The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

79 Andrei Markov 06-07

jl-1

Guest 1970 Habs

I will be happy if he maintains his 45+ points/season and his plus-minus improves. I think he will get better especially if he is paired with Komisarek.

He may not be a strong leader in the locker room like Souray but he is a leader in his play on the ice. B)

Hey guys. I'm still kinda new here but I'm a Habs fan and I apperciate all other teams Canadian teams as well (not as much as the Habs though lol) but I want to make a video on Markov.

Do you guys remember any specific bad defensive mistakes by Markov and very good defensive plays? I'd like a mix of both. Try to remember for me. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jennifer_rocket
Man.... That would be a dream come true.

Ovechkin, yes!

Afinegenov, no! The dude is always injured, and is so easy to push off of the puck.

Afinegenov, no! The dude is always injured, and is so easy to push off of the puck.

And is still a bigger scoring threat than just about anyone we currently have. :)

But to get back on topic, I'm expecting a big year from Andrei. He has his contract, so now it's time to step up and take the D on his back with Souray gone. I'd like to see Markov shoot more on the PP.

Guest jennifer_rocket
And is still a bigger scoring threat than just about anyone we currently have. :)

But to get back on topic, I'm expecting a big year from Andrei. He has his contract, so now it's time to step up and take the D on his back with Souray gone. I'd like to see Markov shoot more on the PP.

Yeah, Markov shooting could be a great addition to the PP. I believe he shoots left, correct? Or does he shoot right? Ugh, I can't recall. Also, perhaps it's time to break up the Markov - Komisarek tandem. Komisarek should be able to handle 2nd pairing minutes without Markov now, and we can let Markov pair up with someone else. Show them the ropes, so to speak.

Guest matt_the_fan
Yeah, Markov shooting could be a great addition to the PP. I believe he shoots left, correct? Or does he shoot right? Ugh, I can't recall. Also, perhaps it's time to break up the Markov - Komisarek tandem. Komisarek should be able to handle 2nd pairing minutes without Markov now, and we can let Markov pair up with someone else. Show them the ropes, so to speak.

I agree. It's time for Komi to get on his own pairing.

Markov - Hamrlik

Komisarek - Dandenault/Bouillon

Brisebois - Streit/Rookie

1st Pairing :

Would allow a Ryder - Koivu - Kovalev line since they are not very sound on defence, and that Hamrlik - Markov, are.

Guest PrimusPilus

Markov shoots left, you are correct. My biggest fear is if Markov goes down with an injury. I'm not sure if any other team relies on one defenseman as much as we do. I feel more comfortable with Hamrlik eating up more minutes if an injury was to occur, however, I shudder when I look at the quality of offesnive depth we have on D. No doubt, Markov is going to get a lot more physical attention on the forecheck and the powerplay. Here's to a healthy and productive year!

I think it would be great if we could try and pair Markov with one of our faster defensemen (Dandenault, Bouillon), simply because I think it would allow for Markov to be more creative and become a bigger part of the offense while in the offensive zone. Especially with someone like Dandenault, if Markov is late coming back, it won't hurt as much as if we had a more flat-footed defenseman paired with him.

I think it would be great if we could try and pair Markov with one of our faster defensemen (Dandenault, Bouillon), simply because I think it would allow for Markov to be more creative and become a bigger part of the offense while in the offensive zone. Especially with someone like Dandenault, if Markov is late coming back, it won't hurt as much as if we had a more flat-footed defenseman paired with him.

Thing is, Markov-Komisarek was our best pairing, and the only one that really worked. I'm hesitant to fix something that ain't broke. Also, I'm still not sure Komisarek can play at a high level without Markov. Finally, removing Komi from the first pairing would also take away physicality and size from the pairing. A Markov-Dandenault combination is more likely to get pushed around. Plus, I also don't want Dandenault going up against the Ovechkins of the league if I can help it. :)

Guest 1970 Habs

I think it is best to leave Markov and Komisarek together as they compliment one another well. The first is very sound positionally and moves the puck well while the second is a solid physical presence. This pairing needs to be strong as it will for the most part face the opposition team's top line.

If you are going to match Dandenault with someone strong put him with Hamrlik. Many people forget the decent numbers Dandenault had in Detroit. I think he can do the same in Montreal with the right partner. The remaining defencemen on the team are not really of top 4 D-men quality.

Just my humble hockey opinion.

I think it is best to leave Markov and Komisarek together as they compliment one another well. The first is very sound positionally and moves the puck well while the second is a solid physical presence. This pairing needs to be strong as it will for the most part face the opposition team's top line.

If you are going to match Dandenault with someone strong put him with Hamrlik. Many people forget the decent numbers Dandenault had in Detroit. I think he can do the same in Montreal with the right partner. The remaining defencemen on the team are not really of top 4 D-men quality.

Just my humble hockey opinion.

I agree...If it isn't broke why fix it? Keep Komi and Markov together...They were one of the few bright spots we had on an otherwise shotty D.

Guest "Rocket"
I agree. It's time for Komi to get on his own pairing.

Markov - Hamrlik

Komisarek - Dandenault/Bouillon

Brisebois - Streit/Rookie

1st Pairing :

Would allow a Ryder - Koivu - Kovalev line since they are not very sound on defence, and that Hamrlik - Markov, are.

Im sure Komi would be ready for that kind of thing, but on the other side, it's such a perfect match with Markov, i think he need to stay with him at least another year or two, Komi hitting everything on the ice, while Markov is making great assist.

Guest bigsby
im excited to see how he plays this season after the big contract...

Hopefully we dont have the theo issue

fair comment but i don't think the two players are comparable for so many reasons.

I think Markov will continue his MVPesque performance and prove that he is an elite defenseman in the NHL.

I think that aswell, I see Markov as a consistant performer, not as a guy with highs and lows. For sure he is one of the better Dman in the league.

Guest s.k 11
He'll have a few more goals this season,

Yeah because this year everyone passed the puck to Souray because he had a better shot, I think this year he will shoot more especially on the PP.

Guest Maniaque

He needs to go towards the net, or he'll never score. As you know Markov doesnt have a slapshot, only a wrist shot. From the blue line, that's not exactly a surefire way to score. I hope he'll support the attack more often than before. He's really good at positionning himself for a one-timer.

Guest s.k 11
He needs to go towards the net, or he'll never score. As you know Markov doesnt have a slapshot, only a wrist shot. From the blue line, that's not exactly a surefire way to score. I hope he'll support the attack more often than before. He's really good at positionning himself for a one-timer.

Markov likes to pass the puck off instead of shooting it himself.

Archived