kostitsyn with Saku Koivu and Michael Ryder (Carbo must have been listening to me)...Higgs will probably be back on that line once he comes off injury, however if Sergei plays well with him, I'd be OK with a top 6 of S. Kostitsyn, Koivu, Ryder, Higgins, Plekanec, A. Kostitsyn.

This question goes out to the posters who have been trashing Ryder on this forum:

Where were you on the nights in question and can anyone vouch for you? B)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They're either jealous of the fame or the wealth if not both. From my understanding Newfoundland is a bit on the barren side when it comes to jobs (Please correct me if I'm wrong) so it wouldn't be all that surprising for people (in particular young people if they are indeed young) to lash out against someone who is considerably better off financially. And you're quite right Newfoundlanders in my experience are nothing like this...if there's any extreme they should be noted for it's extremes in generosity and hospitality...NOT vandalism and stupidity.

I lived in Mtl and now I live TO and I have nothing but great things to say about Newfoundlanders.

Guest HabsfanfromtheROCK
I lived in Mtl and now I live TO and I have nothing but great things to say about Newfoundlanders.

Im a newfie...what you gotta say about me?

I read that article, i almost cryed. My mom read it and started cursing lol. I bet the guys doing it are leafs fans and guys who have nothing better to do on their summer holidays. Even in my own town theres 4 or 5 guys who are breaking windows/vandalising the parks/tearing down "STOP" signs and street signs. The council had to pay 10 gran this summer just on repairs to things like this. Just sick.

Guest Oatmeal777

I have nothing bad to say about Newfoundlander's except we as Nova Scotianers are vastly superior to them.

Yup, no fishing for us anymore, with our superior technology we've since moved on to coal mining.

I just what to say as a Newfoundlander, that we are not all like this. These Vandilists give us a bad name, and i hope it doesn't give us a bad reputation on this forum. The people who did this are probably people who are jelous of his fame here in Newfoundland, and should be ashamed of there actions.

I don't think it reflects on Newfoundlanders as there is vandalism everywhere. It's an act done by cowards who can not face their victims one on one, pure and simple. If I caught one in a dark alley... let's just say that I'd have a lot of fun with him!

Guest HabsfanfromtheROCK
I have nothing bad to say about Newfoundlander's except we as Nova Scotianers are vastly superior to them.

Yup, no fishing for us anymore, with our superior technology we've since moved on to coal mining.

This is another thing i HATE. Everyone outside of newfoundland thinks that all we have here is the fishery. Makes me angry <_< .

Guest Alex-Habsfan23

There's hardly any vandalism here on the West Coast of NL!

MOVE HERE MIKE! :P

Oh, hardee-har har... <_<

Guest CanadianMike
There's hardly any vandalism here on the West Coast of NL!

MOVE HERE MIKE! :P

:lol: do you have an extra room or 2?

Did anyone post yet that Ryder wanted more than a 1 year deal, but it is the Habs that didn't want that.

Guest Oatmeal777
This is another thing i HATE. Everyone outside of newfoundland thinks that all we have here is the fishery. Makes me angry <_< .

Well, I was being sarcastic. Newfoundland actually does have some cool places though such as St. Pierre and Miquelon which, being French territory, are sure to have some great bars, pubs, and cafes.

Guest Alex-Habsfan23
:lol: do you have an extra room or 2?

Did anyone post yet that Ryder wanted more than a 1 year deal, but it is the Habs that didn't want that.

I didn't mean you, lol!

No offence...

Well, I was being sarcastic. Newfoundland actually does have some cool places though such as St. Pierre and Miquelon which, being French territory, are sure to have some great bars, pubs, and cafes.

That's not in NL dude....

Guest Alex-Habsfan23
I don't understand! I made a positive general statement about Newfies and you reply like this? :angry:

Maybe you shouldn't have used "Newfies". "Newfoundlander" is better.

Guest Oatmeal777

I said it was French territory but people lump it together with Newfoundland because it's right off the southern coast as you can see from any map.

Guest CanadianMike
I didn't mean you, lol!

No offence...

I know..I meant an extra room or 2 for Michael Ryder (and his girlfriend/wife) whatever he has.

maybe a couple of pets?

sorry I am going off track.

GO Ryder score 30 again!

Guest Alex-Habsfan23
I know..I meant an extra room or 2 for Michael Ryder (and his girlfriend/wife) whatever he has.

maybe a couple of pets?

sorry I am going off track.

GO Ryder score 30 again!

True...

30? Frigg that! 40!! or 41! Or 42! Or 43! Or....

You comments were obviously sarcastic and I don't get how any one would mis inteprete them. Thanks for the humour. It's nice when we can laugh at ourselves one in a while!!! \ :)

Guest Alex-Habsfan23
I said it was French territory but people lump it together with Newfoundland because it's right off the southern coast as you can see from any map.

My bad... Didn't know you were being sarcastic.

Guest rosalie52
You comments were obviously sarcastic and I don't get how any one would mis inteprete them. Thanks for the humour. It's nice when we can laugh at ourselves one in a while!!! \ :)

Yep, I agree on that one! ;)

Guest d80jcrant

Poor Ryder, I can't belive people would do such stuff to his house and car, I say take your money and sell your house and move elsewhere. Hurt the economy. That is just plain stupid that people would do such stuff. Hang in there Ryder and have a wonderful season potting 35 goals

Guest Oatmeal777
Poor Ryder, I can't belive people would do such stuff to his house and car, I say take your money and sell your house and move elsewhere. Hurt the economy. That is just plain stupid that people would do such stuff. Hang in there Ryder and have a wonderful season potting 35 goals

No kidding, for what it's worth I think he's a relatively humble guy. He never hogs the spotlight or talks about how great he is. I don't recall him ever complaining when things were bad last year even though he had just as much reason as anyone else did. And when he scored his hat trick in the last game he still kept the "lose as a team" mentality instead of pointing the finger at everyone else's sloppy game. He's the last player on the team who deserves it.

I can't get the article as it wasn't online but a local paper here mentioned that Ryder played the past two seasons with a herniated disk in his neck and that may have played a part in the one year deal, and Ryder said he should have rested but decided to play as he did, and that he feels better now. Wish I could find the article.

Archived