The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Habs @ Leafs | April 7th 2007 |

jl-1

Guest futon

Well, we never showed up the first period, played well at times. Huet was great, I saw no fault in his game. Blaming the refs is a cop out, if anything we were lucky we weren't called a few times.

Kovalev, just a waste. Was he sooking for being on the third line?

Ryder, great, played well, natural hat trick to get 30 goals. No doubt he showed up to play, ditto Higgins. Ryder is a must sign, and for more than one year. It doesn't make sense not too. I also hope we keep both Souray and Markov, but Souray is gonna have a lot of $$$ thrown at him the summer.

Anyway, the Leafs may have won, but they have no goaltending. WE chased out Raycroft like I hoped, but didn't follow up on it. Took stupid penalties. Plus the Leafs got lucky on a couple of goals.

Cup for the 100 anniversary, just wait! ;)

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MTL_RULES
You actually watch the game on CBC? I dont even bother with that garbage, even though i dont understand French: i watch it on RDS.

I would've gladly watched it on RDS, but my GF doesnt know a word of French and is a leaf fan. Even she said that Koivu penalty was a load of crap.

Guest LarryRobinson

It was a tough game from our perspective, some iffy calls. Some weird goals.

But you know what. We can all sit here and say what if..., but the fact is this team was bound to get embarrassed in the playoffs, I cant say that for sure, but nothing Ive seen all year makes me think we can make a long run.

This game was like putting a dying dog to sleep. You dont want to end your pet's life, but it may be the best thing to do. This habs team was not going to be etched onto a Stanley Cup, the future looks bright even if today appears dark.

Guest MTL_RULES
Stop saying trade Koivu and what not, if he scored with a minute left this whole forum would be a Koivu fan club...

We aren't going to trade Koivu, that's just stupid talk. Name one man in this organization that has overcome what he has, and still played his heart out. One. That's all I ask for.

Guest TomTom
You actually watch the game on CBC? I dont even bother with that garbage, even though i dont understand French: i watch it on RDS.

Their camera work is better.

Guest KORDIC3131

Well people it was fun on these boards this year anyways.I think I need to take a little break and try to forget this year.But chins up guys,there is going to be some great playoff hockey coming up and we should just sit back and enjoy it:)

Guest MTL_RULES
It was a tough game from our perspective, some iffy calls. Some weird goals.  

But you know what.  We can all sit here and say what if..., but the fact is this team was bound to get embarrassed in the playoffs, I cant say that for sure, but nothing Ive seen all year makes me think we can make a long run.  

This game was like putting a dying dog to sleep.  You dont want to end your pet's life, but it may be the best thing to do.  This habs team was not going to be etched onto a Stanley Cup, the future looks bright even if today appears dark.

No, we weren't making the finals, that's for sure. But you realize that 1 home playoff game is like a bonus of 2 million dollars for the owner right? Making just the first round and being eliminated in 4-5 games is still an extra 4 mil lined in Gillet's pockets. I know he'd be much happier with a higher profit, and even more willing to acquire a start player for big bucks. My two cents.

Guest old whaler fan..go habs

Thats it the season is over.......I can't believe how the hasb came out in the 1st period. My God, outshot 23-9. Huet hasn't played in so long and they allow hime to face so many shots. Way too many screens in front of hime also. I was hoping it wouldn't come down to a one goal game because of the soft one that got by him.

Kovalev was invisible all night as was our defense. Like others have said though. We did not lose the our entry into the playoffs tonight, we lost in the months of jan and Feb.

the habs have the goaltending...what they need to do is get defense and some guys who can get out of the zone. They have a huge problem with that and when a team is pressing like the leafs were it embarrasingly obvious that they can't get it out.

I look forward to seeing the moves mgmt might make and look forward to going to the bell centre next season.

I don't care who BG can sign for the next season...

I want only players who want to play for the Canadiens... I want payers who know what the feeling of the fans, who knwos the pressure that Montreal they put on the team... a player fas of Canadiens, a player that dream from when he was kid to play with that shirt.

I promise to yells, I want to loose my voice to encourage players who put the heart for the canadiens... I don't care if is skilled, if score 10 goals a match... I want 5 lions on the ice... I want player who kiss the shirt after a goal...

Players who wait the paycheck only and give only the minimun they can go to play away from here.

The idols of Canadiens in the past were player who want to play here, who want to live and death for the canadiens...

Otherwise.... GO HUBS GO

Guest keithman

I don't understand Koivu hate...he played pretty well, and is worth the cash he is paid for captain and he did produce wat... 75 pts...in less than 82 games.

Kovalev should be gone somehow, same with Samsonov...can't they just send them to the minors so it doesn't count towards cap? cause honestly, Kovy was a REAL letdown....

i haven't posted since end of second...after the game ended, i had tears guys. no joke.

it was such a heartbreaker.

damn.

Guest Ryanww

I've watched all but 4 games this season.

After such a long hardening season, it's really tough to swallow a loss to the leafs in this fashion. IMO, the habs deserved to win this game. Maybe not in the first, but in the last 40 mins they outplayed the leafs. The refs blew the game for the habs, it's as simple as that. There's no other way around that. As soon as toronto got the 1 goal lead from their second 5on3 in a row they sat on that 1 goal lead for 15 minutes. 4 of toronto's goals were complete flukes. Huet played an awesome game, and higgens line was flying all night.

It hurts me so bad because now I have to wait another 7 months to see another habs game. Montreal WILL NEED to make some changes if they want to be in the playoffs next year. No more of that lazy play, and no more playing the trap unless they are 2 goals ahead. If I go to watch next season and crabo is still playing the crappy system he's playing now, I swear, I will not watch another game until they work it out.

Guest Rainman
i hope so....but im to sad to say that...i said that last year and look what happened.

stupid ugly pedneault..saying that with koivu as captain we arent going anywhere.

He's a foolish dope... speaking out of frustration and anger, like many of our fellow fans have this year. Wonder what he'd have to say about the Laffs w/Sundin as their capt ?

GO HABS GO !!!

Guest keithman
I don't care who BG can sign for the next season...

I want only players who want to play for the Canadiens... I want payers who know what the feeling of the fans, who knwos the pressure that Montreal they put on the team... a player fas of Canadiens, a player that dream from when he was kid to play with that shirt.

I promise to yells, I want to loose my voice to encourage players who put the heart for the canadiens... I don't care if is skilled, if score  10 goals a match... I want 5 lions on the ice... I want player who kiss the shirt after a goal...  

Players who wait the paycheck only and give only the minimun they can go to play away from here.

The idols of Canadiens in the past were player who want to play here, who want to live and death for the canadiens...

Otherwise.... GO HUBS GO

briere would be the perfect pick up. wants to play in Montreal, and is a team player. Would be a first line centre, Koivu can do the second line (both lines would be great)

Anyhow, Higgins and Ryder....good job fellas as well, Kovalev....c you hopefully in another jersey.

The worst thing about it is that Gainey will probably say that we're all hysterical and that the team is close to where he wants it to be, the young guys are coming up and he needs more time to evaluate everything...bla bla bla the same old bull we've been hearing for the last 10 years

Then We'll sign a couple of chumps who couldn't sign anywhere else during the summer and battle for 7-8 spot next spring

I think that sums it up pretty well

Guest matedwa

i am so upset about this game...the last 2 seasons i have spent over $1000 in supporting this team. I have been a fan for my whole life but the last couple of years have been when i went full out with the spending. Whether it be travelling to visiting arenas, travelling to montreal to see them, buying habs memorabilia, paying for centre ice, etc. What do I have to show for it?? An implosion in the first round vs carolina, and an 82nd game elimination to the leafs of all teams. I am so sick of being a team that has to scrape for 8th place every season. Next year i will just watch the games on tv, i am not going out to buy anymore t-shirts, jerseys, travel to away arenas etc until i see some sort of improvement in this team. I may still be many years away from seeing that.

Guest Clammy

You know, I have to laugh at all the Begin bashing going on. Yes, he took a bad penalty. Who hasn't? Does that negate his whole season? This is one of the few guys that showed up night after night to play. He puts his body on the line all the time, and is a net asset to the team. I'm looking forward to seeing Steve play again in a Habs uniform next year.

I really hope Gainey can make some changes for next season. I like Kovy, but he's been pretty invisible all season long, and I think his time is done here. Sammy, well nuff said there. Just let Aebisher go. I'd really like to see Souray back as well as Markov. The young guys are developing pretty well, and if Gainey can get a dominant centerman, I think we'll do some damage next season.

It's been fun here this season. I'm sure I'll see you all here next season.

GO HABS GO!!!! :ghg:

Cheers!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Guest KORDIC3131
Tony from Team990 says in the room after the game Higgins had tears in his eyes !!! He will be a huge part of our team !!!

Yeah until his first chance out of town :roll:

Guest habfansham
Tony from Team990 says in the room after the game Higgins had tears in his eyes !!! He will be a huge part of our team !!!

Good, shows that Higgy actually cares. I've always liked him, and he's always made a good case for being a future captain of the team.

Guest iheartthehabs

Wow. Just wow. Speechless. If I were adding my 2 cents Id just be reiterating what everyone else is saying. This is absolutely depressing. Just depressing. Please someone save me before I go suicidal. (sorry about the last one mods) I have a feeling Bob Gaineys in biiiiiiig trouble.

Archived