The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Wii vs. PS3 vs. XBOX 360

mickeyjd

Guest LeAfS sUcK ~1967~

compare the three new gaming systems, i dont know much about them, discuss what one u have. would suggest, post reviews, etc.

wii- cheapest of three, new controler that does what u do, example if you stab it in a fighting game the character will do the same, if you swing it in baseball the char dos it to. by nintendo

ps3- most expensive, best machine, dont know if its worth the money and if its really that much better. by sony

xbox 360- has been out longest, so far has best games, will have halo 3!

by microsoft.

Guest LeAfS sUcK ~1967~

does anyone own any of these?

and i dont think the ps3 will be much better because game makers wont be able to use all the hardware to its full potential

the 360 well that's just there for no reason

I'll give you two - Gears of War (if you're into big guns & astonishing graphics), Viva Pinata (if you're into sim-like games and.. well, astonishing graphics). I'm not a big fan of Microsoft but right now, I'd certainly pick X360 over PS3 just because of the quality Xbox games out there.

Guest Alex-Habsfan23
does anyone own any of these?

and i dont think the ps3 will be much better because game makers wont be able to use all the hardware to its full potential

I have the Wii.

Guest ribz&ryder_connexion

I'd take the one best for sport games. Although I've been told that the 360 is like having a second PC I just can't resist NHL 07 and FIFA 07! I'm still stuck in my decision!

I like the XBOX 360, the Wii IMO won't be good for most sports game, the PS3 costs too much for a game system(and the stupid tilt control), it just seems like the XBOX will be the best sports games system, and it will have some nice shooters on the side.

Guest ChriS_HigGinS#1

I played NBA 2007 on PS3 and it's terrible. The players and court are so glossy. And while I was playing there were alot of times where a player would go through another 1. It's all about the Wii!!!

Guest NothingGreater

What do graphics mean to you honestly?

I can play Super Mario Bros. 3 just as much as any other fancy new console, and i'll probably have just as much fun. Gaming should be about fun, not whos got the best looking graphics, but sadly thats how its looked at by some of the bigger companies.

I play games to have fun and have a great expierence, the Wii is the most intelligent choice as it offers such a great new dimension.

I have a 360 (roomates) and a Wii (me) and the Wii (other than Halo 2) is by far 1000x better IMO.

Guest LeAfS sUcK ~1967~

ya im think about the wii

i owned a gamecube then i traded in and got an xbox and i didnt think one was better than the other.

and i would save a ton of money on the wii.

the only thing is i dont know how good the wii controlers work.

nothing greater, what games do u have for the wii, and how do you like the new controller

Guest - Tonio -
What do graphics mean to you honestly?

I can play Super Mario Bros. 3 just as much as any other fancy new console, and i'll probably have just as much fun. Gaming should be about fun, not whos got the best looking graphics, but sadly thats how its looked at by some of the bigger companies.

I play games to have fun and have a great expierence, the Wii is the most intelligent choice as it offers such a great new dimension.  

I understand what you mean...games are only to entertian. Personally i'd take Super Mario, NBA jam, exitebike and NHL 97 over games like Halo anyday...

Guest Alex-Habsfan23
ya im think about the wii

i owned a gamecube then i traded in and got an xbox and i didnt think one was better than the other.  

and i would save a ton of money on the wii.

the only thing is i dont know how good the wii controlers work.

nothing greater, what games do u have for the wii, and how do you like the new controller

The new controller is pretty awesome, and not as hard to use as I thought it would be. Zelda: Twilight Princess is a really good game to get used to it with, and the Wii Sports game that's included with the Wii itself.

I own a 360 and I only play online. The whole new dimension XBOX live for 360 offers with respect to player cards and their whole system of matching make online gaming much more fun, relevant and complete.

I have seen the Wii and it looks interesting, but I'm not sure how smooth the new technology will work out (with respect to the controller). Usually high tech things like this need a second edition to work out the kinks.

In any case, if you're someone who likes to play online (I swear by GRAW and 2K7) 360 is something to be considered carefully. They have put a lot of effort in to improving online play with this machine.

Guest BadBrains

Alot of people seem to be worried about the lack of games for the PS3. That's true at this point, but take a look at the PS2 and what game designers did with that system once they learned what it could do. Take Grand Theft Auto, for example. When the first one came out for PS2 I thought it was the best game ever made in terms of graphics, and the fact you could play for hours and still find new parts of the city. Compare that to what they did with GTA: San Andreas. The difference is nuts. MUCH bigger city, much better graphics and so on. As the PS2 got older, the system stayed the same but the games got much better.

Once the game designers unlock the full potential of the PS3 it will blow the 360 out of the water. It's processor is 40 times more powerful than the 360.

The Wii is really cool, but as someone said, it's great for fun party type games and isn't competing with the same buyers that the PS3 and 360 are. Nintendo has catered towards a younger base for years now.

XBOX 360 hands down.....GEARS OF WAR !

wii is for kids....silly rabbit

PS3 is a major joke atm...will get better down the road but as it was a VERY BAD launch!!!!!

Guest sportsfreak_39

Apparently, theers reports that b/c of the Wii's controllers weak sewat-esistency, the controllers are flying out of the hands of some owners. Theres even a video fo a tv screen beraking while a owner is playing a tennis game.

Apparently, theers reports that b/c of the Wii's controllers weak sewat-esistency, the controllers are flying out of the hands of some owners. Theres even a video fo a tv screen beraking while a owner is playing a tennis game.

My friend was saying there's already been 400 cases, you just have to look at the wire holding it. You get a bit of sweat on the palms, loosen up, and it flies like a weapon. They designed so poorly as if it's only for dropping.

Alot of people seem to be worried about the lack of games for the PS3. That's true at this point, but take a look at the PS2 and what game designers did with that system once they learned what it could do. Take Grand Theft Auto, for example. When the first one came out for PS2 I thought it was the best game ever made in terms of graphics, and the fact you could play for hours and still find new parts of the city. Compare that to what they did with GTA: San Andreas. The difference is nuts. MUCH bigger city, much better graphics and so on. As the PS2 got older, the system stayed the same but the games got much better.

Once the game designers unlock the full potential of the PS3 it will blow the 360 out of the water. It's processor is 40 times more powerful than the 360.

The Wii is really cool, but as someone said, it's great for fun party type games and isn't competing with the same buyers that the PS3 and 360 are. Nintendo has catered towards a younger base for years now.

PS3 is overdubbed and they added so much to it it will be impossible to sell to the average customer like me.

They have lost a monstrous market to 360 and Wii already, besides, XBox did release Vice City and San Andreas as well, so that argument is pretty weak for reason to choose PS3.

Guest 11Koivu

Its taken the XBOX360 a year to come out with games yet you are comparing it with the ps3's launch titles.

Id give the ps3 more time before we can compare it to the xbox360.

The wii is new and to me its more like playing PC games since you really only need to twitch your wrist instead of doing the whole movement. People will discover that, start using it and then if you do the whole movement you'll be put at a disadvantage.

To me right now its XBOX360 and in a year it should be the Ps3 (God of war 3 anyone?)

Archived