Birth Country: Canada, Kelowna

Year Drafted: 2002

Round Drafted:

Overall Choice:

2006/07 Compensation: $450,000.00

HF scouting Report on Josh

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/josh_gorges

Talent Analysis

Despite being only 6'0" 180 pounds, Gorges does like to play the physical game. A solid two-way defenseman at the WHL level, Gorges is undersized by NHL standards.

A solid skater with adequate speed, Gorges is a good puckmoving defenseman who's effective on the power play with a decent point shot and playmaking abilities.

A hard-working player with intensity, Gorges can verbally or by example.

Future

Long term, Gorges has the distinct possibility of becoming the Sharks third puckmoving defenseman. Despite a willingness to play the physical game, a lack of size will likely prevent Gorges from becoming more than a fourth or fifth defenseman who's able to fill in higher if needed.

TSN Scouting Report

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/...ame=nhl-sharks

Assets: Makes the most of his ability and usually limits the mistakes in the defensive zone. Is a quality teammate with sound work ethic.

Flaws:Is extremely limited in the offensive zone. Doesn't use his size nearly enough. Lacks foot speed along the backline.

Career potential: No. 6 or 7 defenseman.

Guest raydourque

I've rarely noticed the guy out here in the West Coast...Josh who? Maybe he will make his presence with the habs. I hope he doesn't turn out as soft as Traverse.

Honestly, I'd rather have him on the blueline than Niinimaa(sorry JL), Dandenault(sorry JL) and Bouillon(sorry...JL) right now, and I don't even know who this guy is, but apparently he's sound defensively.

Put him with Komisarek.

I'm a bit worried about the "lacks foot speed" part of TSN's scouting report, but hey, it's TSN. Take it with a huge grain of salt. The key words here are puck-moving defenceman, people. If this guy has the vision to get the attack started quickly with a good outlet pass, he's already given us a good return for the trade.

Guest jimdubbs
I'm a bit worried about the "lacks foot speed" part of TSN's scouting report, but hey, it's TSN. Take it with a huge grain of salt. The key words here are puck-moving defenceman, people. If this guy has the vision to get the attack started quickly with a good outlet pass, he's already given us a good return for the trade.

agreed, since markov and streit are the only other people we have who can do that, unlke some who just slapshot it down the ice!;)

I've been listening to some San Jose fans talk about him, and, with that and what I've seen of him, I still think of him as Marek Malik minus a few years of experiance. Good positionally, but soft and not very strong and just gets pushed out of the way, with little offense to speak of... hopefully he can play better then Boullion though...

ok, hows this kids contract work,

Is he officially on our team, or can we put him in the bulldogs for a bit, let him test the waters there and then call him up?

Or is he only with us, and if we want to sit him we pretty much have to put him in the pressbox like we do with nini?

my money would be on him taking rivet's place beside souray

22 years of age and has potential? sound defensively and can get the attack going? put him with souray.

markov-komi

souray-gorges

hmmm

-Matt

Id be interested in learning  

How many years he has on his current contract.

Id like to know this

Round Drafted:  

Overall Choice:  

And i would like to know if its a 2 way contract, or is he soley on the habs team?

Meaning can we put him in the bulldogs or not?

He's undrafted, and I have no idea what his contract situation is.

Welcome to the Habs, Georges!

Hopefully the media won't have a field day with him...

not for a few years or unless he does something stupid

nice sig by the way:thumb:

-Matt

Guest cup crazy88

Well if hes sound defensively and doesn't make mistake in the defensive end, sounds sort of like rivet, not the fastest guy either. As long as not all his point shots get blocked or he makes a bunch of bad break out passes then we will not feel Rivets loss on the blue...

Archived