The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

J T Wyman Thread

montreal_mtl

Guest montreal

Wyman has been on a roll of late. He's got 6 pts in the last 4 games, including 3 goals and 4 pts in 2 games this weekend. Another goal and he'd be tied for 2nd on the team in goals, not bad since he was playing defense for a couple weeks when injuries hit the team. I expected more from him this year but at least he's putting up the points now and playing in all situations. He's bulked up a fair bit since he was drafted, he's now around 6'2 212.

• 1 month later...

Excerpt from Hockeysfuture article

"Clarkson will meet #3 Dartmouth in their ECACHL semi-final match on Friday. The Big Green got all they could handle from #6 Princeton before sweeping the Tigers. The story of the weekend for Dartmouth was the outstanding performance of junior J.T. Wyman (MON). The Wayzata, MN native posted a combined five points (three goals, two assists), including both game-winners in the series to lead the Big Green."

link to the article http://hockeysfuture.com/articles/9500

• 3 months later...
Guest HabsUVM

I wonder if theres any chance of this kid skiping his senior season and playing for the bulldogs of cyclones next year. Ryan O'Byrne was playing in the same league as Wyman last here and we signed him early. I've seen him play a couple times and he seems like a big big kid with lots energy. He put up decent points last year.

Wyman can come out of nowhere. The NCAA is a good developmental league, he has size and scoring ability. He may turn out to be great for us yet. I'd like to know how many years of college he has left because we try and sign him and see how he does in the AHL.

Guest 1970 Habs
Wyman can come out of nowhere. The NCAA is a good developmental league, he has size and scoring ability. He may turn out to be great for us yet. I'd like to know how many years of college he has left because we try and sign him and see how he does in the AHL.

This was his third year at Dartmouth College. His stats are:

Season Team League GP G A PTS PIM

2004-05 Dartmouth College NCAA 33 5 6 11 4

2005-06 Dartmouth College NCAA 28 8 12 20 6

2006-07 Dartmouth College NCAA 33 13 11 24 20

Looks like he could move up but he would probably go to Cincinatti.

Guest montreal

With Dartmouth losing their top player in David Jones to the Avs, Wyman should be on the top line next year. I think he could handle turning pro cause he's big and plays a power game but then again I think returning to the NCAA would help him work on his offensive game as he should get a lot of ice time in all situations.

Archived