The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Which Player Do You Think Shows The Most Love For The Game?

Guest Steckle

koviu higgins lapierre markov and begin all showed great passion and great point roy 133 about Saku coming back from all three i never even thought about that

Guest Koivu Fan
Ohh boy, I have a few for this one: Koivu (1), Lapierre (2), Higgins (3) and Ryder (4).

I agree with this except id say Begin over Ryder at #4.

PK Subban will probably be on this list when he eventually makes the team

Guest gumper

Once again, I see a type of stereotype of Quebecois players being "passionate". I don't get where you get this passion thing from them, I agree Begin but the rest are a bit iffy.

Guest habinto

I agree with a lot of the players that people mentionned but the one player no one talked about is Franky Soup. Maybe Bouillon is only a #6 or #7 D man but when he is on the ice he shows a lot of love for the game. He takes on battle with guys twice his size and he hits hard. I remember him and Chara going at it and little Boullion did a great job.

Guest spankydriscoll

Raphael !

because he loved the game so much he thought he'd jump on the ice in practice to see if he could make the team !!

Guest habinto
Raphael !

because he loved the game so much he thought he'd jump on the ice in practice to see if he could make the team !!

LOL but he could not even score on theo

Guest old-time Habs fan

Love is a many-gendered thing,

but hockey's love, can only take to wing;

fast-forward and you'll find its goal is there;

defend it, and you can take it, anywhere!

Anywhere, your heart, or team, desires,

to any length you'll go, where win, aspires;

what e'er it takes to show you really care,

your love of hockey's always in the clear!

Guest raydourque

Garth Murray, Koivu. Higgins, nah...the guy didn't even stick up for Koivu this year in a few games when Saku got kicked around. Higgins was on the ice.

Guest St. B. Voyageur

I like what Trevor Timmins said about Lapierre having that spark in his eye...Lapierre doesn't really excel at anything except skating, but he's made his way onto the team. Bégin is my pick though, but I don't know if you took the Habs jersey off, if he would be as impressive...

Guest habsfan7344
I WOUL HAVE TO SAY SAKU KOIVU cause u kno he had cancer and we was fighting through it and i think that is amazing!! GO SAKU KOIVU!!! i would also have to say Michael Ryder also!!!!

Guest ChitownHabby

As for pure love of the game : Steve Begin.

He has no skills, is a farily decent skater but just lives and dies to play the game for his team, his style of play defines love of the game.

Guest devils_fury2

I'd have to agree with anyone who has said Saku Koivu.....the guy has had to over come so much....first and foremost he not only survived cancer (which in most cases is hard enough to do) but he's continued to play hockey and has still always been one of the (if not top scorer) from the Habs just about every single season...also he has had to battle through quite a few serious injuries which certainly have taken their tolls on Koivu but for the most part you wouldn't notice it by the way Koivu continues to play on...

Guest vics11-gohabs

AND even if it's asking for the whole league, I still take Saku Koivu, someone once said, Yzerman came back from blowing out his knee, Berard came back from nearly losing his eye, and Mario came back from cancer... but Saku came back from all 3.

1) Saku Koivu - ^^^^^^ thats why, and thats why is our captain

2) Chris Higgins

3) Sheldon Souray- He is a great leader and I think that we will miss him in that area

Archived