The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

73 Michael Ryder 06-07

jl-1

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A big reason for his lack of ice-time is 16 penalty minutes--almost a full period of hockey where Ryder isn't used.

So Ryder fans needn't worry or rise up in anger, management isn't "doubting" him, nor have they lost their faith.

that is true for other players too ex: Kovalev. If your always killing penelatys your not going to use the guys who work on the PP unit or for that matter your scoring line.

Ryder does look faster this season so far and he seems to be seeing the ice better, seeing his teamates and actually does seem faster.

So Ryder fans needn't worry or rise up in anger, management isn't "doubting" him, nor have they lost their faith.

lol just to retouch on this Subject: Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Ryder get some ice time tonight with Lats and Begin? Carbo sat Downey out for a shift to give Ryder more ice time.

To mw that is a sure sign they want to use him as much as possible.

lol just to  retouch on this Subject:  Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Ryder get some ice time tonight with Lats and Begin? Carbo sat Downey out for a shift to give Ryder more ice time.

To mw that is a sure sign they want to use him as much as possible.

Carbo did that after Koivu and Higgins finished killing a penalty. I had noticed that as well and RDS made mention of the reason why he was out there.

RDS made mention of the reason why he was out there.

since I don't speak fench RDS could have been talking about the weather and I wouldn't know any better :D

last year the subject of Ryders icetime came up and it is pretty much the same reason this year: If your killing penaltys all the time players loike Ryder will not get as much ice time.

I have been very impressed with the 'new' Ryder.

I guess now we know he really was not playing at 100% last season.

He is much more effective both ways, more physical, faster, and more creative.

He has 2 great linemates, and is going to be one of those guys who set the tone for a game.

This really will be his breakout year, and he will be remembered in NHL salary comparisons as a great bargain.

(Just look at what Bryan McCabe is making, and he has only one assist so far in 4 games)

Guest Mous_Man
So who wants to trade Ryder now?  He's to 1 dimensional.  He's a liability on the ice.  Bla Bla BLa.

Go Ryder Go

The same guys that wanted to keep Rib :D

So who wants to trade Ryder now?  He's to 1 dimensional.  He's a liability on the ice.  Bla Bla BLa.

Go Ryder Go

Those same people who said all those things are the same ones who are wonder why Sportsnet isn't knocking down their door to be a hockey insider. They're probably hoping this highly unlikely career move will lead to an eventual GM position with an N-H-L club down the road. Long story short Ryder's critics are mad because no one recognizes their hockey genius.

Guest hatethoseleafs
thats right,where is all the sucess haters?????

Certainly has become quiet. Dont you worry though,,,i'm sure they'll be back soon enough if the going gets tough. Poor Ryder would have to score a goal every game to silence his critics. I wonder who's on the hit list this week??:D

Well it gives all us defenders of Ryder the ability to take a breather before the next onslaught of criticism comes.

Keep it up Michael. Don't give all those armchair right wingers the opportunity to discuss your every move.

Guest Miltie01

If he plays like this all year I would be more than happy to give him a 5 year contract(Higgins as well). Did I metion he will score 40 this year !!!

Guest banker002

I was really impressed with ryder last night (the 11-12 minutes he played)...

not only did he snipe a nice goal ..he created two mid-ice turnovers that lead to scoring opportunities (one was a nice drop pass to markov for a shot on net)...

he was also hitting out there and making really smart changes...i always notice he is usually the first one to change on his line..that is smart b/c he will not get caught out there tired...

and i agree with people's comments on his ice time...it will improve with low penalty minutes....that being said - his even strength ice time was still only 8 minutes and 30 seconds....hopefully that will be higher tonight...

to be fair - higgy and koivu's Even strength ice time was also under 9 minutes but they made their time up on the PP (over 3 minutes each; same as ryder) and of course (and rightfully so) the PK (over 3 minutes vs ryder's 1 second!)...

if they keep out of the box - i am hoping for 16-19 minutes a game

keep it up ryder!!! your playing well

Guest habinto
Trade him while his value is high :D

It's like the stock market except you want to trade him just before he goes on the decline and he has yet to acheive his full potential. FY07 = 40ish goales!

now that he's with higgins and koivu, he's going to get 40 plus, last year with riebeiro who would not pass him the puck....(thank god the habs org. got rid of that tool. now they just have to kick the second and third line in gear. i dont know whats wrong with bonk, hes awfully slow.....

Archived