The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs @ Leafs | April 7th 2007 |

jl-1

Guest Habs1969
I think we will see a different team, maybe more different than some expect.

I think you're right. Whoever assigns numbers and sews names on sweaters for the Habs will be very busy in the off season.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Miltie01
I think you're right. Whoever assigns numbers and sews names on sweaters for the Habs will be very busy in the off season.

I hope they don't do it by hand anymore !!!

Guest lfrommtl
And the thing is, next year we're only going to be younger, which I have no problem with.  Management needs to make a decision this off season, sign a few key vets and pay Markov and Souray the huge bucks and try and put a Contender together, or get all of our prospects playing, give them the experience and suffer bottom feeding for a season or two.  Why finish 7th-10th constantly?

completely agree. they should bring in the young'ns then if that doesnt work out then sign a vet or too

i wanna see a stanley cup. and this team wont do it

Guest old whaler fan..go habs
They fluked out a win tonight and still may miss the playoffs, what makes him such a brilliant coach ?

Experience.......was the youngest coach in the NHL with the whalers and then he moved with the hurricanes where he also did a good job. I'm not saying carbo is bad but he doesn't have the coaching experience.

Guest lfrommtl
I hope they don't do it by hand anymore !!!

no they do it by sewing machine ;) but it takes a hand to sew it onto the patch and then onto thejersey

Guest Miltie01
*lol* I liked it better when there were no names, just the number.

Oh you can remember when you could tell which player it was by looking at them and not having to look at the numbers ?

I remember those days !!!

Guest habfansham
Does it even matter? I don't really care as long as it isn't the laffs or the senasnores.

GO HABS GO!! :ghg:

Cheers!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

If the Sens win, I'll know that there's no justice on this planet.

Guest Miltie01
Experience.......was the youngest coach in the NHL with the whalers and then he moved with the hurricanes where he also did a good job. I'm not saying carbo is bad but he doesn't have the coaching experience.

Don't get me wrong, I think Maurice is a good coach, just I don't think he did a million times better than Carbo this year. They have both had challenges and have both struggled. Both will be fine in my opinion.

Guest Habs1969
Oh you can remember when you could tell which player it was by looking at them and not having to look at the numbers ?

I remember those days !!!

They were great! Most players didn't wear helmets which also made it easier.;) I'm officially a geezer now, aren't I?

Guest Miltie01
They were great! Most players didn't wear helmets which also made it easier.;) I'm officially a geezer now, aren't I?

Remember when the Flowers' hair would start flowing as he picked up speed !!!

BEAUTIFUL !!!

Guest MTL_RULES
I think we will see a different team, maybe more different than some expect.

I think it will be a team built from within personally. Markov will surely stay, and I'm 50/50 split on wether or not we will keep Souray(yes if we want to build a cup contender, no if we aren't going to) With the emergence of Halak as a competent goalie, it is doubtful that Aebischer will be back(especially considering Price will be here in a couple seasons) and Bonk and Johnson are also up in the air. The team needs some soul searching, and decide what it's goals are. I really don't want a continuation of 8th-10th

I think it will be a team built from within personally.  Markov will surely stay, and I'm 50/50 split on wether or not we will keep Souray(yes if we want to build a cup contender, no if we aren't going to)  With the emergence of Halak as a competent goalie, it is doubtful that Aebischer will be back(especially considering Price will be here in a couple seasons) and Bonk and Johnson are also up in the air.  The team needs some soul searching, and decide what it's goals are.  I really don't want a continuation of 8th-10th

If Aebischer is back I will hang myself !!!

Guest Miltie01

Aebi is a free agent and I don't think he would sign back here if we gave him 5 mill a year !!! LOL.

We don't need him.

Guest Clammy
If the Sens win, I'll know that there's no justice on this planet.

If the snores win, and ANY snores fan tries their typical rub-it-in-your-face ***** with me, they're going to be needing to see an orthodontist, cause they'll be missing a few teeth!

GO HABS GO!!! :ghg:

Cheers!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Guest Habs1969
Remember when the Flowers' hair would start flowing as he picked up speed !!!

BEAUTIFUL !!!

Much better memory than tonight's game! ;) They used to joke that Lemaire only started to wear a helmet because he was going bald.

Guest MTL_RULES

he's not a bad goalie, but he won't want to come back. he can be a #1 goalie, and on this team right now he's a number 3. He might not get a big contract elsewhere, bu there will be one team that puts their faith in him and sings him for say a 2 year 3.5-4 million $ contract.

Guest Miltie01
Much better memory than tonight's game! ;) They used to joke that Lemaire only started to wear a helmet because he was going bald.

Could you blame him ?

No ones hair was that nice !!!

Guest Habsessed
Aebi is a free agent and I don't think he would sign back here if we gave him 5 mill a year !!! LOL.

We don't need him.

You can say that again, actually he's probably a big part of the reason that we are where we are, I mean if we would've taken 1 more point we were ahead of the Leafs and some of those off nights of his (of which there were quite a few) certainly cost us the playoffs.

Guest Miltie01
You can say that again, actually he's probably a big part of the reason that we are where we are, I mean if we would've taken 1 more point we were ahead of the Leafs and some of those off nights of his (of which there were quite a few) certainly cost us the playoffs.

There are a few more players than Aebi we can say that about !!!

Archived