The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs Fans Unite!

Dnjscott

Guest vegasrick

HABS FANS UNITE!

With only one more game left in the regular season, I was hoping we, as loyal Habs fans, could come together as the “sixth skater” and the "invisible" support system for our team, to rally all our powers (whatever they may be) for the good of the team.....especially for the big final game against the Leafs.

For many of us, when the season ends, so does our activity on the forum. It’s simply a matter of time and priorities. We turn our attention to jobs, families, projects, etc. So, should things not go our way Saturday, some of us probably won’t be chatting again until next season.

Naturally, if the boys win, we’ll have an extended season….for as long as they can keep it up.

I sure have enjoyed this season’s threads. There are many very good hockey minds and countless loyal fans in the forum. It’s like a family…….in the same way that a hockey team becomes a family. Sometimes we don’t agree…..but when something threatens even one of us, the family stands together for each other.

Well, we need to do that now for our team. I’m not sure it will make a difference, but it might. There just might be something to it, if we all come together for this last game in whatever way we can. Put on your lucky earrings, wave your lucky flags, and by all means, wear your lucky Habs sweaters, hats, socks, blankets, underwear….whatever it takes. Maybe if we all remain positive, it will somehow transfer or rub off on the fellas, and they’ll pick up on it in Toronto, and skate like the wind.

Some fans like to cheer no matter what’s happening on the ice. That’s fine. Some fans like to critique the game and the fundamentals. That’s OK, too. We’re all fans of the Montreal Canadiens, right? Wouldn’t the definition of a “true” fan be: the one that wants to see his team win? We all want that, don’t we? Isn’t that why we’re here in the first place?

Just like Iceman150 said in the thread “A Call to Arms”: “They are having a rough time, that is for certain but should we turn our backs on them? I say NO!!!!! Now is when they need us the most. Now is when they need us to scream the loudest, clap the hardest and go hoarse cheering. They need us to DROWN OUT ALL THE OTHER FANS!!!!!”

That’s really all we have left. We just need to cheer our team on. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen evidence that any “ghosts” have helped the team win, but we can be with the team in spirit, and maybe that will help. I know that when the season ends, a little something “dies” inside us, doesn’t it? We live with the team, we die with the team…..figuratively. But as long as we’re still alive, we can be part of something that could be absolutely magical.

Sure, maybe the season will end Saturday. But maybe it won’t. Maybe we will win and get into the playoffs…..only to get swept in the first round. Or, maybe we will upset the first round opponent, and go further…….maybe much further…...that’s how it goes. Anything can happen with a group of athletes who are emotional, intellectual human beings. Anything.

But it all starts with ONE WIN. One win is sometimes all it takes to change an ordinary team into a powerhouse. And we’re not really an ordinary team…..we just play like it at times. Actually, we are a very talented team. Just ask the elite teams that we beat during the regular season. We proved we could do it. If only the team would come together and fire on all cylinders…….wow. That would be a thing of beauty. An entire season, even a career could change that way. It’s possible. It’s happened.

There’s Habs fans all over the world….. France, Japan, England, South Korea, Switzerland…..even in a glittery city in the dry desert of southern Nevada where a certain Hab named Bonk once came through. And just like the team needs the whole bench to be attentive and part of the game, we need all of us for this last game. We are all important to the cause! We all have something to offer! It’s all or nothing!!!!

Go Ryderfan! Go Miltie! Go Winnipegjet! Go Kindred! Go stevesaku! Go Weepingminotaur! Go natey2k4! Go roy_133! Go un lavalois! Go JL! Go 60islove! Go Graeme! Go lisa 11! Go St. B. Voyageur! Go Link_67! Go HabsFanInPitt27! Go J Haul! Go kimmyok! Go Habs Lovin’ Dag! Go Mrs. Mike Johnson! Go Manorrd! Go dancing bananas! Go CanadianMike! Go habsgal! Go Habsrulzzz! Go Habbie10! Go Y Ask Y! Go TOHABSfan16! Go KORDIC3131! Go Ribs&Ryder connexion! Go Anne! Go RadioGaGa! Go voicemajor2000! Go LarryRobinson! Go netcase! Go –Tonio-! Go .scott.! Go Gumper! Go Youppi! Go cheerio279! Go habgab! Go XelaD! Go MTL RULES! Go FanOf27! Go raydourque! Go matedwa! Go Regis! Go d80jcrant! Go paul b! Go mikehabsfan! Go keithman! Go Dutch! Go Greek Hab! Go jennifer rocket! Go futon! Go mossman! Go sajc! Go habfan10! Go diehardhabfan! Go NDSuto! Go WantMoreCups! Go LavaDerek! Go ormondhabfan! Go spankydriscoll! Go mad! Go Habs Dynasty! Go Sashaband! Go Captain Koivu#11!

…..whew!…..sorry if I missed some of you……nothing personal…..there’s just too many……

Go Habs!

If the season ends at the ACC, it would be my pleasure and an honor to meet all of you at center ice for the traditional handshake…..in spirit, of course. It was quite a year. But…..until that happens……

Let us stand together. Let us join the team in spirit. Let us cheer our team on to victory. Saturday night, let us send a message that they will hear all the way to downtown Toronto:

We are the Canadiens!

And we have come to play!!!

GO HABS GO!

banana-ani.gifbanana-ani.gifbanana-ani.gif

GO HABS GO!

banana-ani.gifbanana-ani.gifbanana-ani.gif

Guest Waiting for Cup 25

Rick, that was awesome. It is inspiring, unifying, and a whol bunch of other "-ings" that I can't think of right now. It reminded me of Herb Brooks' speech in Miracle...

Great moments... are born from great opportunity. And that's what you have here, tonight, boys. That's what you've earned here tonight. One game. If we played 'em ten times, they might win nine. But not this game. Not tonight. Tonight, we skate with them. Tonight, we stay with them. And we shut them down because we can! Tonight, WE are the greatest hockey team in the world. You were born to be hockey players. Every one of you. And you were meant to be here tonight. This is your time. Their time is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great hockey team the Soviets have. Screw 'em. This is your time. Now go out there and take it!

GO HABS GO!!!

Guest Miltie01

I am with you VEGASRICK, and all my forum compatriots !!!

As I am sure the Boys will leave it all on the ice on Saturday, let us leave it all on the gameday thread !!! We love the Habs, and will be behind them come what may !!!

GO HABS GO

GO HABS GO

Guest natey2k4

As much as I love my Habs, I love each and every person who participated on this forum throughout the year. I love you all and I love the habs.

THIS IS OUR SEASON. THIS IS OUR GAME. GO HABS GO!

Guest HabsFanInPitt27
As much as I love my Habs, I love each and every person who participated on this forum throughout the year. I love you all and I love the habs.

Even me?

Guest ram84

Well this is it. As a habs fan i have always cheered for them, victory or defeat i always will cheer for them. Because this is more then just a game for us Canadiens fans, this team is our passion, and our love. So lets all stand up and cheer our team on come saturday. Come on boys, lets pull one off for the ages. GO HABS GO!!!!!!!:woo:

Guest TheFly

Ive never been so scared in my life, I feel as though I'm just apart of the game as they are. This game will be huge!! might even be bigger than the stanley cup game. This game is the closest we'll ever get of having leafs vs habs for the cup.

Go habs Go

Guest .scott.

Post of the season!

Had fun reading that one.

I've had tons of fun for my first season on the Forum.

GO HABS GO!!!

Lets get those Leafs this Saturday Night.

- Scott

Guest Y ASK Y

As a Habs fan, the season has been great (not that it is over just yet ;) !!! It has been filled with great hope, pride, edge of the seat excitement, controversy, frustration, heartaches, devastating losses (rest in peace Laura Gainey), and then MORE PRIDE!!!

That's one of the reasons why I have been a fan for so long, it's NEVER boring being a HABS fan. There's times when it's awesome to be a fan and sometimes it's been a real challenge. It has NEVER been boring and I LOVE IT!!!

Lastly, what has made this season so far, even more enjoyable was that it was my first season on this board and you guys/gals have made my moving to laff-land more bearable! And when I'm traveling in some U.S. city where coverage of highschool basketball gets more attention then the playoffs, well, all I can say is that Thank God for hotels with internet connections and Thank You to all the Habs fans contributing to the game thread!!!

As VegasRick stated, let us unite!!!! All that who are optimistic and all who are pessimistic about the outcome, let us unite!!!! Let us unite!!! And chant, "GO HABS GO!!!" for when the smoke settles the Montreal Canadiens will still be on the ice CELEBRATING THEIR WIN OVER THE LAFFS AND HABS FAN ALL OVER CAN LAUGH AT THE LAFFS AND SAY, "HA!!! YOU ALL SUCK!!!! HAHAHA!!!!"

(and if the unthinkable happens then I will storm and riot on the laffs board!!! FYI - when I go down, I go in a fireball of flames!)

GO HABS GO!!!! GO HABS GOOO!!!! GO HABS GOOOOO!!!!! GO HABS GO!!!!!

Guest stevesaku

Go Habs Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This Game Is Ours!!!!

Go Saku Go Alex Go Tomas Go Chris Go Andrei Go Sheldon Go Michael Go Cristobal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!go Habs!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest vegasrick

Wow. A quote from the movie "Miracle". Definitely one of my all-time favorites. That was awesome, Waiting for Cup 25.

Tomorrow there's gonna be a party in the game thread! See you all then! No RSVP required, just be there! :cheer:

Guest cheerio279

Beautifully written Vegasrick... puts a tear in my eye *sniff... GO HABS GO... GO EVERYONE WHO BELIEVES IN THAT LITTLE H INSIDE THAT BIG FAT C!!!!!!!!! :ghg:

Guest Waiting for Cup 25
Wow.  A quote from the movie "Miracle".  Definitely one of my all-time favorites.  That was awesome, Waiting for Cup 25.

Tomorrow there's gonna be a party in the game thread!  See you all then!  No RSVP required, just be there! :cheer:

Great minds think alike, Rick. If I'm ever in Vegas, I'll buy you a beer. They have Molson Ex there?:mrgreen:

Guest cheerio279

man... if only every player on the team can read this thread, I think it'll make every one of them play like super-heroes tomorrow night!!

Archived