The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Michael Leighton

natey2k4

Guest natey2k4

This kid isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be. Boucher is a more experienced goalie, but Leighton is still a young player. He'll give us good depth if Aebischer decides to leave us this summer.

Good luck here, Michael.

Guest natey2k4
Good Luck in Hamilton, hopefully he can muster up some kind of competiton down there for some playing time once Danis is back, i'm not expecting much, just some goaltending depth for the season.

I really think he's going to be playing here. Or at least get a shot. Especially if Halak doesnt play well tonight, consider Leighton has to be with us for awhile before he cant be sent down.

Guest habinto
I really think he's going to be playing here. Or at least get a shot. Especially if Halak doesnt play well tonight, consider Leighton has to be with us for awhile before he cant be sent down.

I think that he cannot play in the AHL without being placed on waiver so Halak is going to go back to the AHL when Leighton arrives.

I think Halak should be our #1 goalie until he drops the ball

Guest natey2k4

Some stats on Leighton;

25 Years Old

6'3

192 LBS

47 Career NHL Games

Career .900% Save Percentage

Career 3.04 Goals Agaisnt Average

Only Semi-Full NHL season was 2003-2004

34 Games Played

2.99 GAA

.900% SP

4 of his 5 AHL Campaigns were amazing

Save Percentages of;

.888%

.921%

.926%

.912%

.920%

and Goals Against Average of;

Maybe this kid deserves a little bit more respect than he's getting. His horrible stats this year can be put on his poor team. (Niittymaki is a good goalie..)

GO LEIGHTON!

Guest habinto
Some stats on Leighton;

25 Years Old

6'3

192 LBS

47 Career NHL Games

Career .900% Save Percentage

Career 3.04 Goals Agaisnt Average

Only Semi-Full NHL season was 2003-2004

34 Games Played

2.99 GAA

.900% SP

4 of his 5 AHL Campaigns were amazing

Save Percentages of;

.888%

.921%

.926%

.912%

.920%

and Goals Against Average of;

Maybe this kid deserves a little bit more respect than he's getting. His horrible stats this year can be put on his poor team. (Niittymaki is a good goalie..)

GO LEIGHTON!

I think that we need to let this kid show us his stuff before we make conclusions. You are right. I just liked what Halak showed to us.

Guest natey2k4
I think that we need to let this kid show us his stuff before we make conclusions.  You are right.  I just liked what Halak showed to us.

I'm not against Halak in anyway. I love Halak, he's my goalie in my fantasy pool for the future. But Leighton isn't as bad as everyone is saying. I know its probably because we didnt nothing else, but this guy has #1 potential in a few years. He's a good addition.

Guest habinto
I'm not against Halak in anyway. I love Halak, he's my goalie in my fantasy pool for the future. But Leighton isn't as bad as everyone is saying. I know its probably because we didnt nothing else, but this guy has #1 potential in a few years. He's a good addition.

You bring up a good point. a lot of flustered fans may be bashing him because he was the only player tradee today.

Guest Mustangpoirier4
I think that he cannot play in the AHL without being placed on waiver so Halak is going to go back to the AHL when Leighton arrives.  

I think Halak should be our #1 goalie until he drops the ball

other teams can still pcik players off waivers even after the trade deadline?? u sure bout that

Not sure if this has been posted as of yet, but i just looked on the boxscores

Seems like he will be number 49

# Not Playing Position G YTD* A YTD*  

6 JANNE NIINIMAA D 0 2  

15 SERGEI SAMSONOV LW 9 16  

21 CHRISTOPHER HIGGINS C 17 11  

49 MICHAEL LEIGHTON G - -

Where do you see that? Our official site doesn't have a number for him yet...

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/team/redirect...=habsRoster.cfm

Guest natey2k4
Click on the box scores for todays game.

Says who is sitting, they seem to have him as number 49, maybe it will change but i doubt it

He's been #49 his whole career, he won't be changing it.

Who thinks he gets a shot against the Sabres?

Archived