The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs @ Leafs | April 7th 2007 |

jl-1

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest yvanc12
Go Isles go, but against Martin Brodeur I don't really believe in it but we never know...

Devs are supposed to be giving Martin the day off , goin' with Clemmenson today . :pray:

Guest rigatony

Not making the playoffs --- you can't blame any one guy or look at only one game. You have to look at the season as a whole. The entire organisation missed the playoffs from the team owner right down to the stickboy. Each one had a part to play and thoughout I am sure each one had something good to contribute, and each one had days where they performed poorly or made mistakes. After all we all mistakes, even you do, though you may think otherwise.

How you deal with those mistakes when you work in an organization or a company or as part of a team has everything to do with how the team will perform overall. It is a crucial aspect that is often overlooked in professional sport. As an employe or someone in management you probably have struggled with the same problem in your own life. Do you perform better when you feel like a positive part of the team? When you make mistakes are you treated fairly, are you treated like an adult, are you helped and encouraged to work though your mistakes in order to remain a postive force?

Or are you punished and belittled for your mistakes, set aside and alienated like you are part of the problem rather than the solution? Which type of organisation would you rather be a part of, and how would you rather be treated? And under which circunstances do you think you would peform better?

Hockey players are no different in these respects. In fact it is crucial that they feel an important part of the team in order to perform at their best.

Looking back in hindsight after this season, what type of organisation do you think you saw out there? Answer this question and you will see in great part why this team failed to make the playoffs.

Guest keithman

6 months.......it's gonig to be a LONG time.

but....i've joined a hockey league for the summer, will be stitching a small habs logo on the shoulder area of the jersey and play with the spirit of the habs

go habs go!

Well look at that the sun rised this morning! I didn't think it would after this terrible turn of events. I was too bummed out to get online yesterday after the game so what I'm about to say has probably been said already...just too many posts to catch up on.

The defense was very lax to say the least and it might have to do with Huet bing back in action...The guy is awesome but give a break and tighten up already. I think they would have played better defense with Halak in goal.

However that wasn't the major reason why we lost. There were 3 fluky garbage goals that no one could have done against...how does this happen for Toronto? The other reason and I called it in a previous post...suspicious penalty handed out by the refs like candy on halloween. I'd be curious to find out how many time were 2 men down against the Laffs throughout the season...quite a few from memory.

The boys battled hard and even if some guys didn't show up (Kovalev, Begin to name a couple) I'm proud of the overall effort of the guys yesterday and through the season.

Hopefully we can get rid of some dead wood and trade that in for kindling over the summer. To you guys who supported them through the season a big cheer!

Guest Y ASK Y

I blame Youppi. I blame him/her because I am currently in my dellusional blaming phase. Since last night, I've gone through the disbelief, dissappoinment, denial, shock, great sadness, and now the dellusional phase.

I will be entering into my anger and hateful phase somewhat soon.

The acceptance phase is highly questionable.

Guest ribz&ryder_connexion

If Leafs ever win the cup again, with 10 seconds left I'm going to slit my throat and there's going to be a note in my hand saying, "HAHA! I died never to witness the Maple LOSERS win Lord Stanley!"

Guest crazyhorse_9000

11 Saku Koivu 81 22 53 75 -21 74 18:28 11 1 154 14.29

44 Sheldon Souray 81 26 38 64 -28 135 23:28 19 1 224 11.61

73 Michael Ryder 82 30 28 58 -25 60 16:08 17 2 221 13.57

79 Andrei Markov 77 6 43 49 3 56 24:13 5 0 128 4.69

27 Alex Kovalev 73 18 29 47 -19 78 18:25 8 0 197 9.14

21 Christopher Higgins 61 22 16 38 -11 26 17:58 8 3 159 13.84

15 Sergei Samsonov 63 9 17 26 -4 10 14:13 0 0 114 7.89

Heres our "Go to" players stats. Take into consideration your personal thoughts on their play obviosly but compare these stats to other teams go to guys and its clear as day why our team sucks.

Guest habsolutfan

Work is going to suck this week, it'll suck less if the isles win though. This is going to be a long summer...;) This sucks.

Guest habsgal
What I seen when I watched the game was a high stick by begin that was resulting from a follow through on the puck. It wasn't just a rouge high stick by Begin, he was trying to stop the puck, and in the process high sticked wellwood. To my knowledge, high sticking resulting from a follow through is NOT a penalty. On top of that I didn't see any blood on wellwood. Nor did I see any cuts or scratches. I think it was a bad call, as I said before the game started, the habs cannot beat the refs, leafs, and lady luck all at the same time.
You said a mouthful there. 100% agreed! I still didn't see Begin's highstick in the highlights. I did see Wellwood trying to pull off a Sundin - Tucker kind of move. He tried desperately to make himself bleed. And the Leaf fans wonder why this team is not respected. Pathetic really!

Guest dark_starr

It was a tough year with an equally dissapointing ending, but it's all part of the learning process which will eventually help the team grow. Especially in the way that we missed the playoffs, it's easy to overlook the positives that came out of this season.

Guest habsgal

I know one thing is for certain. In both wins and losses this year, this has to be the most inconsistent officiating I've had seen in my lifetime as a hockey fan.

Guest dark_starr
I know one thing is for certain. In both wins and losses this year, this has to be the most inconsistent officiating I've had seen in my lifetime as a hockey fan.

I agree. Sometimes it worked against us, and other times in our favour. But too many times this year we saw penalties called while the players, fans and broadcasters were left wondering not only what the penalty was for, but oftentimes which team it was being assessed to! That's got to change.

Archived