The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

79 Andrei Markov 06-07

jl-1

Guest Maniaque
Markov likes to pass the puck off instead of shooting it himself.

I was actually responding to you. It would be nice if he would compensate a little for Souray's loss. I wont mind if he only feeds others, but I would like to see more of his short trips towards the net.

He needs to go towards the net, or he'll never score. As you know Markov doesnt have a slapshot, only a wrist shot.

Markov has a pretty hard shot actually...he just doesn't get it on target all the time.

Markov has a pretty hard shot actually...he just doesn't get it on target all the time.

remember that goal againts the bruins with 1.02 second left to the game.that was a pretty strong wrist shoot top corner.

• 3 weeks later...

I was watching him closely today

Wow this guy is good, hes very strong on the puck, he even plays physical, him+ komi were in syd the kids face all night, and he has amazing passes

A+

thank you markov for staying in montreal. what a start to the season! was he on fire tonight. awesome physical presence without being careless. two penalties, fine, but watching him get in crosby's face on the ice and in the box was priceless.

welcome back markov!

thank you markov for staying in montreal. what a start to the season! was he on fire tonight. awesome physical presence without being careless. two penalties, fine, but watching him get in crosby's face on the ice and in the box was priceless.

welcome back markov!

i totally agree, seems like he came out of his shell :D

...the A on his jersey looks pretty fine too, i hope he keeps it for the regular season :)

Guest Tony Montana

yea i totaly agree with what you guys are saying. He played amaizing tongiht and yes i am pretty positive i saw him make 2 big hits lol. As i was saying all last season this guy is the real deal, top nhl d! Not many players see the ice like him, as for Komi wow i thnk hamerlik gonan be our number 3 guy cuz Markov and Komi def our 1 2 punch they complement eachother perfectly :). Markov-KOmi

Hamerlik-streit

Boullion-O'burn or however u spell it if he continues well in camp our 7 d shuold be brisbois and i feel the service of dandenault no longer required. Im starting to feel a really good D core coming and i havent seen this in years for montreal. All cuz of 1 guy Mr Andrei Markov :)

did anyone watch online tonight? i didn't see the game but i listened to it on cjad.

sounded like markov did alright keeping the puck in the zone on the pp but that's to say that was the only time i heard his name mentioned...

other than that it sounded like danis was the only solid player on the ice tonight.

Man is he good out there, constantly intercepted passes last night in front of the net and in the high slot, he didn't even take a second he would just fire a pass out to someone and catch everyone flat footed even his own players haha.

He threw a couple awesome hits, especially the one on Campoli, that was thunderous.

I can't believe no one is talking about Markov's superb performance last night, yet another outing that is well deserving of the contract he recieved. He was a beast against Boston, he was defensively awesome, scored a beauty, played over 25 minutes of the game.

He is doing exactly what we hoped, getting better, this guy looks like he will be even better than he was last year, which will deliver amazing results.

Our team has greatly improved

We have markov who will play his 25-30 mins a game, we have replaced our biggest defense liabilty in sourray with hammer, We have gotten rid of Abbeshir, who @ was best a ok goalie

Our defense is stronger, our goalies are stronger.

With our offense, we have 4-5 young guys who keep improving with each season, so you'd assume that our offense is better aswell.

We should be looking @ a good season this year

I can't believe no one is talking about Markov's superb performance last night, yet another outing that is well deserving of the contract he recieved.

either

it becomes redundant to always praise him

or

we're just too proud to talk about it

;)

man, was he good.

I can't believe no one is talking about Markov's superb performance last night, yet another outing that is well deserving of the contract he recieved. He was a beast against Boston, he was defensively awesome, scored a beauty, played over 25 minutes of the game.

He is doing exactly what we hoped, getting better, this guy looks like he will be even better than he was last year, which will deliver amazing results.

I was hopping if it came between keeping him and #44 that we'd keep markov. The next nick lidstrom. Go HABS

damn that ppppp key.

i, for one, notice , i'm amazed every time, one may wonder if he uses a gps for his passes B)

taken last evening (pardon the protective net):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v662/dan...70927/01x79.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v662/dan...70927/02x79.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v662/dan...70927/03x79.jpg

Archived