The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Andre Benoit

Scott92

Guest .scott.

Andre Benoit was great on the rangers. and now that he's signed a 3 year deal with the habs, he could get his chance. he's now 22 i believe, and he still has some time. he just needs to work for it more. and btw, he scored in his first AHL game.

Guest .scott.

Andre Benoit added another goal to his stats as he gets the lone goal against the Omaga Ak-Sar-Ben's on Tuesday night.

Andre Benoit had two shots, and was -1 in the lost.

Guest .scott.

Just to let you guys know, Andre Benoit also played with now NHLers Derek Roy, Steve Eminger, Gregory Campbell, Petr Kanko and Mike Richards.

All of these players played for the Kitchener Rangers when they won the Memorial Cup in the year 2003.

• 5 months later...
Guest Hoser

I've never seen something like this... apparently the Habs brass pushed him into signing a one-year deal in Finland so he can go over to Europe and player on a larger ice surface so he can work on improving his vision. This isn't a sign of him leaving the organization or becoming an obsolete prospect, but it's certainly odd.

Guest habFAN
I've never seen something like this... apparently the Habs brass pushed him into signing a one-year deal in Finland so he can go over to Europe and player on a larger ice surface so he can work on improving his vision. This isn't a sign of him leaving the organization or becoming an obsolete prospect, but it's certainly odd.

well i hope you are right because it would be a shame to lose him like this

Guest Memo Gonzales

It totally was a big big surprise when i read the news about this transfer. The game is different here in Finland, especially because of the larger rink. If everything goes well, he'll absolutely be Tappara's number 1 defenseman. At least one thing is positive in this trade for myself, now I'll have a chance get his autograph to my Canadiens-cap, when his team comes to Jyvaskyla... :D

Guest swansee
It totally was a big big surprise when i read the news about this transfer. The game is different here in Finland, especially because of the larger rink. If everything goes well, he'll absolutely be Tappara's number 1 defenseman. At least one thing is positive in this trade for myself, now I'll have a chance get his autograph to my Canadiens-cap, when his team comes to Jyvaskyla... :D

Enjoy......he is a nice guy and a great player.......as he told me once......."I look like a coach but I'm a player".......hope you send him back to us in Hamilton or Montreal soon!

Guest Memo Gonzales

Tappara's head coach Rauli Urama has told to the press that Andre is going to have a significant role in the team next season. And most of their fans are ecstatic about the signing. There is a rejuvenation operation going on in Tappara after a disappointing last season, and most of their top players have moved on to greener pastures. Hopefully Andre will adapt himself to the finnish lifestyle and that way fulfill the expectations on the ice.

By the way, does Andre speak english?

Guest Greek Hab
By the way, does Andre speak english?

Although André has a traditional French last name...he was born in St. Albert, Ontario. So I'm sure he speaks English.

I hope this relocation makes his development move alot faster. Perhaps the Habs have big plans for André...and this new surrounding will speed up his skill. He's a great offensive d-man and can also hold the responsibility to protect his own end. From who the Habs drafted in d-men this season, which was a majority of 2 way defencemen, André is a good step ahead to reach the lineup soon. Below are André's stats;

GP G A PTS +/- PIM

70 7 19 26 -15 60 (2005-2006)

64 10 21 31 +15 41 (2006-2007)

22 2 11 13 13 22 (PLAYOFFS)

If you're wondering if we might loose André...he becomes a UFA in 2011-2012.

Guest montreal
He was offered a qualifying offer from the Habs. He's ours now.

That just means they keep his rights, he will be in Finland next year.

Guest FREDDYBEACH HAB
That just means they keep his rights, he will be in Finland next year.

I know that. It's just the Habs way of keeping him in the system while letting him develope somewhere else. Good move onsidering we can only have 50 players.

Guest FREDDYBEACH HAB
I just noticed Andre Benoit. Is he related to Former WWE Wrestler Chris Benoit? Or was Chris Benoit just his stage name?

Actually that was his real name.

Archived