The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs @ Leafs | April 7th 2007 |

jl-1

Guest old whaler fan..go habs
I agree with 95 percent of this post. I supported Kovalev all year and wether it is injury or not he is not what this team needs or wants in the future. I disagree with cheering for the islanders though. Hats off to the leafs. Not a very talented team. But they worked there collective butts off every shift and I think they are well coached. I don't see Buffalo walking over them like many believe if the leafs do make it. They handed buffalo there first loss of the season. And they are one of only a few teams who has dominated buffalo from start to finish in a game.

Maurice would have a been a great coach to grab

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest KOIVU#11
Huet,Ryder, Higgins and Koivu....they are the only one who bothered to play with heart.........

Another question, Again being from Hartford , I'm not sure but I watching the game on center ice and is "hockey night in Canada" a Toronto thing because they ( the announcers, Cherry etc) wanted them to win..is that a leafs thing "Hockey night in Canada"????

ya that was absoultley ridculous the way they got on tonight they alienated canadiens fans, it was disgraceful.

Guest Miltie01

They fluked out a win tonight and still may miss the playoffs, what makes him such a brilliant coach ?

Guest KOIVU#11

ya but unfortuantley were stuck with carbo, I don't think it would be a very intelligent move on gainey's part to fire him, becuase there are no good coaches on the market so you might as well give carbo another shot.

Guest Bourne

Wow... this is sad. Not that we lost to Toronto but what has happened with certain members of this board because we lost to Toronto. Just because we lost the game suddenly some people are saying we should dump Huet or that it is all Koivu's fault that we lost. Anyone that seriously believes that isn't a true Habs fan and merely a bandwagon member.

Tonight was Huet's very first game back after roughly two months. He made a ton of key saves and although yes he didn't play completely 100% he gave it his all and we should be happy for that. The penalty called on Koivu was bad but it certainly wasn't his fault we lost the game. Putting blame on Begin or Kovalev is one thing but putting it on Koivu is pushing it and putting any on Huet is just sad. We have a perfect starter goalie and I guarantee had we won tonight that next to no one would be saying we need to replace Huet.

Just face facts and deal. Toronto came out strong and played better then we did. Does it suck we lost our playoff spot? Of course. Does it suck we lost it to Toronto? Very much so. Was the game a great and exciting game? You better believe it. Did we really deserve a playoff spot? No.

Look at our game on Thursday; the Rangers destroyed us. Just suck it up and accept that we lost the game. There is no need to bad mouth Toronto (who had their own share of problems tonight) nor blame Huet and Koivu for the game.

Guest KOIVU#11
They fluked out a win tonight and still may miss the playoffs, what makes him such a brilliant coach ?

he motivated his players to come out with the fire and motivated them to do what was necessary to get the job done. I can't confidently say that about the Canadiens coaching staff.

Guest Habsessed
Huet,Ryder, Higgins and Koivu....they are the only one who bothered to play with heart.........

Another question, Again being from Hartford , I'm not sure but I watching the game on center ice and is "hockey night in Canada" a Toronto thing because they ( the announcers, Cherry etc) wanted them to win..is that a leafs thing "Hockey night in Canada"????

It's not supposed to be but over the years it's turned into that, it is supposed to be a national broadcast that I guess is more partial to the Canadian teams but on a night like tonight they should've been impartial and that really bugged me since both are Canadian and there were fans of both teams watching it.

Guest stevesaku
There are no words in the human language to describe how I feel right now.  I am dead inside.

same here. i feel so useless.

so helpless.

so sad.

why does montreal deserve this? the mecca of hockey deserves better. its fans deserve better. and i hate those players who cheated themselves tonight. there were 4 or 5 players who gave it their all tonight. thats it.

Guest Y ASK Y

I bleed blue, blanc, et rouge et ce soir.... the blood is gushing.... I want to cry. My pillow will be soaken wet from the tears... I just want to die!!!!!

Guest MTL_RULES

No, its on CBC, which stands for Canadian Boradcasting Corp., which is paid for by Canadian Tax dollars. Don Cherry's salary, again paid for by tax dollars. But yes, we couldn't agree more, it sure seems like it's a Leaf's channel. People in the rest of Canada(outside of Montreal) only get Leafs games on Saturday night. Because somehow they decided, that the rest of Canada likes the leafs more (of course the western team, calgary, edmonton, and vancouver, play at a later time)

Guest Y ASK Y
same here. i feel so useless.

so helpless.

so sad.

why does montreal deserve this? the mecca of hockey deserves better. its fans deserve better. and i hate those players who cheated themselves tonight. there were 4 or 5 players who gave it their all tonight. thats it.

Stevesaku, I'm glad you are still alive. I was worried about you....

Guest hablover
I bleed blue, blanc, et rouge et ce soir.... the blood is gushing....  I want to cry.  My pillow will be soaken wet from the tears...  I just want to die!!!!!

I know exactly how you feel...this sucks!

Guest MTL_RULES

Maurice is a very good coach. He did good things for Carolina, and he definently did well with the team he had in Toronto. They beat us this season, and had 10X the problems with injuries than we did. I do, and for a few years, have a great respect for Maurice.

Guest KOIVU#11
Wow... this is sad. Not that we lost to Toronto but what has happened with certain members of this board because we lost to Toronto. Just because we lost the game suddenly some people are saying we should dump Huet or that it is all Koivu's fault that we lost. Anyone that seriously believes that isn't a true Habs fan and merely a bandwagon member.

Tonight was Huet's very first game back after roughly two months. He made a ton of key saves and although yes he didn't play completely 100% he gave it his all and we should be happy for that. The penalty called on Koivu was bad but it certainly wasn't his fault we lost the game. Putting blame on Begin or Kovalev is one thing but putting it on Koivu is pushing it and putting any on Huet is just sad. We have a perfect starter goalie and I guarantee had we won tonight that next to no one would be saying we need to replace Huet.

Just face facts and deal. Toronto came out strong and played better then we did. Does it suck we lost our playoff spot? Of course. Does it suck we lost it to Toronto? Very much so. Was the game a great and exciting game? You better believe it. Did we really deserve a playoff spot? No.

Look at our game on Thursday; the Rangers destroyed us. Just suck it up and accept that we lost the game. There is no need to bad mouth Toronto (who had their own share of problems tonight) nor blame Huet and Koivu for the game.

I have to disagree about Huet, he always let in a bad goal a night. Tonight it was the second goal. You can go back into last year and watch the goals he lets in, they're weak goals. In regard to Koivu I agree, he gave it 110% like he does every night, hes been spectacular down the stretch and you could not ask for more from him, too bad he didnt inspire his team mates to do the same.

Guest Habs1969

What a disappointing end to the season. The Habs had their own playoff future in their hands with two games left....and served up two stinkers. Tonight's game against the Leafs left me shaking my head. If you give up 23 shots in the opening period, what does that say? To me, it says the team (not everyone) was not ready/interested in the game.

The bright spots were Ryder, Koivu, Higgins, and Huet. Huet did a superb job considering how long he's been out. This game could have been over in the first if not for his efforts. Ryder's hat trick was exceptional, and Higgins and Koivu obviously take a lot of pride in the "CH" on their sweaters.

Next season? Oh, boy, there are going to be some changes. Koivu is the only 'scared cow' right now- every other player is potential trade bait and......I think Carbo is gone. My list of who should stay or go will have to wait...

My :two:

One more thing.....I'll be back next season like I have for every season since 1969. Go Habs!

Guest Miltie01
he motivated his players to come out with the fire and motivated them to do what was necessary to get the job done. I can't confidently say that about the Canadiens coaching staff.

Toronto has been just as terrible during games as we have, and their struggling right down to the last game and still needing help to get in shows that. Maurice didn't do that much more than Carbo and given some of the situations on this team, I might suggest Carbo did better than Maurice.

Archived