The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

40 Maxim Lapierre 06-07

natey2k4

Guest natey2k4

You've got some big shoes to fill if Bonk is indeed out, but I have a feeling you can do it! Keep up the great work from Hamilton and people may even start saying.. Chipchura.. WHO?!

Guest natey2k4

Some stats on Lapierre...

06-07 Season (w/ Hamilton Bulldogs)

Games - 5

Goals - 3

Assists - 1

Points - 4

PIM - 14

05-06 Season (w/ Hamilton Bulldogs & Montreal Canadiens)

Games - 74 (including 1 With Montreal)

Goals - 13

Assists - 23

Points - 36

PIM - 214

NHL Games - 1 (2005-2006)

Drafted - 2nd Round, 61st Overall in 2003 by the Montreal Canadiens.

Position - Center

Shoots - Right

Height - 6'2

Weight - 199-201

Guest natey2k4
Oh, you'd think they'd call up Chipchura.

Why? They both have played great hockey in Hamilton and Lappy has had a game in the NHL already.

It'd suck to call Chippy up for 1 game (or maybe none if Bonk ends up being good to go).

Oh, you'd think they'd call up Chipchura.

I think Lapierre is better than Chipchura so it was a good choice. Just think of him as a Begin type player but bigger and more skillful with the puck.

Guest natey2k4
I think Lapierre is better than Chipchura so it was a good choice. Just think of him as a Begin type player but bigger and more skillful with the puck.

Lappy and Chippy are practially the same player.. Lappy just has more development.

TSN..

cool thanks

Montreal Canadiens: Centre Radek Bonk left practice on Sunday with back spasms and is questionable for Monday's game against the Buffalo Sabres. The Canadiens have called up centre Maxim Lapierre from Hamilton of the AHL. Cristobal Huet will get the call in goal for Montreal, while Ryan Miller will start for Buffalo. - RDS

Guest SuperHabsFan
Some stats on Lapierre...

06-07 Season (w/ Hamilton Bulldogs)

Games - 5

Goals - 3

Assists - 1

Points - 4

PIM - 14

05-06 Season (w/ Hamilton Bulldogs & Montreal Canadiens)

Games - 74 (including 1 With Montreal)

Goals - 13

Assists - 23

Points - 36

PIM - 214

NHL Games - 1 (2005-2006)

Drafted - 2nd Round, 61st Overall in 2003 by the Montreal Canadiens.

Position - Center

Shoots - Right

Height - 6'2

Weight - 199-201

nice, that's what I was searching for

does anyone has his +/- stats?

From www.canadiens.com

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/redirect...newsItemID=5281

The reason why he'd be called up over Chipchura is that Chipchura has zero NHL experience and still needs serious development, much like Latendresse. When a top guy on the team goes down, you want someone that isn't new to the big scene.

I didn't realize he was putting up those kind of numbers with the 'Dogs this season, that's great for him. That said, I don't expect to see him put up any points here; just create some energy, throw some checks, and be defensively sound. If he can do that, we'll be able to say he's done his job.

Guest shanahan1024

Lappy and CHips are not the same player, they have similarities in the way they play, but Chips is more of a playmaker and Maxim is more hard nosed. Maxim scores alot of goals by going hard to the net, and hes never afraid to throw a big hit or fight. He had 214PM's last year in hamilton.

He wwas my fav guy to watch last year in hamilton and I think he'll fit in nicely on the 4th line with Murray and Latendresse. Or if he plays Line 3 he can keep up with Perez and Johnson.

Guest natey2k4
Trust me guys, in 2-3 years

Chipchura and Lapierre are going to be the 3rd and 4th line centers for us, and were going to love it, which one on which line is up to carbo

Which makes you wonder.. where does that leave Aubin and Grabbers? Because we know for sure Saku will still be here, and Plekanec as well.

Guest natey2k4
nice, that's what I was searching for

does anyone has his +/- stats?

Last year in Hamilton, one a team that didn't make the playoffs Lapierre was +/- of 0 (Even).

This year, in 5 games, he's a +2.

Guest StratfordStreak

I met him last year. He's a real nice kid. Was great with my 4 year old.

My wife says his looks will make you girls forget all about Theodore. lol

Call me crazy, but I think he is going to score tonight. Good luck Max.

Hey thats not that weird. Even if he never goes on to score another NHL goal in his life, guys seem to be pumped for their first game up.

And I like the looks of this guy. Chippy will probably be the better player down the road, but Lapierre is farther along in his development.

Archived