The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Habs @ Leafs | April 7th 2007 |

jl-1

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mike hawk
Life was so good just 1 hour ago, its amazing what can happen in the spam of 1 hour...

I feel so rotten....this feeling is horrible

don't tell me i feel exactly the same:shock:

Guest stevesaku

by the reaction of the players faces...the players that this lost hurt the most are higgins and ryder. these guys are hungry.

Guest Rainman
Exactly. The Buffalo Sabres were probably watching this game tonight and just laughing and licking their lips over the possibility of playing Montreal or Toronto.

I disagree. I honestly believe the Sabres wanted to play anyone but our boys. They're unsure if they could take the HABS in a series. Facing the Leafs w/either Raycroft or Aubin, or a DePietro-less Isles team is more palatable.

Moot point now...

GO HABS GO !!!

Guest MTL_RULES
Begin broke the Leaf player's stick with a slash.It has been called all year and when you put your stick between a players leg (the can opener) and they fall it has been called all year.Can we stop blaming the refs.We sound like sucks and even worse Leaf fans.

No he didn't. That's what the refs though it looked like. The CBC commentators said Begin DIDN'T slash his stick.

Guest Seipher05
You know what, the officiating is bad every night... that's the NHL for you and every team has to get used to it. All I'm saying is that this season wasn't lost all on this particular game. It was lost in January and February.

Exactly. Would it really have mattered if we squeeked into the playoffs? Yay for Toronto, they're (MAYBE) in, but the fact remains that both teams AREN'T THAT GOOD; Buffalo's gonna smoke TO just like they would've us.

A team that has to rely on its last 1-2 games of the season to get in isn't a good team. Montreal has some serious talent and commitment problems to deal with.

Guest TomTom

I can't believe Ryder only got the 2nd star!

3 goals under 6 minutes and he only gets 2nd star? The CBC and other media are so pro TO.

I don't mind losing to the Leafs because they are the Leafs I hate to lose to them because of the endless triumphalism of the Toronto based media. It's sickening.

Go Islanders

Unless the Habs sign some big time UFA's next season, a la shanahan or briere I'm not going to bother watching any game. I spent the better part of the year on the freakin couch supporting the Habs and the thank you I get is a 9th or 10th place team ?

Steve Begin has lost so much respect to my eyes, so much I hope he doesn't comeback next year... I will never forgive him for that dumb penalty he took at the end of the second.

It's a sad day for Habs nation and now the pen is in Gainey's office.

Guest ManDan
he wasnt..souray played great.

seemed like Souray was always on the ice for a Toronto goal...and was either checking the guy who scored or the guy who got the direct assist.

And isn't Lecav a UFA at years end? Papers in Edmonton are saying he wants to sign in Montreal because hes gonna be a UFA...maybe they r wrong?

Guest - Tonio -

3 goals under 6 minutes and he only gets 2nd star? The CBC and other media are so pro TO.

I don't mind losing to the Leafs because they are the Leafs I hate to lose to them because of the endless triumphalism of the Toronto based media. It's sickening.

Go Islanders

Ya i know, a NATURAL hattrick at that...even more impressive.

Guest stevesaku
We will be better next year

i hope so....but im to sad to say that...i said that last year and look what happened.

stupid ugly pedneault..saying that with koivu as captain we arent going anywhere.

Guest MichaelJS1

Simply said it doesn't get any worse than this. Being ousted by the damn laffs is the biggest insult that we could have gotten. Go Islanders. If they lose the only reason I will have to watch the playoffs will be to cheer loudly against the f'in blue gay boys.

Guest habgab
i hope so....but im to sad to say that...i said that last year and look what happened.

stupid ugly pedneault..saying that with koivu as captain we arent going anywhere.

I agree with that statement.

Guest MTL_RULES

Why would we never see a Ryan Smyth? He's a UFA at the end of the season, and he can go anywhere he wants. I'd like to see him here, but would he sign here? Who knows, you sure don't and neither do I.

I can tell you the people who do, Ryan's wife, the rest of his family, the man himself, and his agent might have an inkling. Don't tell me we will never see a player like that, especially when we CAN afford him, and you KNOW a man like that will ALWAYS play his heart out for you.

seemed like Souray was always on the ice for a Toronto goal...and was either checking the guy who scored or the guy who got the direct assist.

And isn't Lecav a UFA at years end? Papers in Edmonton are saying he wants to sign in Montreal because hes gonna be a UFA...maybe they r wrong?

nah, i think he signed a 3 year deal with tampa last season. anyways, go islanders. i just cant stand the fact that the leafs make the playoffs.

Guest MichaelJS1

That would be an absolute godsend if it were possible.

Guest ManDan

Go Islanders

You actually watch the game on CBC? I dont even bother with that garbage, even though i dont understand French: i watch it on RDS.

Simply said it doesn't get any worse than this. Being ousted by the damn laffs is the biggest insult that we could have gotten. Go Islanders. If they lose the only reason I will have to watch the playoffs will be to cheer loudly against the f'in blue gay boys.

Amen to that !

Guest ManDan
nah, i think he signed a 3 year deal with tampa last season. anyways, go islanders. i just cant stand the fact that the leafs make the playoffs.

like i said...if the Islanders win I will be very happy...if they lose: a little bit of me will die forever tomorrow.

Archived