The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

The nicest canadien goalie mask

WantMoreCups

Guest WantMoreCups

Hey i unno if theres already a thread on this but who do u think had the nicest goalie helmet ever to play for the habs.(if theres already a thread on this on of the mods can more it or delete it or w.e )

Guest Miltie01
I believe it was Jeff Hacket who had his two kids on it

wicked sweet!

Jeff Hacket had characters from the short film based on the story by Roche Carrier called The Sweater . A wonderful story and if you have not read it or seen the cartoon definately do !! I like that mask the best just for that reason.

Guest thefooligan5

I always loved Patrick Roy's simple stripes and habs symbol mask ..

maybe it is because I idolized the hell out of him when I was growing up but I guess now that I have grown into a quasi-adult, I can say that I very much appreciate the simplicity of the mask which was worn by one of the best goaltenders ever to play the game ..

Seems a lot of fantastic (modern era) goalies have pretty muted masks .. they let their play speak for itself ..

Brodeur, Dryden, Fuhr, Vernon, Hasek, Osgood, etc.

Although the days of the simple mask are nearly gone, I usually enjoy a simple idea more than the mish-mash, overdone designs a lot of the new goaltenders have ..

Guest WantMoreCups

Well i only been into hockey like a mad man for a year and a half now(i was a fan since i was boarring but nevver really fallowed it like i do today) so i only remeber theo , huet and abbys (and halak) and i like halaks the most and huets git history on it so i like that 1 too.

Guest raydourque

I actually liked Andre Racicots mask because it was one of the only habs masks besides Dryden's that had a lot of white in it rather than use red as the background. JC Bergerons was interesting as well because it looked like he was wearing a toque. Richard Sevigny's and Tomas Vokouns' also get a mention.

Guest GoHabsGo35

im getting a goalie mask painted if i get some extra money. Its going to say "Tim-ehh" on a quebec license plate like abbys. It will be bleu, blanc, and rouge. It will have a neon sign above the cage saying "Tricolore jusqu'au bout!". It will have a fleur de lis here and there. im also thinking of getting some painted images of "greatest habs moments" similar to what raycroft did to his only his is leafs history. On the back plate it will have a small quebec and canada flag and either the montreal skyline or the banners in the rafters. thoses and just some ideas. I thought it would be fun to finally get a custom mask as long as my travel team won't care.

Guest thefooligan5

Does anyone have the links to any pics of the lesser known goalie masks (Racicot, Bergeron etc etc ...)

I tried google but I couldn't find much on any of the goalie's beyond Roy, Dryden, Theodore, and the like ..

Guest NBHab
Jeff Hacket had characters from the short film based on the story by Roche Carrier called The Sweater . A wonderful story and if you have not read it or seen the cartoon definately do !! I like that mask the best just for that reason.

True but they were his children playing those characters.

Guest habs_fan1160

My favourite Canadiens goalie mask was Theodores.

My fav non-Canadian mask is the back-up goaltender for the Wild - with all the pink ribbons on it. He painted his mask to support his 26 yr old sister who is suffering from breast Cancer.

Sweet and has a meaning. ;)

Guest Captain Koivu#11

Yeah, I bought the book when I was a kid and I must say it is a great story. Makes for a cool goalie mask too.

Guest WantMoreCups

yeah we had to read the book in 7th grade or something... since i was one of the only hab fan in the class i was pretty happy.(from sudbury alot of epople like toronto....)

Archived