The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

73 Michael Ryder 06-07

jl-1

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You think?  He didn't look all that slow to me.  I actually thought he looked better than last year for certain.  Keep in mind he's got 2 brand new linemates.

Bonk is the best defensive forward out there. My take on it is that people listen to Pierre McGuire too much and don't watch the guy play and make their own conclusions. Either that or they don't know too much about hockey. Watch him play, watch the games not just the highlights and then make your own conclusions. A player doesn't have to be on the scoresheet every night to be of value to his team. Bonk is amazing along the boards. He wins most battles and faceoffs. He's also very good at containing the opposition's top players. I.E he almost singlehandedly neutralized Forsberg in Philly. Again, watch him and make your own conclusions instead of repeating things you hear on Fan 990.

Guest Garthy18

It is the first time I have read this thread and can not believe people have ever dared to criticise Michael Ryder. He may look more complete and in better shape this year, but he has always been one of our most dangerous in front of goal. I hope he gets 40 + goals this year, with the right line mates he will win the Rocket Richard Trophy I'm sure within his career, not this year but soon.

get the contract signed this year matey.

It is the first time I have read this thread and can not believe people have ever dared to criticise Michael Ryder. He may look more complete and in better shape this year, but he has always been one of our most dangerous in front of goal. I hope he gets 40 + goals this year, with the right line mates he will win the Rocket Richard Trophy I'm sure within his career, not this year but soon.

get the contract signed this year matey.

Thank you Garthy!!! It's about time a fan stood up and showed some pride in this team and it's players! In particular it's most UNDERAPPRECIATED player. Good on ya buddy! Go Habs Go!

Guest habtalk

Trade Michael Ryder?

The guy is young, Canadian, and scores goals!

His speed is under rated and his shot is deadly ... just ask Andrew Raycroft ... I seem to remember a lightning wrist shot go over his shoulder to win the game last Saturday.

Ryder led the team in goals last year ... and was second in goals in his rookie year!

You people who want to trade Michael Ryder are a couple cheese curds short of a poutine.

Guest gottaHABit
Bonk is the best defensive forward out there. My take on it is that people listen to Pierre McGuire too much and don't watch the guy play and make their own conclusions. Either that or they don't know too much about hockey. Watch him play, watch the games not just the highlights and then make your own conclusions. A player doesn't have to be on the scoresheet every night to be of value to his team. Bonk is amazing along the boards. He wins most battles and faceoffs. He's also very good at containing the opposition's top players. I.E he almost singlehandedly neutralized Forsberg in Philly. Again, watch him and make your own conclusions instead of repeating things you hear on Fan 990.

Best defensive forward out there??? I know a fair about hockey too, I have never listened to Fan 990, and I don't listen too much to Pierre McGuire because to be honest with you I think he's a wing nut. I agree with Kojack though, even an improved Bonk looks slow to me, and he still likes to cough up the puck with little or no prompting.

What is up with Ryder giving out the hits. Five tonight, ten on the season, good for third on the team behind Begin and Komi. His game appears to be changing - he is taking far fewer shots and passing more as well.

Guest StratfordStreak
Ryders speed is just incredible, i feel like im watching a different person out there, everytime i see a burst of speed from this oneplayer, i cannot possibly think its Ryder and sure enough it is

i guess he really did have a herniated disc last year, cuz last year he was SLOW man

Good job Ryder

He does look alot faster, but as the guys said on t.v tonight he is down 15 pounds from last year, but intends to put it back on.

So I guess we should probably enjoy the speed while it lasts.

I would not call an avg of 15 minutes a game for your top goal scorer high....i have tried to locate steen's AVG ice time ytd to no avail....

i had to go to all of his games and its 16.6 minutes per game

so he is getting more time then Ryder

Guest SuperHabsFan

he has really become much faster, the other night against ottawa, he took the puck and skated really fast and had a shot on goal, I thought it's samsonov, i was so suprised to see that it's ryder.

wtg ryder.

Good to see everyone is in support of our best goal scorer now. all off season that wanted to keep Ribero and trade ryder. What for??? Ryder has worked hard this off season he is leaner and seems stronger. 3rd on the team in hits!!! I hope he hits 50 and see what all the non-belivers have to say then.

Guest Handlanger
I've always liked this guy but I must say I'm shocked with his speed and involvement this season. Keep it up!

Well, I never liked him before (see my sig, who is going to be deleted in a minute) but I'm more than happy with him this season. Since he lost weight, he has speed, and he finally finally sees his teammates and works defensively.

I was surprised, if not to say shocked of how much improved in these things, last year I didn't think that's possible.

So, even from me, the former anti-Ryder.... keep it up Mikey!!!

Guest leafsreallysuck
Well, I never liked him before (see my sig, who is going to be deleted in a minute) but I'm more than happy with him this season. Since he lost weight, he has speed, and he finally finally sees his teammates and works defensively.  

I was surprised, if not to say shocked of how much improved in these things, last year I didn't think that's possible.  

So, even from me, the former anti-Ryder.... keep it up Mikey!!!

Just in case you change your mind, I'm quoting you lol! :D

Archived