The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs @ Leafs | April 7th 2007 |

jl-1

Guest MTL_RULES
...the blue, Blanc et Rouge is 4 ever. Better days are to come, I am sure.... Go Habs Go, for 2007/2008.

I'm with you 100%. It's time for them to put a better team in place for next year, and a contender in 2008/2009. Lets do this!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scarface

all i'm gonna say is, there are serious issues that need to be addressed in the off season. get rid of 'carbs,mulle,jarvisr. i'm so dissapoint,i'm disgusted, i'm almost ashamed. i haven;t been this low in a long,long time. we had the tiger by the tail and we let it go.

Guest keithman
all i'm gonna say is, there are serious issues that need to be addressed in the off season. get rid of 'carbs,mulle,jarvisr. i'm so dissapoint,i'm disgusted, i'm almost ashamed. i haven;t been this low in a long,long time. we had the tiger by the tail and we let it go.

I'd give Carbo and them another chance.

It's not their fault Samsonov and Kovalev, two of our most "talented" players never showed up. 8 Million down the drain.

free that up and get briere to come here.

Guest MTL_RULES
Quoted for truth.

I won't cheer on any team, i'll just watch the playoffs for the sake of watching some good hockey games.

but i'll be empty in the chest until next year, when the habs bring my heart back.

I wouldn't mind seeing the cup back in Canada, but preferably to the Canucks. I've always liked them since the Bure days, and I thought it was so smart when they got Luongo. I hope they can do it.

Guest stevesaku

pedneault said briere should be gaineys main target. considering niinimaa bonk and kovy gone i think we can afford him.

chipchura will replace bonk i think.

Guest Stoof

well that was horribly dissapointing. the one good thing with that game is the way ryder and higgs played. this year i think they both suffered the sophmore jinx. next year those 2 will be huge for us, pleks as well. but sadly i think kovalev has run his course. all season we put up with his lazy play because at this point in the season we all knew that he could light it up. his head was surely not in the last few games. as well, tonight was just not in the stars for us. did any of you notice the horid goels toronto put in?? i mean come on. someone was messing with us. anyhow. next year will be another. CARBS AND MULLER STAY:: are u kidding me whoever said get them out?? 2 of the 3 prior coachs that we gave the boot are up for coach of the year. (therrien and whats his name coaching van.) carbs first year as head coach, did a fine job. next year we will have a tighter knit team, and a few changes to the lineup. GO HABS::: BOOOO LEAFS. they will crumble against buffalo if they are in, the isles will fair better. and i like the coach there, nolan, hes damn good. HABS FOR LIFE::: WE AINT NO BAND WAGONERS.

Guest Clammy
pedneault said briere should be gaineys main target. considering niinimaa bonk and kovy gone i think we can afford him.

chipchura will replace bonk i think.

I thought RDS said that Briere had signed for something like 6 million with Buffalo.

I'd really like to see Lecavalier in Montreal.

Cheers!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Guest MTL_RULES
I thought RDS said that Briere had signed for something like 6 million with Buffalo.

I'd really like to see Lecavalier in Montreal.

Cheers!

Well its not listed on the TSN page so i Doubt it. Maybe they said that's prolly what hes askin for.

Guest Manorrd
Ummm, how long have you been a Habs fan?  A real(in my eyes anyway) Habs fan would never, and I mean EVER cheer on the Leafs.  

Who made up that rule? You?

Now that the Habs are out, I feel perfectly comfortable cheering for an original six team, and another Canadian team.

i wish huet never played.....not that he sucks or anything it's just that he hasn't played in a while ...why bring him in ice cold for the most important game of the season?? ah well i guess hindsight .......ah damn, what a sloppy game ...there's always next year

Guest CristoWallHuet39
Who made up that rule?  You?

Now that the Habs are out, I feel perfectly comfortable cheering for an original six team, and another Canadian team.

A RIVAL original six team.

Guest Manorrd
A RIVAL original six team.

Bah.

Another hockey team. Now that the Habs are out, it'll be interesting to see how far the Leafs will get.

So...until the Habs are allowed back on the ice again by the league, it's Go Leafs Go. I think it would be classy if we were to offer our support to our "rivals" in their playoff hunt.

Guest Clammy
i wish huet never played.....not that he sucks or anything it's just that he hasn't played in a while ...why bring him in ice cold for the most important game of the season?? ah well i guess hindsight .......ah damn, what a sloppy game ...there's always next year

The only reason we weren't dead in the water in the first was thanks to Huet. He played a fine game. With the exception of the second goal, there was little he could do to stop the goals.

Cheers!

Guest Clammy
Bah.

Another hockey team.  Now that the Habs are out, it'll be interesting to see how far the Leafs will get.

So...until the Habs are allowed back on the ice again by the league, it's Go Leafs Go.  I think it would be classy if we were to offer our support to our "rivals" in their playoff hunt.

I prefer GO ISLES GO!!!!

It'll be a cold day in hell before I'll ever cheer for the laffs!

GO ISLES GO!!! :mrgreen:

Cheers!

The only reason we weren't dead in the water in the first was thanks to Huet. He played a fine game. With the exception of the second goal, there was little he could do to stop the goals.

Cheers!

yeah well montreal lost by one goal.......

Guest Clammy
yeah well montreal lost by one goal.......

True, but there's no guarantee that Halak would have fared any better. No one can know that, but we DO know that the laffs fired 23 shots in the first and only scored twice.

Cheers!

Guest HABaG8Day

I commend all those who will cheer on the Leafs as I will be doing if they make it and not be afraid of any Forum Backlash. After all the Cup belongs to Canada, it our game and we need a canadian team to get it DUH .

Too bad the Habs dont have the Commitment, energy and hopes that we have here in the Forums for they would be unbeatable. ;)

I see several names being meantioned as the cause for the loss, the way I see it the whole team, coaches and Management are responsible for the loss as the whole organization are not acting as a team. We need more than a few players to show grit in a game.

Think they Trade Kovalev and Samsonov for two refs since the Refs seems to skate hard every game :mdr:

~HabAg8Day~

Guest rigatony

Dissapointed to see Ryders , Higgins, and Koivu's good work go down the drain tonight. Habs played very poorly in the first period tonight making it four bad periods since playing the Rangers on thursday. Ryder tried to turn things around single handedly in the second. It almost worked until Johnson, Begin, and Koivu took some bad penalties near the end of the second period and early in the third forcing the habs to play 3 on 5 twice in short order. The Leafs took full advantage of that and sunk the habs for good. After the Leafs went ahead 6-5 the habs barely had any scoring chances for the rest of the game because of Toronto's ferocious checking.

Our penalty killing sucked badly tonight, the defense moved in way to close to Huet allowing the leafs to pass the puck around at will without even so much as a stick to obstruct any leaf passes. You got to be more aggressive than that when you see two point guys passing the puck back and forth like a ping-pong ball. I mean just go after one of them or step in between instead of watching them slap the passes into the net for petes sake. You think the coach would have them adapt after watching it happen so often.

Oh well it's over for us now. Congratulations to the Leafs. Even though I would have loved to see the habs in the playoffs, tommorow I will be pulling for the Islanders to lose so that the Leafs will make the playoffs. Why?

First of all because I pull for the Canadian teams to win in the playoffs.

Secondly, there is no honor in losing out that way. The leafs played hard and deserve a chance to go on now. And because they beat Montreal, I want them to prove it was no fluke, to prove they have what it takes to be there.

If they go down in the first round it will prove they are no better than we were. But if they go far in the playoffs, well it will at least mean that we got beaten by a decent team that is capable of beating any other team on any given night.

Another thing, I want to say thank you to the habs for entertaining us all season long. It was a wild roller coaster ride that lasted thoughout the season, and it was demonstrated once more in their final game of the year !

paul had the guts to make the goalie change when his goalie couldnt stop a beach ball...carbo didnt...

i have to have a party with countless number of leaf fans in central ontario and i will never hear the end of it...fourth to 11th in two months...to be applauded veterans...

how fitting Koivu took the nail in the coffin penalty

Guest lafleuristhebest

The outcome was unfortunate, but not unexpected. The Habs have some major holes that need filling. The best thing that I can say about Kovalev's performance was "Brutal". The Habs had only one line working tonite, Koivu, Ryder and Higgins were by far and away the best Habs on the ice. Plekanec, Kostitsyn, Latendresse and Lapierre were very ineffective. They played like young players involved in their first real pressure situation. Bonk, Johnson, Begin, and Perezoghin were invisible.

Blaming the coaching staff doesn't make any sense. Carbo can only work with what he has. If there is anyone to blame, it's Bob Gainey. He didn't do anything to improve this team at the trade deadline. Hopefully the Habs can move Kovy in the offseason, but there aren't too many teams who'd be willing to take his contract. Huet did alright, but he wasn't at the top of his game by any means. Streit, Dandenault and Bouillion played like AHLers, and I believe that all three of them are signed for next season (we're in trouble). This team was near the cap maximum, and there isn't a bonafide superstar on this team. This only shows management's gross mismanagement. The fact that they were even this close to a playoff spot is a testament to Carbo and his coaching staff. When you are given lemons, you make lemonade, and that is what Carbo did.

Guest lafleuristhebest
paul had the guts to make the goalie change when his goalie couldnt stop a beach ball...carbo didnt...

i have to have a party with countless number of leaf fans in central ontario and i will never hear the end of it...fourth to 11th in two months...to be applauded veterans...  

how fitting Koivu took the nail in the coffin penalty

Koivu is one of the only Habs who showed up tonite. He played a great game. His penalty was unfortunate, but there were worse infractions in the game that weren't called.

The nail in the coffin penalty was Begin's. He took a stupid 4 minute high sticking penalty. That is what ultimately cost the Habs.

Guest lafleuristhebest

I understand your frustration. Believe me, I too am frustrated with this whole scenario. But the last guy anyone should be blaming is Koivu. He had a career year. Every player goes through funks. His benching woke him up. He single handedly beat the Bruins the other night. I'm more frustrated with a player like Kovy who looked like he didn't even want to be there.

I understand your frustration.  Believe me, I too am frustrated with this whole scenario.  But the last guy anyone should be blaming is Koivu.  He had a career year.  Every player goes through funks.  His benching woke him up.  He single handedly beat the Bruins the other night.  I'm more frustrated with a player like Kovy who looked like he didn't even want to be there.

true I got excited a few time kovy had the puck but those were the only three times I knew he was playing

I cant believe a pass a flip shot were the difference between this team making the play offs and not

they deserve it thought...I heard sixty times "we need to come out strong", and sixty time i saw the Habs down by AT LEAST one early...the team never played as if they were worhtly of the playoffs...they road good goal tending while it lasted then it was over

Archived