The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Andre Benoit

Scott92

Guest Memo Gonzales

Andre scored his first two goals of the season today (third game of the season). The first came on powerplay, he went up to the net and received a great pass from right wing and directed the puck in. His second goal was a wonderful one-timer ten seconds before the horn, and that goal tied the game 2-2. His team, Tappara, then went on to win the game in overtime.

Andre hasn't showed anything great in the defensive zone, he has made quite many mistakes (the opponents' second goal today came after a pretty soft play by Andre...). But i guess that this is mainly due to the fact that he is just getting known to finnish lifestyle and the style of hockey in Finland, and today's game was a great sign of his skills. I believe that if he can keep his form in the offensive zone, it will also reflect to the defensive side of his game, as his self-confidence rises.

What do you think about converting him to a forward?

He's got too much of a defensive mind. He's great at clearing the puck, and is a solid on the PK.

He was great as a Dog. If I'm not mistaken he on was D-Pairing 1, PP and PK.

He's a smart player. I've seen him from the time he was in the OHL on the Kitchener Rangers, up until last season with the Dogs.

I think that the only reason he didn't make the NHL was a size issue. He's 5"11 and 197 pounds.

That's pretty small for a defenceman these days.

And thanks for the stats Talon. I should check up on him more.

Archived