The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Cory Urquhart #10

madsprite18

Guest swansee

Glad to see him finally getting a chance after two or three times trying to get a spot in the past seasons. He had a great goal tonight (his first AHL I think) where he hit a guy, stole the puck, went to the net and scored with a nice move.......he also had an assist and has been one of the better players in the last two games.....they are using him at center......keep it up Cory!

• 2 months later...
Guest xe_liam88

Anyone else get the feeling that this was a coming out party for many of our prospects this year. Halak, Kostitsyn, Urquhart, Lapierre, White, Maxwell, Kostitsyn, Plekanec, Milroy all had career years this year. Did I miss any?

After seeing Urquhart for the first time last night I have to say that I was surprised at how good this kid is offensively. Seemed like he was always in the right position to get things going.

Guest xe_liam88

I have a feeling this guy will play the whole season in Hamilton next season and will be on Game 1 roster for the habs opening game in '08-'09 season. This year has been a good stepping stone for the Habs future.

Guest swansee

He has consistently been one of our better players this season.....hope he keeps it up against Grand Rapids or Manitoba.

• 2 months later...
Guest jennifer_rocket

Does anybody know anything about this kid? I see he's got some size, and we just resigned him. Does he have a future with our club, or is he a career AHLer?

Does anybody know anything about this kid? I see he's got some size, and we just resigned him. Does he have a future with our club, or is he a career AHLer?
At just 22 there is still an opportunity either with the Habs or another organization even though he has been up and down between the Dogs and the ECHL (Ryder played there at one point if I'm not wrong)... could be a late bloomer ;)

Guest 1970 Habs
At just 22 there is still an opportunity either with the Habs or another organization even though he has been up and down between the Dogs and the ECHL (Ryder played there at one point if I'm not wrong)... could be a late bloomer ;)

I have to agree with you here. A full season in the AHL this year will tell for sure. Though right now I believe he is a 3rd/4th line player and the Habs system have lots of those guys.

I have to agree with you here. A full season in the AHL this year will tell for sure. Though right now I believe he is a 3rd/4th line player and the Habs system have lots of those guys.
This year will be his last shot to prove he can be NHL material in the near future... it may be the incentive he needs and the chance to mature on and off the ice playing for the Dogs. He ges to move up in the line-up maybe if other players come to the habs don't forget.

Archived