Guest stevesaku
How was Souray bad on D tonight?

And yeah,the Lightning are going to trade the top goal man in the league.:roll:

he wasnt..souray played great.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MTL_RULES

On a night like tonight, you expect that every man on the ice take one for the team, put the team's well being way infront of your own. We played an overall pretty good game, a few penalties killed us.

Guest stevesaku
BG needs to get rid of some of the floaters and bring up some of the young guys so they can develop.

Was this the last game in a Habs jersey for Bonk, Johnson, Souray, Markov, Kovalev? Only time will tell.

Trade Kovy for picks. His usefulness to the Habs is over.

Go Islanders

if gainey manages to get a first round pick for kovalev...id freak.

Guest Habsy1
So you're saying the slashing call on Begin(NOT THE HIGHSTICKING) was not a horrible call?  And the Koivu tripping, again not a HORRIBLE call.  I'm not even saying you think they're decent, I'm saying you think they AREN'T HORRIBLE?  Because they definently were.

You know what, the officiating is bad every night... that's the NHL for you and every team has to get used to it. All I'm saying is that this season wasn't lost all on this particular game. It was lost in January and February.

Guest matedwa
Sign Ryan Smyth or Lecav.  We need a man with a heart of fire.  Higgins played like that tonight, but I can think of 4.5 million dollars of salary that was INVISIBLE.

lecav is not a free agent

Guest Habsy1
who isnt. im done with playoff hockey. not worth watching it.:cry:

Amen. No Habs, no Habsy1 watching the playoffs. Hockey season is over, on to F1 and baseball!

Guest KovalevMTL
Sign Ryan Smyth or Lecav.  We need a man with a heart of fire.  Higgins played like that tonight, but I can think of 4.5 million dollars of salary that was INVISIBLE.

Its rediculous to think we will get players like that, It aint going to happen. We will NEVER see Briere, Lecavalier, or Ryan Smyth.

Guest stevesaku
And i also want to say thanks to steve begin and Saku koivu for taking selfish penalties at the wrong time in the game.

the begin penalty hurt us...not koivu. he barely touched little girl welwood. and saku got 3 assists...with the amount of ice time begin got i think he should of at least did something on the score sheet.

Guest habfreak
Check how much a 20 goal, 75 pts guy gets on average in this league  

Not 5 million$ that's for damn sure

also check what kinda system those teams play...Koivu's $4.5 million is the least of our worries in the off season. Sammy, Kovy, Niinima, Aebischer...need i go any further?

Guest KORDIC3131
So you're saying the slashing call on Begin(NOT THE HIGHSTICKING) was not a horrible call?  And the Koivu tripping, again not a HORRIBLE call.  I'm not even saying you think they're decent, I'm saying you think they AREN'T HORRIBLE?  Because they definently were.

Begin broke the Leaf player's stick with a slash.It has been called all year and when you put your stick between a players leg (the can opener) and they fall it has been called all year.Can we stop blaming the refs.We sound like sucks and even worse Leaf fans.

Guest stevesaku
Its rediculous to think we will get players like that, It aint going to happen. We will NEVER see Briere, Lecavalier, or Ryan Smyth.

now the crazy talk will commence.

Guest MTL_RULES
if souray is going to get a plus $5m per year deal stay away, i would like to have him back but not at that price.

He will get 5 mil plus. Especially for reaching that milestone. Look at what Blake still makes in LA, they'd definently offer Souray close to that.

Blake makes 6 million, from TSN.ca.

Guest ram84

Man this has to be the worst saturday ever. I dont want to see begin in a habs uniform, what a dumb penalty. Selfish. And I really cant stand CBC so bias, especially cherry cant stand that guy.

Guest St. B. Voyageur
It was all Begin and Koivu's fault if you ask me

Those were very questionable calls. The Leaf forwards dove all game, as they always do. You knew the refs weren't going to make easy for us in Toronto. But did anyone see our forwards diving to block shots on the PP, I sure didn't. They make good screens though. I've trashed Ryder a lot this year, but I'll tell you he sure had a lot or heart in the 2nd. He Koivu and Higgins get my game beers, and a thumbs up to the whole defense for diving around like maniacs when they had to. I think we saw a lot about this team tonight. How do we get rid of Kovalev? Maybe Washington is dumb enough to take him?

I honestly believe that the turning point of the game was Carbonneau putting Kovalev-Lapierre-Latendresse out with a two goal lead. That's just plain dumb when you're other three lines are all on fire, and you've got two rookies (Latendresse shouldn't have even been dressed for this game) and a floater out there, who should have been -3 each in the 1st, and wham bam, it's 5-4 and the momentum was lost and never regained.

I'm also not sure about Huet winning us the big one if he's going on his knees that fast all the time. If he was praying, I don't think God heard him.

Archived