The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

How old are our members here?

jl-1

Guest electron
Old enough to appreciate the Habs of the 70's and sad that you young pups never saw them play.

Best team ever (or should I add in their era?).

I couldn't agree more. Those were some exciting times. Will we ever see those days, again?

We've sure gone through some tough seasons since.

Guest Mustangpoirier4

i'm 19 TODAY! actually my birthday is today the 6th of october so i just turned 19, and i really hope the canadiens can beat the leafs in a game like the season ender last year were my montreal favorite ryder getting a hat-trick, plz plz plz lol always a hab fan, but at the same time growing up I always loved to Ducks cuz of the movies, so I was really happy to see the ducks win the stanley cup

Guest dhenry1234
i'm 19 TODAY! actually my birthday is today the 6th of october so i just turned 19, and i really hope the canadiens can beat the leafs in a game like the season ender last year were my montreal favorite ryder getting a hat-trick, plz plz plz lol always a hab fan, but at the same time growing up I always loved to Ducks cuz of the movies, so I was really happy to see the ducks win the stanley cup

Happy birthday!

I foresee a birthday win tonight!

Guest answer71

35 here.

I remember as a child my mother dancing on the coffee table when the habs scored. How can I not be a Hab fan! (she's still a big fan....just doesn't dance around as much )

I'm 50, and spent part of my childhood in Montreal. I remember lots of Stanley Cup wins by the Canadiens, especially the four in a row in the late seventies. I hope to see more and would like to see Montreal get past the New York Yankees and claim most Championships by a professional sports team again.

Guest habfan in leafland

27 and counting for me. I've been a Habs fan since birth.

I never got to watch that many games when growing up in Ontario, but every night when i was supposed to be in bed i'd be listening to the radio. (the french station 800 or 860 i believe) I got in so much trouble everytime Montreal scored and i started cheering and jumping up and down... :D

Well, I don't mind telling my age. I will be 62 in Nov. and have seen 13 Cup wins by the Habs :P . My eldest daughter (39) is also a Habs fan and we both have the Habs logo tattooed. :D

John

Guest ComeBackStanley
35 here.

I remember as a child my mother dancing on the coffee table when the habs scored. How can I not be a Hab fan! (she's still a big fan....just doesn't dance around as much )

its ok if she doesn't dance around as much. i'm sure i'm doing enough dancing for pretty much everyone on the boards to cover it as well as other otherwise idiodic things such as jumping, throwing my arms in the air, and sometimes possibly screaming :P only for the habs though. i'm glad your mom is a big fan though :D

Guest Miltie01
Well, I don't mind telling my age. I will be 62 in Nov. and have seen 13 Cup wins by the Habs :P . My eldest daughter (39) is also a Habs fan and we both have the Habs logo tattooed. :D

John

WOW... that is alot of Habs hockey !!!!

I wish I could have been around to enjoy those great teams in the 50's and 60's.

48 years old. The first game I ever went to was a 1968 Playoff win over the St Louis Blues. Habs have won 14 cups in my lifetime, I was old enough to cheer 12 of them, with the 1970-71 being my favorite win and maybe my favorite all time Habs team.

My all time favorite Habs; Plante, Dryden, Couroyer, Bealiveau, Lemaire, Pete Mahovolich, Vachon (met them all but Plante)...Hopefully I'll add Price & Huet to that list soon :-) ***Guys I never saw play but was lucky enough to meet briefly; Rocket & Boomer***

Guest old-time Habs fan

You'll have to guess at my age,

but suffice it to say,

I watched Elmer Lach and Maurice

in my day!

A grandfather of hockey,

and of a sweet seven,

and, yes, you have guessed it,

on the near-side of heaven!

• 6 months later...

Wow, I thought I replied to this thread earlier, but I guess not. I'll be 36 on Oct 3rd.

Been a Habs fan pretty much since birth, but not really a serious stats-following, game-watching/listening, ref-yelling fan until after the lockout (around the same time I found this forum). Watched the 86, 89 and 93 finals though. I grew up in Chateaugauy PQ in the 70's and remember trading hockey cards with guys like Dryden, Lafleur and Cournoyer on them...

I am 21 (22 next week) and have loved the NHL my whole life. As I'm not from North america I didnt have a favourite team as such until 3 years ago until I worked in a summer camp in upstate New York. On my days off I would travel over the border to Montreal and fell in love with the city (partly as my GF is from there too). But after spending so much time there I have developed a huge passion for the Habs as beforehand I had no ties to any NHL teams but now I do. I'm coming back next month and I may very well end up living in Montreal? My first game was this season in February vs Columbus, sadly it was a loss but I plan on returning many times in the future!

Lets go Habs

That makes you and I the same age you old blast of wind from the backend - LOL. Did you also know that Sam Pollock was on the original expansion committee, and won for the Habs first pick from the Quebec region for a couple years. This is where we got Rejean Houle and Tardiff from.

Count me in on this era too........although my first hockey card was Terry Harper from the Bobby Orr rookie set (too bad I didn't have that one!!!!!) I always liked Tardif a lot and was sorry when we lost him to the WHA!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Actually I may be the oldest female on the block - I am 49 - I did have a Bobby Orr Rookie card -but being the great hab fan I was and still am- I put in in the spokes of my bike(also did that with an Espo card. (after all they were the enemy!!!!!) oops. ;) I was upset with losing Tony Espo to the Blackhawks (expansion draft) - but got over it in 1971, :rolleyes:

Archived