The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mantracker on OLN

Guest J Haul

I just started a new job as assistant editor on OLN's top rated show "Mantracker". For those who've seen it, I'd love to hear some feedback. For those who haven't, WATCH IT! :D

I just started a new job as assistant editor on OLN's top rated show "Mantracker". For those who've seen it, I'd love to hear some feedback. For those who haven't, WATCH IT! :D
I love the show it's great. Man tracker is very good at what he does, although they need to put more bush savy people up against him. All in all tho a great show and one i watch regularly.

Now sign me up so i can lose him and leave him scratching his head. :}

What the heck is mantracker?  It sounds like it should be on the pride channel.

hahaha no... its kinda a wilderness, reality show. It's on the Outdoor Life Network.

They just finished a 15 hour marathon in which they showed every episode form season 1 and so now they are on a short break getting geared up for season 2. I'll post a schedule as soon as its released.

I love the show it's great. Man tracker is very good at what he does, although they need to put more bush savy people up against him. All in all tho a great show and one i watch regularly.

Now sign me up so i can lose him and leave him scratching his head. :}

Thanks for the input. Glad to hear you're a fan. If you want to sign up you can do so through the website. Season 2 is all booked up though, so you may have to wait for season 3 casting to roll around. I'll let you know when the application link is back on the website. I hope I'm allowed to post a link to the show, as I'm not trying to "advertise", but simply provide information that was requested. Here it is for those that are interested....

http://www.mantracker.ca/

and heres OLN canada's site (for show schedule)

http://www.tsn.ca/oln/

Guest BigSheldon44

That show is sick. I would be caught in a matter of 30 minutes, the guy is truly good at his job. There is one thing that i always wonder about when watching the show, you know when the people who are trying to get away from him are hiding someplace and they are talking to the camera at the same time, it would totally suck if these people got caught due to them seeing the cameraman. I only watch the show by fluke i dont kno the times or anything but whenever i do catch it on i watch it, so watch the show its top notch!

• 4 months later...
Guest J Haul
That sounds like a cool job (I guess this post is a few months old now). So is this show Canadian (just on OLN), or is it also on Versus (OLN in the USA, just changed the name)?

I think its only on the Canadian OLN right now.

I do have a little more information to pass along though. The new season isn't premiering until September (issues on OLN's end I believe). However, it will be worth the wait. There are a few changes from last year. Here are a few of them...

1. format has changed from half hour episodes to full hour episodes

2. its all shot High Definition now. Looks BEAUTIFUL

3. Contestants know have pre-existing relationships. (ie buddies, boyfriend/girlfriend, etc). Last year they were always strangers.

4. New locations. Some new spots make for interesting shows. The mountains is BC is one example.

Anyways, I'm sure I'm missing a bunch, but I can't give away too much. Keep your eyes peeled in September. ;)

Guest noob616
I just started a new job as assistant editor on OLN's top rated show "Mantracker". For those who've seen it, I'd love to hear some feedback. For those who haven't, WATCH IT! ;)

wait, you work on Mantracker? in that case :bow: :bow: :bow:

Guest 29Dryden29

There is 2 firefighters from London Ontario that are in the show not to sure when it airs so if you have any info on that episode it would be greatly appreciated.

Guest J Haul
There is 2 firefighters from London Ontario that are in the show not to sure when it airs so if you have any info on that episode it would be greatly appreciated.

I'll post as soon as I know more myself. I'd think September at the earliest, since thats when the season premieres.

Guest 29Dryden29
I'll post as soon as I know more myself. I'd think September at the earliest, since thats when the season premieres.

Ok thanks I appreciate it.

Guest 29Dryden29

Hey what happened to the man and woman who were in the Yukon did they get caught after they found the hunting cabin after they made them track through all the willows etc to make it tougher on the horses. I was watching it on my break but had to get back to work before the show ended and that was the last thing I saw they commented on this is 10:30 in the Yukon (it was still light outside) and they went into the cabin.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest J Haul
Hey what happened to the man and woman who were in the Yukon did they get caught after they found the hunting cabin after they made them track through all the willows etc to make it tougher on the horses. I was watching it on my break but had to get back to work before the show ended and that was the last thing I saw they commented on this is 10:30 in the Yukon (it was still light outside) and they went into the cabin.

Jim and Dara Lee maybe? Pretty sure they got caught, but not RIGHT after. Don't worry people, thats not a a spoiler. It was a re-run

Guest J Haul

Here's an update for all the fans.

1. The premiere date for 2nd season has been moved up from September to June 5th. thats GREAT news. September was far too long to wait.

2. 3rd season has already been picked up! I guess the higher ups were impressed with the first few episodes of 2nd season, so there will at least be a 3rd.

3. The website is all new and fancy and up to date. Check it out....

www.mantracker.ca

Guest J Haul

Its definitely Brent and Brian...

http://mantracker.ca/episodes.html

and it appears they are the 4th episode of 2nd season. Actually we're just nearing the end of that edit now. So being 4th episode, if I had to take an educated guess, I would say it'll likely premiere around June 26 and likely run a few times that week/weekend. But like I said, thats just a guess right now.

Guest noob616
Its definitely Brent and Brian...

http://mantracker.ca/episodes.html

and it appears they are the 4th episode of 2nd season. Actually we're just nearing the end of that edit now. So being 4th episode, if I had to take an educated guess, I would say it'll likely premiere around June 26 and likely run a few times that week/weekend. But like I said, thats just a guess right now.

how do they film the show? it makes no sense to me. if mantracker saw the heli taking those heli shots or a big ground camera the prey would be screwed.

Guest J Haul
how do they film the show? it makes no sense to me. if mantracker saw the heli taking those heli shots or a big ground camera the prey would be screwed.

Well obviously I can't give away too much but if you know anything about tv production its not all that difficult to imagine how things are done. First, the "prey" are given their own camera to shoot whatever they want. Also there is an "embedded" cameraman with them, who has been doing it a long time. Kinda like when the Iraq war started. He knows enough to not "give them away". There's also an "embedded" cameraman with Mantracker himself. Finally, any show like this does what you would call "recreates" after the contest is completed, just to give some extra beautiful shots to cut to. Its not as far fetched as some might think. Its a real game and once its over we take some "beauty shots". Hope that clears up some misconceptions.

Archived